collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you should like, but . . .  (Read 5961 times)

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you should like, but . . .
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 08:12:36 PM »
Holly Dash. She's one of the most expensive and sought after g4s in my collection, and I wanted her for ages before getting her, but she just... doesn't do much for me. Idk.

G4 Holly Dash is pretty ugly. I can't see spending the money on her even though it will leave a gap on my collection.

I'm sure I have ponies for this topic but its too late to think right now lol

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 08:46:35 PM »
Rockin Beats, Tropicals (colors), Perfume Puffs (hair), the talking ones, beddy bye babies and those eyelash princesses (they freak me out! :lol:)

I used to not care for Munchy.. I used to not care for Mimic either.. But... I have turned over a new leaf! Lol.. So, be careful..the ponies you don't like now might end up pulling on your heart strings! And you will fall. . So hard.  :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »
Rockin Beats, Tropicals (colors), Perfume Puffs (hair), the talking ones, beddy bye babies and those eyelash princesses (they freak me out! :lol:)

I used to not care for Munchy.. I used to not care for Mimic either.. But... I have turned over a new leaf! Lol.. So, be careful..the ponies you don't like now might end up pulling on your heart strings! And you will fall. . So hard.  :silly:

Yeah, Curlylocks and Hula Hula changed my mind, glad I have em both in my collection now.

Post Merge: April 14, 2016, 07:27:31 AM

Holly Dash. She's one of the most expensive and sought after g4s in my collection, and I wanted her for ages before getting her, but she just... doesn't do much for me. Idk.

G4 Holly Dash is pretty ugly. I can't see spending the money on her even though it will leave a gap on my collection.

I'm sure I have ponies for this topic but its too late to think right now lol

I swear Holly Dash would be better suited to a G3 then a G4. Perhaps because she is somewhat reminiscent of Port a bella.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:27:31 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Yukiru

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 10:34:53 AM »
Mine would have to be G3 Sunny Daze, I love all the individual components about her, but for some reason I just can't like her, which I think is hilarious since I love G2 Light Heart and Sunny Daze is practically a carbon copy of her.  :lol:

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 10:54:19 AM »
For g1s....I can't say there are any I don't like......but TAKARA Ponies.....I really really dislike them....even though I collect Nirvana...I will never buy them....they do not remind me of my little pony at all....reminds me of teddy bears and I do not like teddy bears....lol

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 03:11:23 PM »
For g1s....I can't say there are any I don't like......but TAKARA Ponies.....I really really dislike them....even though I collect Nirvana...I will never buy them....they do not remind me of my little pony at all....reminds me of teddy bears and I do not like teddy bears....lol

Yeah I don't see any appeal to Takaras at all.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 04:11:39 PM »
Does anyone else have ponies you feel like you SHOULD like, but you just don't?

For me it's Princess Sparkle.  Lavender and turquoise?  I like those colors.  I like her dramatic pose.  I like her bejeweled symbol and sparkly hair.

But for some reason I just don't like Princess Sparkle.

Funny you should say this, because as a child I really disliked Amethyst. I should have loved her - she was a unicorn, she's really pretty as a pony (in my opinion), and she's also my birthstone name pony. But I really actively disliked her...because of how she was presented in the comic and how she always accidentally created a ton of trouble by being over-helpful. I guess I saw her as an interfering nusiance, and so I disliked her. (Although I admit, I now like her much more than I did then).

Otherwise, I still have some internal rejection issues relating to Songster and Player, because Hasbro promised pegasus ponies, and didn't deliver. (I am not sure if that counts though?)

I should add Takara, actually. I should like them, as I speak Japanese and study Japan. The insert was first on my old website, years and years back, and I knew about them for a LONG time before they were even up online, but I never even went looking EVEN THOUGH I could've probably got a bunch of them back then when I was buying other stuff from Japanese auction sites.

I don't like them at all, though. The outfits are cute, I quite like them,  and I do have one, but I don't like the ponies. They don't look like ponies to me. If I found one, I would keep it, probably - but I wouldn't buy one.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 04:40:52 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 05:03:10 PM »
Hmm...there are so many ponies that fit this description for me! But in the end, I've found out that the ones I thought I'd like the least turn out to be the ones I like the most. At least, that's how it seems once I have them in hand.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2016, 10:43:16 PM »
Blind bags for me too! I love small things, but not really those.

For g1 ponies it's the magic message set. Great color schemes! But cannot get past those gimmicky icky symbols. I have them all, and I do love magic hat, mirror mirror, windy and cloud dreamers colors but man those filmy gunky symbols drive me crazy!!!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 02:08:56 AM »
A lot of ponies I wasn't keen on have grown on me.  I never wanted and of the SHS pose ponies as a kid, but I have a few as an adult collector.

Mimic's another one.  I actually bought one last year as she was a good price, but I did so with half a mind to trade her for something I might want more, like Nightlight or someone!

I'm also not super keen on wingers, Flower Bouquet from the merry go round set, or the UK Princess Sparkle (the REALLY sparkly one, covered in glitter and with a light-up fiber-optic tiara).

I'd also never collect the Princess BnG set, and not super keen on Baby Princess Sparkle.  Too over-the-top girly for my taste!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 03:53:54 AM »
 G2 ponies have great colors but I HATE their bodies. YUCK

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2016, 06:59:56 AM »
G2 ponies have great colors but I HATE their bodies. YUCK

:lol:

That's about how I felt when they first came out.

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2016, 11:01:40 AM »
I'm a sucker for all things Unicorn, but I cannot make myself like G1 Powder...

I obviously want her to have all the unicorns, but I don't care for her color palette and symbol. The snowflakes look like jacks and I don't care for purple/white/pink

I need to get her at some point but I'm not sure when..
My Tumblr

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 04:21:53 AM »
G1 princesses. Those big jewel symbols just look so odd and cheap to me.

I'm currently on the fence about SHS ponies. Going to take a long look at some in person at the Fair this year and see if my feelings toward them have changed.

Elf

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 10:42:30 AM »
Mimic. It seems like everyone is crazy for Mimic, and while I love the TE ponies, she is one I just don't like.

Me too! There's nothing wrong with her and I would certainly snag her if I found one in the wild for cheap, but her color scheme has always seemed really clashy to me, so she's not a priority. I like green ponies in general though, but I've never quite understood why everyone goes nuts over this particular one. Since she's so pricey I'm kind of relieved that that's how I feel!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal