collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How has your Pony Luck been recently?  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
How has your Pony Luck been recently?
« on: December 15, 2016, 05:39:21 PM »
Hello everypony! :lovey:

How has your pony luck been recently?
I'm curious- which generations do you find the most in ~the wild~?
I find a ridiculous amount of G3 and G4. I've never found a G2 and when I'm incredibly lucky I come home with a G1.  :newpony:

And do you have any tips or tricks you do in hopes of finding ponies? I always have to bring a pony with me to the flea market or the thrift store, in hopes she attracts her friends  :lol:

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Re: How has your Pony Luck been recently?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 05:46:52 PM »
I've only ever seen G3's at the thrift stores. I'm not an active collector anymore but I've a ton of them at once upon a child.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 06:17:13 PM »
Lately, I've been finding mostly g4 and g3.  I still find the occasional g1.  I very rarely find g2s.

This week, I found a bag with Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and a snow globe Rarity.  :) 
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 06:30:48 PM »
I found a place that has anything but G4, lol? It's mostly G3, but a toy shop has had a handful of G1s among them.. which I bought half of (they had four G1s, I have two of them lol).

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 06:36:23 PM »
recently it has been hit and miss, though I did find a gen one softie plush the other day.

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 07:29:53 PM »
Lately I've only seen fashion style G4s at thrift.   I found one G3 - month or so ago, and I had to get her because she's yellow... of course. :)

It's been a few months since I've seen a g1 at thrift. Though, I stopped checking for a while also.

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 07:32:42 PM »
My pony luck was good yesterday. At the thrift stores, I found three ponies in very good condition. Two g3s and one g1 (Daddy Sweet Celebrations)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 07:38:26 PM »
Eh, nuts. I haven't found any g1s in the wild since the mid '90s!  :lol: :lookround:

Mostly gnarly looking g3s and g4s here. Here's hoping my pony searching turns up something sweet for 2017!

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 08:19:08 PM »
I have found only 3 g1s, and quite a few g4s

Post Merge: December 15, 2016, 08:29:16 PM

Probably the rarest g4 I have ever found was a Daisy Dreams (not a fashion style one), but other then that I haven't found anything good
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 08:29:16 PM by LunaMoonCustoms1212 »

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 10:40:53 PM »
This has been a great year for me. I've scored some great deals on some HTF ponies I would otherwise never purchased.

I think you used up the whole decade's pony luck on that last lot. I still think it's an amazing haul and am very jealous.

Carboot wise, I did spend the summer going round some of the local carboots in London to where I live, and I found a couple of G1 things - Applejack, Baby Cuddles and a sea pony float. Also a bit of G2, 3, 4. I expect to find G3 and G4. It's been a long time since G1 and most people who still have theirs either aren't going to sell or are going to do it online to get the best possible price.

I buy occasional things but student budget dictates when it comes to online stuff.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 11:19:21 PM »
Not great lately. I was having good luck in the spring but the toy section at Value Village is almost non existent during Halloween season. They have the toy area back now but I haven't found anything except for a Lullaby Nursery. No luck at the other thrift stores and the flea market has a toy seller that has a bin of ponies but he charges more than ebay prices so not worth it. Looking back through my photos I found 1 G1 in October and before that I found 1 in June. I check 1-3 times a week at several places. It's been frustrating. I don't even see G3's or G4's as often as I used to but we have a bit of a recession in our city from all the oil and gas lay offs so I think fewer people are buying new stuff which means less purging old stuff.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 01:23:04 AM »
Since I moved I have found hardly any pony stuff at all here. I have found one or two bits on FB selling pages and I did find a huge load of G1s earlier this year at a charity shop - I nearly passed out from excitement! I also found a couple of G3s and playsets this week at a charity shop but I hadthe playsets and I only took one pony - GuavaLava I think it was - as the other had ink marks, and G3s are still too common in general to buy baity ponies.

I think more little girls collect MLP since G4 again so they are becoming harder to find as people pick them up when they see them, and they aren't into selling them at the moment as they are in vogue.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 01:55:57 AM »
Many years ago, I remember walking around the bootsales local to me and practically falling over G1s, Stables, plastic Carebears etc, but of course, I was not collecting then!  :argh:

These days, there is deffo a G1 drought. I collect vintage rhinestone jewellery, so I am always on the hunt for pretties. This summer, during a bootsale browse, my husband called me to say he saw some hiding in a box under a seller table, so I went over to see: just a Posey, Blossom and a few fakies - the G1s were bought (seller wanted £4 each but I thought "oh well, bird in hand" etc) it was such a surprise to see them that I had to buy them! 

I still visit our local Oxfam charity store as the lady there sometimes has a glut of toys - usually collections of Bratz or Disney princesses - I think she stockpiles her donations and saves them for a big display every few months. She doesn't seem to let-on that she has them until she puts them on display, maybe she is fed up with dealers bothering her! I have seen the odd pony there, but not G1 (yet) and because I don't collect the other gens, I do not really notice them.   :redface:

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 02:37:38 AM »
Haven't been out, too much snow. So no telling how it's gonna go!

I usually find G4 McDonald's ponies if any, sometimes G3. If I find G1 it's normally at my favorite Saver's, antique stores, or flea markets haha.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal