collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lets Discuss Megan and Sundance!  (Read 8855 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: Lets Discuss Megan and Sundance!
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2016, 05:23:59 PM »
What a fun thread! Also, I am curious about the big eyes and small eyes Megans. I love the big eyes one so much more. Are both versions equally easy to track down or is one rarer than the other?

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2016, 05:31:30 AM »
What a fun thread! Also, I am curious about the big eyes and small eyes Megans. I love the big eyes one so much more. Are both versions equally easy to track down or is one rarer than the other?

Do you mean regular & so-soft release Megan (who has large, almond-shaped eyes) vs. sunshine/twice as fancy release Megan (who has smaller rounder eyes)?   Neither are all that hard to find, but there seems to be more of the regular Megans out there due to more releases over a longer period of time.   If you want her complete with shoes, however, then you might have to look harder.   

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »
LadyMoondancer: feel free to my picture on your blog if you put proper credit with it when you post it:)

Thanks so much!  I'll give you credit and link to this thread.  (LMK if you have something else you'd rather link to, like a blog or directly to your profile or something.)

I'll also link to your site, Taffeta. ;)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2016, 02:06:05 PM »
LadyMoondancer: feel free to my picture on your blog if you put proper credit with it when you post it:)

Thanks so much!  I'll give you credit and link to this thread.  (LMK if you have something else you'd rather link to, like a blog or directly to your profile or something.)

I'll also link to your site, Taffeta. ;)

I'd appreciate that - I appreciate anyone going to the trouble, but the picture is goddessofpeep's so the credit is hers. It would be awesome if you want to link to the UK info stuffs though. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2016, 05:23:26 PM »

Do you mean regular & so-soft release Megan (who has large, almond-shaped eyes) vs. sunshine/twice as fancy release Megan (who has smaller rounder eyes)?   Neither are all that hard to find, but there seems to be more of the regular Megans out there due to more releases over a longer period of time.   If you want her complete with shoes, however, then you might have to look harder.

That's interesting to hear. Usually the pictures I've seen people post outside of this thread are the small eyes Megans. I don't recall even seeing the big eyes one before. I'll have to see if I can track her down sometime. I probably won't be too bothered about the shoes. Thanks!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2016, 03:20:38 PM »
Randomly returning to this - thanks to a completely different discussion, I got to watching German MLP ads on Youtube. I noticed at the end of the Megan and Sundance advert, at the end of this clip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMjnXCXO444

Megan and Sundance are wearing the "UK" Megan and Sundance wrap outfit. I know in Scandinavia the outfit for Megan was the same as in the North American release...does anyone from Germany know what was sold there?

(I am working on the assumption, based on what I think I know about German releases, that while some of the ponies in the ad may not have been sold in Germany, the ones on the final screen of the ad generally were...)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2016, 05:34:22 PM »
In the Inventory guide put out by Summer Hayes, her lists of items included with the SS version are lavender shoes, the purple bird brush,and purple standard comb.  I bought a pair of lavender color shoes because of this accessory list in a lot spending more than I really wanted to.   :huh:

Do you have an extra pair of pink shoes?  :biggrin:

Problem solved.  Just bought another Megan for the pink shoes on her feet. Granted one of them will always have the wrong color shoes, at least the other will have the correct ones  ^.^
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2016, 05:37:51 AM »
I've learned so much in this thread!  I just love backcards, especially seeing UK ones totally new to me!  Taffeta and goddess, you are the coolest :)

And Ember..... so much awesome in one photo!!!  :enthralled:

What a cute thread. I love all the photos.. Sundance is one of my favorites too.. Here is the proto cp sundance with megan and proto painting time :)
And sundance was bought on german eBay :) So who knows where she originated from but she does have many characteristics in common with painting time and other prototypes. There is a catalogue photo floating around somewhere of a cp sundance and megan apparently. I have been unable to track it down but I have heard it exists. Perhaps she is the prototype from that catalogue photo.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2016, 06:22:16 PM »
Originally, I always thought Sundance was pretty boring but as this thread exhibits, her and Megan are actually pretty awesome! I love their pony wear sets and merch with them on it. Here is part of my mini Megan and Sundance army:

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal