collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is there a pony that you wanted as a child, but did not get?  (Read 6167 times)

Pony-mommy

• Trade Count: (0)
Hey everyone,

When I was little, I wanted a Secret Surprise Pony. I never ended up getting one though.

In my child's mind, the Secret Surprise Pony was the most magical thing ever!

A pony with a key to a "secret" compartment! How amazing is that to a child!!   :lol: 

I imagined how I would keep all kinds of treasures in there, and that nobody but me would ever know there was anything hidden inside, haha. Silly me!   :silly:

Is there a pony you wanted as a child, but didn't get (regardless whether you have it in your collection now)?

I thought this would be a nice trip down memory lane   :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Is there a pony that you wanted as a child, but did not get?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 06:56:37 AM »
LOTS!  But number one in this category was Bubbles.  I wanted Bubbles soooo badly and I put him on my Christmas list every year (not realizing that each pony was only sold for one year).  Eventually my sister made a white pipecleaner pony with a red mane and told me it was named Bubbles, hoping to placate me.  I pretended to be grateful, but I was actually thoroughly disappointed.

Never did get Bubbles until I was an adult collector.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline millenium0chi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 06:58:01 AM »
My room looked like an 80s Toys R Us exploded in it.  In addition to holidays and birthdays, my mother took us to pick out smaller toys every time we got good report cards or had good dentist/doctor visits, etc.  Ponies were my go-to choice and thanks to Saturday morning commercials, I always had a mental list of wants.  She always got me what I wanted, but I started getting nuts with the sea ponies.  I wanted every single one of them, adults and babies.  By the time I'd accumulated 3 or 4 and was trying to pick more, she nudged me back toward traditional ponies.  She said that having them all over the house was one thing, but pretty soon, there'd be no more room in the tub for people.  It didn't help that the tub was already full of crap between my brother's water toys and mine, including several cartoon character bubble bath and shampoo bottles...
Be a Blessing
Looking for my childhood loves:
Princess Tiffany, Mimic, Twinkler, Surf Rider (baby sea pony), Majesty, Megan and Sundance, Cotton Candy

Offline Sweet Stuff

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Lil Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 07:36:24 AM »
I really wanted Sweet Stuff. But I never had her as a child. I didn't get to own any TE ponies. I had more of the later ponies.
Currently looking for: NIP G1 Sweet Stuff.

Pony-mommy

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 07:45:31 AM »
Eventually my sister made a white pipecleaner pony with a red mane and told me it was named Bubbles, hoping to placate me.  I pretended to be grateful, but I was actually thoroughly disappointed.

That was so nice of your sister to make you your very own Bubbles!  :)  I understand the disappointment though!
In stead of a Secret Surprise Pony, I got a Keyper (if you remember those). It was Belle, the baby swan, and it didn't even come with a key. It just had a slot in the back that you had to squeeze open.

No pony and no key. You can imagine how disappointed I was!!  Haha

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 08:31:22 AM »
I honestly can't remember if there were any specific ones I wanted. I was around 5 when my pony craze was really going. When I told my mother about my recent renewed interest in my little ponies so laughed. She said she remembers that back in the day I played with my ponies for hours daily and begged her for a new one just about every day. So I think there must have had certain ones I really wanted. But I really loved my big brother ponies so I know I would have wanted more of those.
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 08:59:45 AM »
Yup. Mimic. Because she was in the cartoon, and her colors are so neat. Never saw her in the stores, though. And I still don't have her, due to the typical asking price. ^^;

Ah well. Someday! :lol:

ETA: Come to think of it, I remember searching for Medley and not finding her either!
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 09:20:38 AM »
I don't remember a specific pony that I asked for and didn't get. I did love Fizzy in the movie though and I didn't have any Twinkle Eyed ponies as a child.

Edit: OK so I'm looking at some pamphlets on google and I have several ponies from this year but like I mentioned I didn't have any Twinkle Eyes as a kid. This totally jogged my memory, I had this pamphlet and I remember being completely obsessed with the TE's. I wanted all six of them so badly. Especially since I had Baby Tic Tac Toe and Baby Quackers I wanted their moms. I don't think I had ever seen a Mimic in real life as a kid. I don't remember knowing about her until I was an adult but now that I look at this pamphlet I remember wanting her because of how beautiful she looks in the art. Plus unicorns are my favorite and I loved her pose. Interesting what memories come to surface when you look at these old pamphlets.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:27:19 PM by Shy Violet »

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 09:27:02 AM »
I so badly wanted fizzy! I got galaxy and was convinced that fizzy was her best friend.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 09:50:00 AM »
I would pick one from every set I saw on Dream vally..
Being 9 years old..and I did grasp the consept of them being collectable so yeah. And only being very little when I did have my G1 ponies it wasent a thought for me to think of wanting more.

I do recall looking on dream vally and wanting
Tex
:accomplished:

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 09:54:22 AM »
Lucky.  I always wanted Lucky, ever since I saw him in an insert.

I still don't have him...

Offline mulbiles

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 09:56:21 AM »
For me it was SS Windwhistler and Baby Lickety Split.  I didn't even know they existed until the movies.  Alot of my ponies I got from Garage Sales, and Family.  I guess there weren't too many sold in the area :/  I did get her finally get them as an adult collector!

NoelVS

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 09:57:39 AM »
I only had piggy Peachy in beauty parlor. When I go to high school, I make a friend and she told me that her cousin, her sister and her had a MLP collection. I was highly surprised and asked her "That means that you had MORE THAN 1 pony!!!! O_O" LOL

So there's a lot... except for Peachy

Offline wyndeboo

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 10:11:09 AM »
not a pony per say, but I always wanted a Paradise Estate. One day I hope to get one

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 10:23:51 AM »
I remember sometimes in the MLP comics it would have pictures of little girls with their collections, they had hundreds!!! So I would look at those pictures and mentally wish for all the ones I didn't have, which was most of them ;D
I know pretty high up the list were Medley & Firefly, I know they were two I definitely really wanted from reading the comics. I don't think they were even sold here in UK!! I have them now :)

Jules x
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal