collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guardians of Harmony toys  (Read 20315 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Guardians of Harmony toys
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2016, 01:11:38 PM »
While the packaged Discord is on $6 after-xmas blowout sale, the fancy one that was the "show exclusive" is $79.

No matter though, the cheap Queen I have on the way looks pretty exciting; I'll be happy with just her if her alter ego doesn't end up being cheap at some point.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2016, 01:48:40 PM »
I don't collect G4 normally but Luna and Nightmare moon are my fav characters so just bought Nightmare moon and Clestia since it seemed better to use them together. I'm not a fan of the others. They don't look right to me but like how the fan one looks more like the sisters. Might get her eventually.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

lostpony

« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2016, 02:33:47 PM »
Well you just got the two best G4 figures ever, congrats!

That Queen seems just as nice and matches them perfectly; I want her too someday.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2016, 09:47:27 AM »
Saw a bunch more Shinings, Rainbows and Shadowbolts today at walmart, but still not a single Pinkie. Also saw plenty of Cheeses and Wonderbolts, but neither of the changeling sets. Also, they had several of Big Spike. Had anyone seen him in stores yet?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2016, 10:27:36 AM »
I finally saw GoH toys in the wild, namely the Spitfire and Soarin' set.  I didn't get them, but they looked very well-made.  Slightly larger than the average brushable.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2016, 12:39:24 PM »
I finally saw GoH toys in the wild, namely the Spitfire and Soarin' set.  I didn't get them, but they looked very well-made.  Slightly larger than the average brushable.

yeah I saw the wonderbolts set as well. it didn't really make sense to me though, you clip big wings on her back? Okay? I guess it would be fun for a little kid, but to a collector... i had mixed feelings.

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

lostpony

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2016, 02:03:29 PM »
That crazy wing pack runs up the cost a lot on that pair too...is why I bought a Shadowbolt instead until I caught the Wonderbolts on blowout on amazon.  They are complete without it though and it does provide some sound effects too so maybe is fun for kids and maybe for those of us who do more than collect...

I don't really play with my ponies so much but the other day I got a pair of traditional wooden tops and just can't stop playing with them, sooo cool so I bet you some adult out there is enjoying that wing pack accessory...

I just hope it doesn't ask if I'm a princess too, haha.  And yet I still keep pressing that Pinklestia button...have to, to make her wings flap.

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2016, 03:02:09 PM »
That crazy wing pack runs up the cost a lot on that pair too...is why I bought a Shadowbolt instead until I caught the Wonderbolts on blowout on amazon.  They are complete without it though and it does provide some sound effects too so maybe is fun for kids and maybe for those of us who do more than collect...

I don't really play with my ponies so much but the other day I got a pair of traditional wooden tops and just can't stop playing with them, sooo cool so I bet you some adult out there is enjoying that wing pack accessory...

I just hope it doesn't ask if I'm a princess too, haha.  And yet I still keep pressing that Pinklestia button...have to, to make her wings flap.

Yeah I never really never liked toys with lights or sound affects that hindered me from playing, I just found them distracting.

lostpony

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2016, 03:15:48 PM »
I have enough Pinklestias I could take the batteries out of one but haven't bothered...too busy hunting more ponies all the time.

Have I mentioned my new pair of traditional wooden tops I just got yesterday....giving them a new spin now....aaahh so much better than buttons, lights or sounds...wheeee there they go again.

Offline U2QueenBee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2016, 07:33:38 AM »
For UK folks, I just looked at the Smyth's website and they have Cheese Sandwich GoH and party cannon/tank for only £10, which is less than half price (was originally £22), if anyone else is interested! I just snagged one for myself. :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2016, 09:37:50 AM »
Yeah, I don't really get the Wonderbolts' wing accessories either.

The toys themselves looked good, no obvious paint smears or anything.  They're also slightly bigger than the normal brushables, which pleases me as I've always found the regulars too dinky and the Fashion Stylings too big.

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

lostpony

« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2016, 09:56:51 AM »
Well...size does matter, haha. 

I agree they are a very nice size and I'm not the only one that likes that they are heavy too.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2016, 10:03:26 AM »
Got my first Guardians of Harmony figure with gift card money last night. Got the Nightmare Moon one. She looks so awesome.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2016, 12:13:57 PM »
Yeah, I don't really get the Wonderbolts' wing accessories either.

The toys themselves looked good, no obvious paint smears or anything.  They're also slightly bigger than the normal brushables, which pleases me as I've always found the regulars too dinky and the Fashion Stylings too big.

yeah, I feel the same way about the size. The regular ones felt small, and the FS felt really big. I think that a size around the regular Celestia would have been a good fit, but that could have been too big as well.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2016, 02:03:35 PM »
I like them quite a bit- if I wasn't trying to downsize I'd get them all.

For now I'm committed to limiting myself to the fan figures only- I really really love the way NM looks- and will definitely get Chrysalis & the changelings when they finally come out (not the action figure set- the static set)  I don't love Celestia but I can't have NM without Celestia to battle after all...

I really like Discord too- the SDCC one. So far I haven't had the guts to debox since the packaging is SO nice- but it really takes up a ridiculous amount of space.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal