collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guardians of Harmony toys  (Read 20301 times)

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Guardians of Harmony toys
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2016, 09:26:49 AM »
Thanks LunaMoonCustoms1212 and WaterRaven!  I wonder what good LOTR customs are out there...I have a few baits, hm...Moondancer's pose might work for Gandalf...baby pony for the hobbits, I don't have any bait babies though.  Maybe an Uruk-Hai oh, could try and do the Balrog to fight moondancer Gandalf but that's probably beyond my limited ability...

Tell me who else has been seen in the new sculpts??  Enough ponies that we might see them more??

I just dropped in on one of my two walmarts today and found a couple GoHs including Shadowbolts and lot of Spike the Dragon but he was $40!  Ouch!

Heard Shadowbolts has gone as low as $3.x on Amazon...haven't checked back in yet to see how those prices are doing.  At that price it might be worth getting a few to make some customs of the other G4 characters.

I don't mind the new GoH sculpts, I just don't like those sculpts with hair. I love the original brushable mold, and I don't want them to take it away  :(

BTW heres some AWESOME LOTR customs made out of g3's. I might have to try this.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm sorry this is getting a little off topic  :P

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2016, 09:37:30 AM »
My Walmart had everyone the other day, so I might be tempted for more.  I agree about missing brushable the thing for me is these ponies just look better. I wish they did have brushable hair but since I think G4 ponies look like stunted deer I'll take neat ones where I can find them. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

lostpony

« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2016, 12:16:21 PM »
I find that I like molded hair and brushable...hopefully they do some of the new sculpt with brushable hair.

Some actually like the current brushable mold?  I hadn't thought of that...if it does go away some will be disappointed and that would be sad.  There are a lot of them out there now though...and they did look great animated in the Toycracker.

What I really don't like is molded and brushable on the same pony like the McDonald's ponies tend to have...I completed a half-finished McD G3.5 custom I got in a lot where the molded tail had been cut off, and when she had hair for both mane and tail she looked much better. 

LOTR ponies don't seem off topic to me...I love the bottom two especially!  Aragorn and Legolas....eh, maybe I shouldn't try cuz mine would never look like those.  I'd like to see the whole trilogy re-filmed in ponies now.

Maybe something to do with one of those $4 Shadowbolts would be to chop off its molded hair and put in brushable...hm it's always easy to think of things that would take a long time to do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:19:24 PM by lostpony »

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2017, 04:27:19 PM »
If I could make a request in this thread...?
Does anyone have BOTH a GOH Pinkiepie AND a "reboot brushable Pinkie" and could take a photo of their heads side-by side, both on side view/a profile?

I just got in some of the super bargain Amazon figures they had for GOH, like the Cheese/tank for 5 dollars or something.
I haaaaaaaated POP Cheese. But this one of him is so cute! The face is funny and happy and fun. I never thought I would get anything Cheese Sandwich. I actually like the face on the Shadowbolt too, & Dash /tortoise is good as well. I don't see why these heads couldn't have brushable hair installed.

It's been mentioned that "the reboot brushable happy faces (where the mouth is open) are -supposed- to be like the 'more active' GOH faces but I suspect they're not as good looking. I've never seen a reboot brushable in person & I didn't order the GOH Pinkie because I have too much Pinkie stuff already and 0 real desire for more. But, I would be very curious for a side by side comparison.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2017, 08:56:49 PM »
I just got my GOH  giant spike in o.o BOY IS THIS THING A MONSTER!
i had to take him out of his box i'm sitting him next to my giant singing princess twilight lol.
i  just so much love him  ( i got him on super amazon clerance)
i   wnat to get the   little  shadowbolt and pt onhis back lol.

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2017, 12:24:11 AM »
*swoon* I want that adorable spike with his lance and shield! He's the best.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »
they are taking so many themes from the early episodes of MLP (like the giant spike, and the shadowbolt), too bad they didn't do this while those episodes were new. Its a little late, Hasbro.  -_-

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2017, 10:02:57 AM »
I picked up Discord the other day to put me over a free shipping threshold, and by gosh he is enormous. Not sure I want to keep him. :|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2017, 10:19:31 AM »
I got Giant Spike and wow, he is a lot bigger than I thought!  Not that I'm complaining, lol.  Finally something G4 that can also hang out with my G1s without looking out of place.

I know he's supposed to be "magicked up Spike", but I think it's pretty fun pretending that he's Spike's dad.  Or mom!  I might add eyelashes to him . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

lostpony

« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2017, 10:24:30 AM »
LunaMoonCustoms, I was thiking the same thing.  Shadowbolts are from episode 1.

VioletCLM, I was thinking the same thing.  However, I got Discord for $6 and his price has gone right back up....maybe good eBay fodder.

Lorei Redfern, I hadn't thought of that.  Now I feel I do need giant Spike to accompany my two giant twlights and pack of talking princesses...

Maddie, this sculpt is out with brushable hair, I've seen Rarity's new fashion studio and she has this sculpt and brushable hair so you will have better looking stunted deer to choose from.

MintySocks would you like fries, I mean Chrysalis, with your Spike with lance and shield?  Well you get her anyway.

LadyMoondancer I just got Funko Big Mac at last, and he kinda fits right in with G1s...he's tall enough.  Eyelashes on big Spike??  Coooooool.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2017, 10:58:48 AM »
VioletCLM, I was thinking the same thing.  However, I got Discord for $6 and his price has gone right back up....maybe good eBay fodder.
Yep, same. But he's $15 with free shipping on eBay, and between eBay and Paypal fees for that size box I can probably only do a little bit better than that if I want my money back. Maybe it's worth waiting until the market is less saturated, but that's a lot of space being taken up in the meantime.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2017, 11:01:15 AM »
Yeah, Discord is disproportionately large compared to the princesses :\ quite disappointing for a line based entirely on show accuracy. Oh well, I like him regardless.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

lostpony

« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2017, 11:10:03 AM »
I don't like his umbrella and his coffee cup and expression don't really fit in with the rest of the line.

Q why won't you play well with others??

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2017, 08:04:00 PM »
not sure if anyone has done this yet.  but i was curious.  I  just got spike  and i was wondering how he compared to the giant singing princess twilight sparkle here are my observations of him ^^

he is just a little horter then her   but is a good size   to be her compaion.  fianlly giant spike for giant Twilight!

lostpony

« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2017, 08:44:04 PM »
Twilight:  You aren't so big

Spike:  Rawrr

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal