collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guardians of Harmony toys  (Read 20512 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Guardians of Harmony toys
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2016, 02:36:39 PM »
GoH toys really do seem to have two separate focuses:  the toys that seem better to keep in the box, like the Celestia and Discord ones, and the ones that are articulated for play.

Nightmare Moon seems to work both ways...the toy video that introduces a Celestia along with the action figure ones really highlights how they really don't go together as much as being two separate focuses.

So the ones in the boxes can sit around and snarl at each other through their windows sitting on their shelves, and the jointed ones can grapple each other in the arena of our tabletops and carpets for our pleasure.

Top of page again.  Whaddaya know.

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2016, 02:46:49 PM »
I have looked at some of these in stores and they are pretty big and bulky. I like the action idea but sort of feel that the concept is just not well thought out. For almost $30 USD action figures I expected more. I really ike the art boxed still ones I will defiantly be looking into those once the price goes down too. :P

lostpony

« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2016, 02:52:42 PM »
If you act now they can be as cheap as $4.50 on Amazon for the Shadowbolt and once it's in your hands you might be pleasantly surprised!

I like big and bulky so that was a selling point for me, but the weight and show-accurate look makes me love the smaller ones even more.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2016, 02:57:46 PM »
If you act now they can be as cheap as $4.50 on Amazon for the Shadowbolt and once it's in your hands you might be pleasantly surprised!

I like big and bulky so that was a selling point for me, but the weight and show-accurate look makes me love the smaller ones even more.

I knew how cheap they were, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to start collecting SOMETHING ELSE. I just got into g1, I have been hunting down the pearlized brushables, and I have been scouring for rare g1s and g4s at flea markets. I just didn't wanna get into something else.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

lostpony

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2016, 03:14:46 PM »
Only a couple of the pearlies look that good to me cuz I still don't like the Hasbro toy head shape so I mainly buy whatever horses turn up at my favorite thrift store.

Here's my chance to lament:  I went there on the way back from somewhere yesterday instead of on the way out and the guy just ahead of me snagged a BaB Twilight Sparkle for $3.  I talked to him about it, and he said it's for his daughter who loves ponies.

I feel pretty bad that I am still disappointed that I didn't get there first even when I already have about 4 of those AND it's going to a child...I'm so greedy...not cool.

Offline WaterRaven

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Detective Docherty
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2016, 07:52:21 PM »
I have Spike, Nightmare Moon, and show exclusive Discord and  Fluttershy. The others look great and I love them, but I LOVE all of Spike's sounds, I love his glowing eyes, and yesterday I shot Gandalf with one of Spike's fireballs. He died honourably in a green blaze of dragon fire.

lostpony

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2016, 08:32:08 PM »
Not to worry, Gandalf will return to you at the turn of the tide.

I just got home from Target and saw a new Rarity playset (not GoH) with outfits that are like a butterfly hairclip and she "slips" into them it says...with a little track that inserts her, haha.  I noticed they drew her head a slightly different shape in the artwork on the back, and when I looked closely at the figure (holding a wonderbolt up next to her) it looks like at last Hasbro has corrected the head shape!!  Yay.  Looks like she can share sunglasses with the 'bolts.  I know sometimes they do Rarity with a slightly different head shape and nopony else gets changed so I hope this is a trend and the others will have corrected figures with better head shapes soon.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:36:23 PM by lostpony »

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2016, 11:04:53 PM »

:tackleglomp:

YEEESS!!! Lord of the Rings reference!!!!  :P

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2016, 11:42:16 PM »
I love this range. I really think the price is fine

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2016, 01:23:19 PM »
This is the display at one of my local Walmart stores. The other stores however just have the Guardians of Harmony mixed in with the regular My Little Pony toys.

IMG_1242 by LovesBarbie, on Flickr

IMG_1243 by LovesBarbie, on Flickr

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

lostpony

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »
That's a pretty good Walmart army there.

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2016, 06:11:08 PM »
Wow, your walmart looks like pony heaven!! My Walmart is horrible about not having MLP, or toys in general!

Offline WaterRaven

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Detective Docherty
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2016, 08:25:44 PM »

I just got home from Target and saw a new Rarity playset (not GoH) with outfits that are like a butterfly hairclip and she "slips" into them it says...with a little track that inserts her, haha.  I noticed they drew her head a slightly different shape in the artwork on the back, and when I looked closely at the figure (holding a wonderbolt up next to her) it looks like at last Hasbro has corrected the head shape!!  Yay.  Looks like she can share sunglasses with the 'bolts.  I know sometimes they do Rarity with a slightly different head shape and nopony else gets changed so I hope this is a trend and the others will have corrected figures with better head shapes soon.

I appreciate your LOTR reference so much  :lovey:

I just saw the new sculpts too! Now I'm like 'oh geeze, now I need the girls in these new sculpts!'

lostpony

« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2016, 11:47:34 PM »
Thanks LunaMoonCustoms1212 and WaterRaven!  I wonder what good LOTR customs are out there...I have a few baits, hm...Moondancer's pose might work for Gandalf...baby pony for the hobbits, I don't have any bait babies though.  Maybe an Uruk-Hai oh, could try and do the Balrog to fight moondancer Gandalf but that's probably beyond my limited ability...

Tell me who else has been seen in the new sculpts??  Enough ponies that we might see them more??

I just dropped in on one of my two walmarts today and found a couple GoHs including Shadowbolts and lot of Spike the Dragon but he was $40!  Ouch!

Heard Shadowbolts has gone as low as $3.x on Amazon...haven't checked back in yet to see how those prices are doing.  At that price it might be worth getting a few to make some customs of the other G4 characters.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2016, 07:19:54 AM »
I just can't. I'm bummed, but this is the first MLP pony line that I am going to end up saying no to. I don't want ponies that don't have brushable hair. Show accuracy doesn't mean anything to me, so these aren't up my alley. I'm sure some will eventually make their way into my herd through yard sales, but I can't directly give Hasbro my money for these. *shrugs*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal