collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you should like, but . . .  (Read 5956 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you should like, but . . .
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2016, 02:20:25 PM »
Rockin Beats, Tropicals (colors), Perfume Puffs (hair), the talking ones, beddy bye babies and those eyelash princesses (they freak me out! :lol:)

Completely agree- especially eyelash princesses- eek!

I'd add Rapunzel too- i just don't get why she's so popular- i don't think her colour combination is particularly attractive.

Neither do I. I love  G3 Forsythia but not her.

Applejack- She's such a classic pony and I think the Bowtie pose is cute, but her colors are blah to me. I like G3 AJ much better.

Boysenberry Pie-Her color combination is one I should love . I think the Sweetberry set is gorgeous and she's in my favorite unicorn pose, but every picture I see of her makes me turn away.  I dunno why.

Munchy-Cute pose, gorgeous colors, but her symbols ruin the whole thing for me.

Patch-One of my favorite characters from Tales. Her pose is perfect but I would prefer her with Munchy's color scheme.

I'm with you on Boysenberry Pie. I absolutely love the Sweetberry set, just not her. I think the reason I don't like is because her colors are just too dark.

And yeah Munchy is such an oddball w/ her symbols. She's the only TAF I don't like.

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2016, 07:28:51 PM »
When I was 9 years old and got back into my little pony I had my mom look up the originals bacuse I couldn't quite remember them and the collector pose ones where the first to come up and I thought they looked Droopy and sad.

But then my intrest was still peaked on fakies and I really wanted to give original a try.. as soon as I saw other ponies I was in love. They eyes on all of them still took some getting use to. But the others didn't look sad.

The others I should like but kinda don't per say is just the first year mlpa like firefly , glory, medley. .ect. I like the later ones like
Sweet berry, sundae best, magic message ect..
Love em!
:accomplished:

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2016, 02:47:16 AM »
I should love the Glow 'n Shows, because I totally adore all things glow-in-the-dark. But I don't know, their colours seem off? Even Starglow, my favourite from that set, keeps pushing me away. Her symbol is so perfect and she's a pegasus, but that dirty blue... They really couldn't find a prettier shade? :crazy:

I can't like Twinkler either. I love the sparkle ponies so much, and she's in my favourite pose, and I love purple ponies, but for some reason she's just yuck. :lookround:

The flutter ponies faces remind me of frogs.  I like frogs, but the flutters look a bit weird to me.

Finally someone who sees it too! I actually love the flutters very much, but yes, they totally look like frogs. XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2016, 07:06:59 AM »
Luna, Celestia, Gold Lily and Baby Flurry Heart. I looove Unipegs! I love their symbols, I love the golden gauntlets on their legs, in fact I do Love them. But Hasbro had to ruin it by making all their ponies, round, bobble-headed, bird-beaked mutants. They'd be even prettier if they had normal heads.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:20:24 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2016, 01:26:17 AM »
Personally, for me it's TAF Buttons. I love unicorns. I love the Buttons pose. I REALLY love green ponies. But, while she's cute, her body is a 'pea soup' kind of green rather than a nice frosty/mint green or electric green, which personally sort of disappoints me.

Also, the first set of sea ponies. I not only love sea ponies, I am also a huge fan of this set's musical number 'Call Upon the Sea Ponies'. However, their colours are really forgettable, and they just don't leave a lasting impression on me.

Also, Steamer/Tracks from the Big Brother Ponies set. I like boy ponies (especially the Mountain Boys) but he just leaves me cold. Couldn't they have distinguished him from Slugger/First Base just a LITTLE more? You know, maybe make him a nice bright red or something, rather than that shade of pink? (Really, they should have had a wider colour palette for the first set of Big Brothers in general. I mean seriously, THREE blue ponies (and I LIKE blue ponies!), two pink ponies (both an eerily similar shade of pink) and only one yellow pony? Couldn't they have added a little orange, or red or purple into the set?)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:35:21 AM by Deep Purple Crystal »

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2016, 01:53:57 AM »
Personally, for me it's TAF Buttons. I love unicorns. I love the Buttons pose. I REALLY love green ponies. But, while she's cute, her body is a 'pea soup' kind of green rather than a nice frosty/mint green or electric green, which personally sort of disappoints me.

Also, the first set of sea ponies. I not only love sea ponies, I am also a huge fan of this set's musical number 'Call Upon the Sea Ponies'. However, their colours are really forgettable, and they just don't leave a lasting impression on me.

Also, Steamer/Tracks from the Big Brother Ponies set. I like boy ponies (especially the Mountain Boys) but he just leaves me cold. Couldn't they have distinguished him from Slugger/First Base just a LITTLE more? You know, maybe make him a nice bright red or something, rather than that shade of pink? (Really, they should have had a wider colour palette for the first set of Big Brothers in general. I mean seriously, THREE blue ponies (and I LIKE blue ponies!), two pink ponies (both an eerily similar shade of pink) and only one yellow pony? Couldn't they have added a little orange, or red or purple into the set?)

Oh I so agree regarding the Big Brothers. Slugger and Steamer are way too close in body color, plus they both have white hair. The same goes for Chief and 4-Speed. And although their hair color is different, Salty & Quarterback are too similar in body color. I love the U.S. Big Brothers as a whole, but I'd have loved more diversity like we see with the Mountain Boys set.

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2016, 05:41:51 AM »
I would also like to add SS Heart Throb. I really love pegasi. I like so-softs (although I do think some ponies look much better without flocking). However, SS Heart Throb's body is a really weird kind of 'strawberry milk' colour that puts me off a little (don't get me wrong, I think that the regular Heart Throb is perfectly fine) Maybe it's just that I've seen ones with rough flocking (come to think of it, I've never seen SS Heart Throb in mint condition). But... yeah.

I can understand the dislike of Mimic (her colours and pose are a hit-and-miss kind of thing: some people love them, others hate them). Personally, I say she deserves the adoration. They're really aren't any TEs that I consider objectively to be anything worse than 'good', just to show how amazing I believe the set to be.

Also, UK Magic Star. I enjoy yellow ponies, and I enjoy Magic Star's comic personality (she's a wise pony with a huge array of magic and knowledge), but when I look at her in that pose, I don't think 'wise and magical pony' at all (personally, SS Magic Star's pose fits her graceful comic personality way better).

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2016, 08:02:56 AM »

They should have. Slugger woulda been more baseball if he were white with red stripes. I like him, but he reminds me of a strawberry sundae. I personally love Steamer.

Quarterback, handsome as he is, could have been any number of colors.

Chief should have been a Police Pony, or had red and yellow in his mane, or red and blue. His colors and name scream Cop.

When it comes to Baby Bros, there's a lot of blue and pink too.

I 'm not crazy about blue Starhopper. That shade of yellow, just doesn't go with such a gorgeous shade of teal.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:05:50 AM by Leave a Whisper »

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2016, 08:23:08 AM »

They should have. Slugger woulda been more baseball if he were white with red stripes. I like him, but he reminds me of a strawberry sundae. I personally love Steamer.

Quarterback, handsome as he is, could have been any number of colors.

Chief should have been a Police Pony, or had red and yellow in his mane, or red and blue. His colors and name scream Cop.

When it comes to Baby Bros, there's a lot of blue and pink too.

I 'm not crazy about blue Starhopper. That shade of yellow, just doesn't go with such a gorgeous shade of teal.
Agree with you on Starhopper. Her mane's (really cheesy, overly bright) yellow just completely clashes with her soft, calming teal body tone.

Now I'd really love to see someone do a white and red Slugger...

Personally, I'd love to see a green Quarterback with a white and red mane (since his symbol is a football, it's only natural to make his body colour emulate grass or astroturf), and because the combination would be a unique one, unlike Quarterback's ACTUAL colours (although he's a real nice guy).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2016, 08:28:45 AM »
Quarterback would look so cool like that! :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2016, 09:07:52 AM »
Tex, he's one of the few Big Bros I don't like. His color scheme is pleasant, but I'm not into cowboy themed stuff.

I also dislike Tux n Tails, I think he's kinda boring.

Baby Whirly-twirl. His helicopter symbol is cool, but Another pink boy? C'mon!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:10:38 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2016, 10:28:20 AM »

Agree with you on Starhopper. Her mane's (really cheesy, overly bright) yellow just completely clashes with her soft, calming teal body tone.

I'm in the same camp about Starhopper.  She's so much better like this:

(Sorry. Couldn't resist showing her off again.   :blush: :P )

Seriously, though, I really had mixed feelings when I got her (and not just because she was in rough shape).  Sparkles are great!!  But I just couldn't like that yellow hair...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:31:28 AM by NigheanRuadh »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2016, 10:40:01 AM »

Seriously, though, I really had mixed feelings when I got her (and not just because she was in rough shape).  Sparkles are great!!  But I just couldn't like that yellow hair...

Yeees! I need a Starhopper like yours! :dribble:

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2016, 10:14:15 PM »

Starhopper looks great! Her mane colour not only fits her body colour now, it also matches her symbol as well.

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2016, 12:35:09 PM »
I didn't even know there was a starhopper with a yellow mane and tail initially, I always had the red version, a childhood favorite actually...the other version just looks...Bleh, glad Hasbro fixed that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal