collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minnesota ~Spring Flowers~ Pony Party! Sat May 7th *Updated details main post  (Read 7905 times)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Minnesota ~Spring Flowers~ Pony Party

:sunflora:

Wouldn’t it be nice to get together with your pony friends for an afternoon? Let’s do! Please join us for a little party to celebrate sunshine, spring blossoms and special friends!  The pony fair and big summer meet are still months away, so let’s get together! ;) :rainbow: Don’t overthink it- just come on by! :rainbow:

What: ~Spring Flowers~ Pony Party
When: Saturday May 7th (the day before Mother’s Day)
Time: 1-4ish
Where: ponyqueen’s house in the Twin Cities
Host pony: Posey!

EVENT SCHEDULE
1-2 Arrival, set up, buy/sell/trade
2-3 Socializing buy/sell/trade, show and tell
3-4 Group photo, cake, trivia and dice game (buy/sell/trade)
4- Art/craft contest prize, raffle winner, door prizes
WHAT TO BRING :flow:
 :rainbow: 2-3 Wrapped gifts for dice game (Pony or candy- something you would want! Value ~$1-3 each item)
 :rainbow: Entry for Art/Craft contest featuring host pony, Posey! (Not mandatory. Prize will be awarded if more than 3 entries)
 :rainbow: Items to sell/trade
 :rainbow: Monies!

Raffle pony is Italian Posey!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Count me in!  :biggrin:
ponyqueen + pq's husband
Aurora + 2 yr old; + John & kinid; + Annie
Aquatic Neon
scarlettkitty81
SaraMari
Nimordel +1 (about an hour in)
Sapphire Rain +1

Gonna try!!  ^.^
Delphian
wizzer218
mnGusty and family

Probably not :(
Silver Glade
nessa16
bubbles
BethyVic

Euro pony requests:
Spoiler
Holly Dash x3 Aurora, Aquatic Neon, nessa16 (Check one- only got Aurora's)
Ploomette x1 Aurora (Check)
Pursey Pink x1 nessa16 (Kinda check)
Coloratura x1 Me! (check)
Italians and Dutchies x scarlettkitty81 (Check! I don't remember which Italians, but I got several! And one Dutch!)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:31:41 PM by ponyqueen »

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: Minnesota ~Spring Flowers~ Pony Party! Sat May 7th
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 08:44:00 AM »
Awe, I work that weekend too!  But if you're able, I would love to see if you could find me a Holly Dash on your trip :bateyes:. If not, that's cool too! Have fun! Wish I could come.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 09:31:39 AM »
Awe, I work that weekend too!  But if you're able, I would love to see if you could find me a Holly Dash on your trip :bateyes:. If not, that's cool too! Have fun! Wish I could come.

Not sure she's still in stores over there, and the peeps I know selling them MOC are looking for ~$18 for her. Is this in your budget?

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 09:40:33 AM »
I love that you have "connections." I'm also really excited that you are going to an international pony meet- is that the whole reason for your trip? Or were you going to be there anyway, and there also happens to be a meet?

I will put it on the calendar, and as far as I know there isn't anything planned for that day. I like when there are meets connected to the holidays that my hubby is supposed to get me gifts for (you know what I mean) because he just hands me cash for the meet!

Posey just doesn't get enough love in my herd, so it will be nice to see her in the spotlight for once! I've started making this different sort of craft thing, so I've already got a craft in mind for this meet. Actually, I've already got half of Posey made, I was making Fluttershy and forgot the wings at a critical moment...
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 10:22:44 AM »
Last year my husband and I went over for the tulips, and by luck the Dutch collectors were having their meet during our travel window- so we booked it back from Germany on the night train to rendevous with Moonbreeze and carpool up to the meet!

This year- I am going over for the express purpose of pony hunting and pony meet! Aaaaand husband is staying home with the pets.  ^.^

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 12:28:50 PM »
Last year my husband and I went over for the tulips, and by luck the Dutch collectors were having their meet during our travel window- so we booked it back from Germany on the night train to rendevous with Moonbreeze and carpool up to the meet!

This year- I am going over for the express purpose of pony hunting and pony meet! Aaaaand husband is staying home with the pets.  ^.^

In my next life, I'm going to be you.

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 12:33:41 PM »
Lol! You might be me now! You love ponies and are a super nice person! Do you also like to each chocolate for breakfast??

Looking forward to seeing you in May!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 12:35:48 PM »
Lol! You might be me now! You love ponies and are a super nice person! Do you also like to each chocolate for breakfast??

I'm a wee bit ashamed--- I had French Silk Pie for breakfast this morning. Look at that- we're practically twins! Hahahahaha!

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 12:36:45 PM »

I'm a wee bit ashamed--- I had French Silk Pie for breakfast this morning. Look at that- we're practically twins! Hahahahaha!

Aha! I knew it!  :biggrin:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 12:33:42 PM »
For the dice game, do we have a theme, or is it a free-for-all?

I'm a little torn with the prizes for the mini-meets, because I sort of want to keep the "good" prizes for the big meet, but I also like the chance to use the good prizes at the smaller meets, so people have a better chance of getting them.

I hope this is the hardest problem I have today. That would be nice!

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 01:44:58 PM »

I'm a little torn with the prizes for the mini-meets, because I sort of want to keep the "good" prizes for the big meet, but I also like the chance to use the good prizes at the smaller meets, so people have a better chance of getting them.

What do you think? Theme? How did people like the G1-themed game? I just wanted all folks to get a good chance at non-g4 merch. If not G1 theme or all gen mlp theme, do you have a suggestion? I've heard other people doing just food/candy dice games, but I've also played one such game... there was a LOT of cheap/generic food... (afterall, what can you get for ~$2? Not natural/organic snacks...)

Well anyhow, we could still incorporate food treats into whatever game we play. I think I had some Valentine candy in the prize basket at least. Chocolate was selected over various g4 merch by many...

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 02:15:26 PM »

What do you think? Theme? How did people like the G1-themed game? I just wanted all folks to get a good chance at non-g4 merch. If not G1 theme or all gen mlp theme, do you have a suggestion? I've heard other people doing just food/candy dice games, but I've also played one such game... there was a LOT of cheap/generic food... (afterall, what can you get for ~$2? Not natural/organic snacks...)

Well anyhow, we could still incorporate food treats into whatever game we play. I think I had some Valentine candy in the prize basket at least. Chocolate was selected over various g4 merch by many...

It might be fun to have everyone who wants to play bring three prizes, maybe one is food prize, one is a pony prize, and the other is a Spring prize? That way there's a decent selection in every category (and I try to bring more than three prizes, even if they aren't all really awesome).
Or this could be a home-spun prize pack- is a month enough time to make at least one home-made prize? It could be art or candy or a queen-sized quilt...

I'm all for a g1-theme, but I used up my good stuff last time. I also got some really great stuff, so I can't complain! I'll find more if that's what we decide to do, no worries.

Anyone else have thoughts? I really like the dice game, it's simple but flurried and fun for everyone. It's a good game to always play- different every time, and it doesn't matter how big your collection is or how talented you are. Ah, Luck. You are a fun one.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 05:46:39 PM »
Aw, Sunflora's just as happy as I am!
I'll definitely try for this one.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Delphian

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 09:25:25 AM »
I probably won't know if I can go until the week before the meet unfortunately. :( Hope that's ok!

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 02:39:02 PM »
Aw, Sunflora's just as happy as I am!
I'll definitely try for this one.
I probably won't know if I can go until the week before the meet unfortunately. :( Hope that's ok!

No worries guys- you know this little throw-together is casual.  ^.^ We'll be pleased as punch if you can make it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal