collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what are your collecting idiosyncrasies?  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: what are your collecting idiosyncrasies?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2016, 08:47:54 PM »
I like to complete sets and purple always comes first. Plus for the more expensive ponies I just can't pass up a good deal.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 03:53:07 PM »
I'm not super picky, however I must have all the ponies with bees in their symbol/ cutie mark, of all gens. And I'm trying to get all US release unicorns (G1). Other than that, any pony that strikes my fancy. Also, and I don't know if this counts as an idiosyncrasy, I love G1 ponies with factory curls. No matter how frizzy those curls are, if they are original I'll keep them just like they are. 
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2016, 03:43:08 AM »
Any pony, MLP or otherwise....especially peculiar things that happen to be pony.

I'm new so still constantly finding things I didn't know about and I want some of them.  I don't want to have them all but I like to have some of everything...I was happy with two happy tails, 3 merry go round ponies, two or three wingers and just one dance and prance seems a little few and 2 brush n grows, want some more of those.  I have approx 100 ponies so far. 

When poking through a friend's duplicate G3s I discovered that I like white ponies in particular.  I asked him if I am prejudiced! haha he said no, lots of people like one color in particular.

Lately while playing with the Styling G3s I have discovered I like BIG!  I know they take up too much space but I like ponies that stand tall and fill my hands up and fit teddy-bear sized clothes...I have some duplicates of the styling ponies now and I'm keeping them all and I just got a 9" Pinklestia with the flapping wings and I want the rest of those ones but, I don't like the Hasbro G4 toys funny-shaped heads at ALL and I can't figure out why they are shaped like that...though I love the actual show's head shape and the Funko vinyls' heads just fine.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 08:27:22 AM »
Unicorns!   :lol: Yeah my collection is 80% unicorns (most of the non-unis are childhood ponies). I have to resist getting more than one of each too.  ;)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline CustomsRfun

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Wanted: MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 08:30:17 AM »
I wanted to keep one pony of each type.
One Unicorn, one pegasus, one rainbow pony, one perfume puff, one Princess, etc, etc..

But then i got the 4 Glow N Show and more ponies came crawling in..... Now i just keep the ones i like and i sell the others.
Open for Customs Commissions :)

LOOKING FOR:
MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2016, 04:06:21 AM »
I'll take in anything pony, but I have a soft spot for first releases and blue ponies. First releases, because it helps justify selling newer releases, or just not getting them at all, as I hoarde ponies whenever I can, and I hate it, but can't help myself! Blue ponies, because I love the colour, it's my favourite, and besides that, my first pony (Ruby Lips) is blue as well. Most of my favourites are blue too - Nightglider, baby Shaggy, Wind Whistler, Bow Tie... So many blue pretties!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2016, 08:07:04 AM »
I'm a unicorn fanatic, but as far as colors go I am in love with anything neon colored, or neon colored haired- Mimic, Tic Tac Toe, the beach themed G1s (whose names are escaping me), Skyflier (fabulous pink hair). I could go on..

I also really enjoy the yellow G1s, which is odd since yellow is low on my favorite colors list. My PP Red Roses is pretty to me, especially with her bright hair. Normally though yellow and pink as a combo on anything is a turn off. On ponies it's fine!

I also love the blue G1s, like SS Angel, Blueberry Baskets, and Wind Whistler, it's such a gorgeous color
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:37:40 PM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2016, 08:51:38 AM »
My preferred Gen is Gen 1 but I collect all Gens if I find them :) I will only buy a pony for my herd is she has no haircuts or missing hairplugs, I am VERY picky about my ponies hair I don't mind messy as it can be tamed, but must be intact :)
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal