collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fixing Hasbro's Oversight -the Play and Care "Baby Shady" that should have been  (Read 952 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

When I was a kid I believed all these ponies existed somewhere in the world. Sadly, in the UK, only four of them did. Brazil's  baby pony set added a fifth to those four. However, thanks to the amazing talents of Pandabear_chan, I finally have added the sixth missing member to the set. - Baby Shady, who does not exist anywhere in regular eyed form.

I commissioned Baby Shady from Pandabear_chan to be based on the prototype regular eyed version Hasbro advertised in their catalogue (picture on the Wiki), so she's as close to what Hasbro intended as possible (and as close to my childhood Mama Shady as possible, too).

The Baby Heart Throb in the photo is actually the continental European one, because the UK one has different symbols which don't really match Heart Throb the adult in the way I imagined as a kid. So she's not really from the UK set.

Here, at last, are what I think Hasbro should have done with the 1986 UK equivalent of the BBE babies.

Thank you for your hard word and diligence to detail in bringing Baby Shady to life, Pandabear_chan :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:51:46 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Fixing Hasbro's Oversight - Play and Care Babies
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 08:59:51 AM »
Do want! I wish we'd gotten regular eyed versions. Your girls are so cute! Especially Baby Lofty,  Baby Shady and Baby Ribbon! :dribble:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 09:03:14 AM »
Congratulations, they all look so lovely together.  ^.^ I too think Hasbro made quite a few oversights when it came to baby ponies.  -_-

Pandabear's Shady looks so factory! :shocked: Is she painted or dyed?

**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 09:08:20 AM »
Congratulations, they all look so lovely together.  ^.^ I too think Hasbro made quite a few oversights when it came to baby ponies.  -_-

Pandabear's Shady looks so factory! :shocked: Is she painted or dyed?

I'm pretty sure she's dyed. I'm actually quite in awe at the quality of her body tone colour and how even and real it looks. My sister came home over the last weekend and she kinda stared at her knowing it wasn't a real pony but not really sure why it looked like one. I'm so happy with her :) I've wanted a 'real' Baby Shady since I was five, when I got Shady (Movie Star), and Hasbro never gave us one in the UK. A pony friend gave me the BBE one for my 16th birthday a looong time ago - but it's not the same...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 09:30:29 AM »
Adorable!! Congrats!! :D

mskittylovesrobin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 09:57:07 AM »
I love it all :) x

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 11:39:40 AM »
Do want! I wish we'd gotten regular eyed versions. Your girls are so cute! Especially Baby Lofty,  Baby Shady and Baby Ribbon! :dribble:

My sentiments exactly...much as I've always loved the BBE ponies, I always did long to have regular versions, too! Congrats on these...they're lovely, I can't even tell they're customs!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 11:42:17 AM »

My sentiments exactly...much as I've always loved the BBE ponies, I always did long to have regular versions, too! Congrats on these...they're lovely, I can't even tell they're customs!

They're not customs -  only Baby Shady is a custom ;) The others are all genuine, though Baby Lofty is the Brazilian variant baby, as there is no UK Baby Lofty with regular eyes. :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Very nice.   We never got the UK release ponies in my country when I was little, so I know how frustrating it can be!  Your girls look amazing.  Congrats :D

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
Just too adorable... Baby Shady is one of my favorite babies.
Why they didn't make one or sell her in the UK is baffling - she had a pretty awesome comic personality. :)

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
That has turned out amazing!!!! Congrats!!! :biggrin:

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
    • View Profile
Wow. I've never dyed a pony before but I doubt it would turn out that well! I have a long list of babies I'd love pandabear to make me!  :lol:
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
Gorgeous girls! :heart: this is actually one of my favourite sets and I agree they should have released baby shady and baby lofty in this set. I was always looking for baby lofty as a child! Baby Shady looks so adorable in that pose & looks factory made!

P.S. So jelly over your MIB Baby Lickity Split, shes the last one i need from that set :dribble: just noticed she has baby heart throbs sticker too, typical hasbro!

Babydoll~

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Gorgeous girls! :heart: this is actually one of my favourite sets and I agree they should have released baby shady and baby lofty in this set. I was always looking for baby lofty as a child! Baby Shady looks so adorable in that pose & looks factory made!

P.S. So jelly over your MIB Baby Lickity Split, shes the last one i need from that set :dribble: just noticed she has baby heart throbs sticker too, typical hasbro!

Babydoll~

LOL, yes she does *rolls eyes*. I don't have Licky's sticker, just the pony MIB *sigh* But you can't be jealous when you have ALL the others MIB. I think I should be jealous of you (and often am when I remember the MIP you have!) The early ponies and babies have probably always been my favourites - of course, as a child I wanted all of them and had only Baby Blossom, and most of them weren't sold here anyway. But having them sold in Germany or America is fine, there's the option to import. Even Brazil, while a challenge, is possible (and mine came from a past Ponycon anyway, so that was really easy!). But when Hasbro don't make them...sigh. Too cruel. Especially when I had Shady as a child and adored her. I always wanted Baby Shady to go with her.

Thanks all for your comments and I agree - Pandabear_chan is hugely talented and I highly recommend her artistry. I am really really picky and never commission customs for that reason, but I also can look at Baby Shady and consider her "real", although I know she isn't. So I genuinely feel my set is complete. I almost want to find her a boat, now, so she can have the "Baby Shady" as well ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:46:45 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
She looks awesome! So cute and definitely looks factory made  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal