collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you should like, but . . .  (Read 5688 times)

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you should like, but . . .
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 11:29:26 AM »
Not exactly dislike, but for me Lickity Split is strangely disappointing; I do like pink, it's my favourite colour, so I would expect finding out that the toy was actually supposed to be pink would make me like it more, but it somehow bothers me that toy Lickity Split and baby Lickity Split look nothing like they do in the show. It's doubly strange because I like Honey Suckle and she's more or less the exact same colours.

There are also some colour schemes that I don't really care for on some of the Nirvanas and rare standard ones, I admit some look really strange to me and usually when I see somebody talking about one of those specific Ponies my mental response is "Oh, well that's nice....I suppose, I'm not really sure why you would want it, but I'm happy for you I guess"

Offline charlatan

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 11:43:05 AM »
For some reason as kids, we always made Parasol be a snob/bully to our other ponies...to this day I still dislike her.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 01:00:56 PM »
For me first thought is Rainbow Dash in G4. I looooove her design, but that's it. I detest her personality in the show x( She is a snobby, lazy yet also competitive, egotistic, and athletic all traits I do not like. When I saw her I was hoping she was going to be an artist or something neat, I also expected her to be sooo much sweeter.  When I play ponies with my friend's kids I love to pretend RD is a sweet loving pony manga artist. Artist RD with a weather pony job would have been awesome!

Also the Breezy G1 ponies, I'm surprised I haven't taken an interest in them! I loooove things like fairies and butterflies with wings so why don't I have a horde of them on my shelf? LOL!

I guess any Celestial G1 ponies too....I'm a girl crazy about earth-space science. Take me out and point at anything in the sky, I can tell you what it is.... planet, constelation, even the name orgin of it as well as some other useless trivia. Why don't I have a huge shelf of the starry ponies? I definetly SHOULD! I do like them but why am I holding back?

Post Merge: April 26, 2016, 01:02:59 PM

Mimic. It seems like everyone is crazy for Mimic, and while I love the TE ponies, she is one I just don't like.
Same! I don't like the parrot...but I love TE ponies! Give me locket any day over her!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:32:16 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »
G1 princesses. Those big jewel symbols just look so odd and cheap to me.

I'm currently on the fence about SHS ponies. Going to take a long look at some in person at the Fair this year and see if my feelings toward them have changed.

Elf

Agreed on the princesses! I'm especially iffy on the German variants - I don't like their hair colors, there's too much pink and yellow, whereas the originals at least had some color variety.

I hated SHSs until I found 1 in a thrift store recently and then bought another from eBay so she wouldn't be alone, and now I'm in love  :biggrin: they're so much cuter in person, for some reason.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »
Galaxy. She has a space themed symbol, a cute name, great colour combinations and an unusual body colour. But...I just can't like her. It's something about her, and I don't know what it is.

I feel the same way about Galaxy!  She was actually a pony I wanted really badly as a kid, based on how she looked on her brochure drawing.  But I ended up with Fizzy--either because they were out of Galaxy or because I didn't like how Galaxy looked in real life.  I wish I could remember which.

Anyway, I feel like I should like Galaxy and even feel a little guilty about not liking her. But something about her just doesn't do it for me.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2016, 01:25:06 PM »
Not exactly dislike, but for me Lickity Split is strangely disappointing; I do like pink, it's my favourite colour, so I would expect finding out that the toy was actually supposed to be pink would make me like it more, but it somehow bothers me that toy Lickity Split and baby Lickity Split look nothing like they do in the show. It's doubly strange because I like Honey Suckle and she's more or less the exact same colours.

There are also some colour schemes that I don't really care for on some of the Nirvanas and rare standard ones, I admit some look really strange to me and usually when I see somebody talking about one of those specific Ponies my mental response is "Oh, well that's nice....I suppose, I'm not really sure why you would want it, but I'm happy for you I guess"

Complete agreement on Lickety Split! I should love her but I kind of go "meh" when I see her. And like you I really like Honeysuckle! Makes no sense lol ^^*

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2016, 01:30:33 PM »
I always feel like Lickety-Split should be lavender, but instead she's this wishy-washy color that's halfway between pink and lavender, and I really don't like it.

Also, the cones on her symbol blend in to her body color.  I've seen eBay sellers describe her as having "cloud symbols". :lol:
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline pickwick_pirate

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2016, 03:19:33 AM »
Mimic. It seems like everyone is crazy for Mimic, and while I love the TE ponies, she is one I just don't like.

I agree, I really like all her bright colours. I LOVE the TE's but Mimic is just bleh. I have her and she is my least favorite.

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 05:03:55 AM »
Rockin Beats, Tropicals (colors), Perfume Puffs (hair), the talking ones, beddy bye babies and those eyelash princesses (they freak me out! :lol:)

Completely agree- especially eyelash princesses- eek!

I'd add Rapunzel too- i just don't get why she's so popular- i don't think her colour combination is particularly attractive.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »
Rockin Beats, Tropicals (colors), Perfume Puffs (hair), the talking ones, beddy bye babies and those eyelash princesses (they freak me out! :lol:)

I'd add Rapunzel too- i just don't get why she's so popular- i don't think her colour combination is particularly attractive.

Neither do I. I love  G3 Forsythia but not her.

Applejack- She's such a classic pony and I think the Bowtie pose is cute, but her colors are blah to me. I like G3 AJ much better.

Boysenberry Pie-Her color combination is one I should love . I think the Sweetberry set is gorgeous and she's in my favorite unicorn pose, but every picture I see of her makes me turn away.  I dunno why.

Munchy-Cute pose, gorgeous colors, but her symbols ruin the whole thing for me.

Patch-One of my favorite characters from Tales. Her pose is perfect but I would prefer her with Munchy's color scheme.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline jsmarx

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2016, 08:52:26 AM »
The flutter ponies faces remind me of frogs.  I like frogs, but the flutters look a bit weird to me.  I also like the so softs deflocked.  They have such bright colors, and the flocking just seems to hide it.  Also not a big fan of the eyelashes, and the BBEs.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2016, 01:14:45 PM »

I love Rapunzel's hair, but she needs to be purple. :D

--

Watch me start liking them all in the near future.. XD  :lol:

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2016, 01:21:54 PM »
Galaxy. She has a space themed symbol, a cute name, great colour combinations and an unusual body colour. But...I just can't like her. It's something about her, and I don't know what it is.

I feel the same way about Galaxy!  She was actually a pony I wanted really badly as a kid, based on how she looked on her brochure drawing.  But I ended up with Fizzy--either because they were out of Galaxy or because I didn't like how Galaxy looked in real life.  I wish I could remember which.

Anyway, I feel like I should like Galaxy and even feel a little guilty about not liking her. But something about her just doesn't do it for me.

My heart breaks..  :cloud:

Jk
My Tumblr

Offline ponytales

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2016, 01:30:52 PM »
G1 Milky Way (silver glitter symbols).

Every time my sister comes into my room, she picks her up and hugs her. She's always saying 'Oh, I love her, she looks soooo happy!'. I'm tempted to give it to her!

My favourites are Cascade and French Bow Tie (among a number of Nirvanas)
Currently seeking Italian Blue Lickety Split :inlove:

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2016, 02:12:36 PM »
I'm another who's never really taken to the Sweetheart Sisters. In theory I should love them, as they're elegant, come in lovely colours and have pretty symbols, but I never really clicked with them. I've been thinking that I should try and get at least one, though, because I might well like them in person!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal