collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else not really a "horse person" despite collecting MLP?  (Read 5114 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else not really a "horse person" despite collecting MLP?
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2016, 07:09:41 PM »
I've never really been a horse person, and to be honest, I wasn't even into MLP pre-2011. That's not to say I ever disliked horses or MLP, they just weren't interests of mine.

Around a couple of years after getting into MLP, I did meet a couple of friends through work that are into horses. They own a number of them. I haven't been out to see them in some time, but sometimes those friends would take me out to see them. This was definitely taking me out of my comfort zone... Including walking through wet..um..mud. My friends must have found that so amusing. >.< But anyway, the actual horses are remarkably beautiful and adorable (those ears!). Although I still am a little uncomfortable around them because they are just sooo large.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »
Although I still am a little uncomfortable around them because they are just sooo large.

^This; I've always loved horses, but am honestly kind of afraid of them. I want to get over that, and I plan to. As far back as I can remember in my childhood I loved to play with Breyers, Grand Champions, and of course MLP (most of my favorite toys were animals, not people, come to think of it). I grew up on the Saddle Club, Pony Pal books, Unicorns of Balinor, etc. My aunt had two horses on her farm that I loved to look at and was slightly afraid of; one was a really sweet draft horse and one was a snippy, beautiful black mare who kept her distance. I want to get over my fear of horses and really ride one someday; I've gone on two trail rides so far, during which my horse kept trying to stop and eat or ram me into a tree.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2016, 08:09:14 PM »
Oh, definetly me! Ive never really been around horses much, and ive never exactly been a fan of horses because of how big they are but I find myself drawn to MLP for the cute faces, pastel colors, and the fact there are unicorns and pegasus! It might be because they are fantasy creatures, ive always had a spot in my heart for them and dragons. :blush: 

Im much more of a sea animal lover to be honest, and ive got my share of pastel orca and dolphin toys! In fact I wish there were collectible pastel dolphin/whale/porpoise bath toys similar to the style and  feel of MLP omg I would be in love!!! Idk its funny because I happily swam with wild sharks (particulary lemons and bonnethead) when I lived in Florida and wild southern stingrays in Atlantis, but I would be terrified to ever get on a horse... >_< I guess Im a hardcore sea"horse" person though, but of course that doesnt count.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:38:01 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2016, 11:14:01 PM »
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I must admit there was a point in my life where I was able to ride a horse fairly regularly and it was a fun experience but I just don't really dig horses aesthetically, and my collection is mostly for aesthetic reasons. Heck I enjoy driving but I have absolutely no desire to ever collect Hot Wheels. Even tho I'm not a fan of the realistic horse aesthetic I do love my unicorns and pegasai and fantasy colored horses in general.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2016, 01:26:01 AM »
I'm a horse person but was an MLP kid first. I grew up with horses and ponies but was scared of them and didn't ride much until I was ten or so. I didn't really get into them until my grandpa bought me and my cousin each a horse. I was still scared of them until I went to horse Bible camp at 14. I love having horses but can't afford more than the one who is older now. Someday

I need to clarify: I was secretly scared of horses when I was little (like age 8 and younger) because my aunt, who had horses in high school like my mom and other aunt, always seemed to freak out when I was around them and told me that they would kick or step on me all the time.  I got over my fear with our Shetland pony Babe at age 9. However, I was horse crazy as a kid still. I read Pony Pals and the Thoroughbred series, had MLP, Grand Champions, LPS horses and a pony surprise. I also got horse magazines.

I have been kicked by a horse but I realized it wasn't entirely his fault even though I really didn't care for him in general. I want more horses some day so me and my fiancé each have one to ride. My old mare (27) is still my baby and it will be really hard when she goes.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Evilunicorn

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2016, 08:24:22 PM »
I'm completely indifferent about IRL horses. My younger cousin has been horseback riding for years so whenever I visit my grandparents she always wants me to go to the barn with her so I can see her horse  ^^; It's cute seeing how happy she is with that horse, but I never really got the appeal of horses  :shrug:

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2016, 09:07:22 PM »
I like SEEING horses... they're pretty enough. But I have terrible acrophobia; I've ridden horses and felt like I was dying. They're just so HUGE, I can't go near them now.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2016, 04:09:36 AM »
I think I like horses as evryone might do, but I never got the chance the learn how to ride them, my sister did, so I'm not a horse person, though I like them, would feed them, but nothing more... but the ponies (MLP) I love them....
The funny thing is that my sister was a horse persone, now she doesn't want to ride anymore, and still she was not a MLP person anyway. I was the pony one.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:09:21 AM by Khayman81 »
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2016, 09:13:46 AM »
I'm not a horse person.  When I was younger, my mom had enough space to offer pasture/board to some of her friends who owned horses.  Therefore, most of the feeding, brushings, exercise, walking, pest control, fence-walking, hoof picking, etc. fell to me...  I like horses, but I just don't want to be outside doing chores all day... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2016, 11:05:32 AM »
As a kid, I went to riding school for a while but partly due to allergics and lacking interest, I stopped going. I've always liked animals, especially dogs, which is why I worked at animal clinic. Sure, I briefly dreamed about owning my very own horse but I came to my senses around 12-13 when realizing how much it would cost. Also, that I didn't have the interest for it.

The reason why I'm a MLP collector is for my love of G1 toy ponies that I'm luckily not allergic to. ^.^

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2016, 07:51:50 AM »
I psychologically cannot fathom someone not liking horses! To me it's like someone not liking puppies or cupcakes. I have ridden and shown horses all over the country for my entire life. Horses are literally my life.

I hope everyone loves something as much as I love horses. <3

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2016, 08:01:14 AM »
I psychologically cannot fathom someone not liking horses! To me it's like someone not liking puppies or cupcakes. I have ridden and shown horses all over the country for my entire life. Horses are literally my life.

Do cats count? They're the only animal I feel a true connection too :3
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2016, 08:06:15 AM »

Do cats count? They're the only animal I feel a true connection too :3

Of course!!! Cats are awesome!! I know a lot of people don't like cats (also unfathomable to me) so I suggested puppies. I don't know anyone who doesn't like puppies!

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2016, 10:28:37 AM »

Like I've said I don't really hate them. It's more I'm just not drawn to their appearance. Like if I see one I'll pet it because it's still an animal and there's just something about making friends with friendly animals that makes me happy. But I still feel they look really boring.

Also a cat person. Cats are always beautiful to me.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2016, 11:55:19 AM »
I went through a horse phase when I was little, and even went to "horse camp" for a couple summers, but the magic quickly wore off for me once I realized how much work they are. :P Now, I'm actually a little afraid of horses. Any critter that's less biddable than a dog but ten times the size of one seems pretty dangerous to be around if you don't know what you're doing. I still think horses are reasonably attractive from a distance though, especially grey ones.

But I never liked MLP because they were horses. I got into ponies because I loved unicorns, seahorses, and colorful hair. It was definitely the cute fantasy element that drew me into pony collecting, not the horsey-ness. Which is weird now that I think about it, because I overwhelmingly prefer the gentler, more horsey faces of G1/G3 to the stylized G2/G4, but if you asked me whether I thought a horse was cuter than a mouse-deer, I would say no way! :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal