collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New MLP lines 2016 (Yay stock pics!)  (Read 41300 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2016 is coming!
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2016, 09:08:58 AM »

I'm happy that we have another G3 character as a FS but I'm confused as to why that character?  Why not Minty, or Wysteria or any of the more commonly known or popular G3?

About Sapphire Shores?, well she appears at the FIM show and is an important character in a couple of episodes but she only shares the name wit the G3 pony as the G3 is pink wit light blue and white hair and a seashell symbol wit a 3d jewel, the g4 is yellow wit two tone blue colors in the hair and the cutie mark is just a single jewel

No, I meant Royal Ribbon.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2016, 09:29:13 AM »
Well, we don't know if she will have the same symbol as in G3 . . . but when they do choose G3 designs, I think it's because something about the name or design just appeals to them.  Like Blossomforth never stood out from the crowd in G3, but they made a brushable of her anyway.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2016, 11:15:32 AM »
Again, it's this pony:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She's already been referred to as Royal Ribbon in the Gameloft game.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2016, 12:17:18 PM »
And yet she has never been given a cutie mark so chances are that she will get the G3 one.  Chances also are that she was given that name in game loft because of her resemblance to the G3 pony. 

Hasbro did release Daisy Dreams last year so it's not unprecedented that the choice may not have to do with the show.  After all, there are lots and lots of better known background characters they could have chosen.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2016, 02:03:31 PM »
wow!!! totally in love with some of these new items!!
though i think the only brushable style pony i'll probably get will be twilight.
otherwise i'm loving the eqg, the eqg minis FLASH and Sunset!!!!, the blindbags and i love the articulated ponies. the non-brushable ones are so sweet!! though i'll probably get a few more brushables too, if i can figure out how to customize them....

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2016, 02:19:49 PM »
Yay pearly ponies!!! I will defiantly be getting those. Love me some shiny ponies. And a sea spray? Sorry I don't remember her name. But I've been wanting a brushable of the purple pony with two dolphin symbols for FOREVER.

And the guardians celestia and nightmare moon look awesome!!! I will most likely buy them too :)

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2016, 02:41:46 PM »

I'm happy that we have another G3 character as a FS but I'm confused as to why that character?  Why not Minty, or Wysteria or any of the more commonly known or popular G3?

About Sapphire Shores?, well she appears at the FIM show and is an important character in a couple of episodes but she only shares the name wit the G3 pony as the G3 is pink wit light blue and white hair and a seashell symbol wit a 3d jewel, the g4 is yellow wit two tone blue colors in the hair and the cutie mark is just a single jewel

No, I meant Royal Ribbon.
Ah! I see, maybe Hasbro chose her because she's another pink unicorn? lol, most of the G4 non-mane 6 unicorns are pink  -_-

I really want to see the two spa ponies made as fashion size, it is very odd that we don't have them yet mostly when they DO have pink  :cry:

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2016, 09:20:15 PM »
Wow, to me this is overall the most impressive Toy Fair preview we've had in years (which isn't saying too much, lol, but that's fine.)

I'm really glad to see Photo Finish being released with ACTUAL eyes. I'd prefer her in the smaller size but I'll take what I can get. The other Fashion Styles look nice too.

I also like the pearly ponies - not SUPER impressed with the character choices as none of the color schemes jump out at me (okay, the all blue one is actually quite pretty), but they're nice enough and I'd like to get all of the non-main 6 ones eventually. With how pearly and shiny they are, they almost look to be made of hard plastic to me. That would be weird. Hopefully I'm just crazy though!

A lot of the blind bag size figures are pretty nice, though I don't actively collect them. Some are downright confusing though - what is the deal with Sprinkle Medley? I saw that she's apparently based off a random scene from a FIM episode. That's just weird. I really wish Hasbro would put even half the effort into the brushable line that they put into these (same with the new Guardians figures).
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2016, 10:14:13 AM »
-claps!- This is so awesome!

1.) I don't collect EG dolls, but that Flash Sentry fig is the cutest. I love his eyes and hair.

2.) Coloratura looks weird to me... She's supposed to be white, isn't she? Is it just the lighting, or did they use a pale blue pearl finish for her instead of white? (Same question for the giant Newborn Flurry Heart, isn't she white in other shots? Is it just the lighting that makes her look pink, or is the actual doll different from the advertising we've seen so far?)

3.) I'll still be passing on the articulated brushables and Guardians of Harmony figures. Joints on ponies just seem weird to me...

4.) Sapphire Shores! Yellow pony! Yay! I don't buy FS size, but I look forward to seeing her in stores. :)

5.) ....The princesses with the cutie marks that are obviously buttons...do you push them and they light up? Did Hasbro steal the idea from the Brazilian McDonalds toys from five years ago? lol

6.) I'm REALLY confused about that Medley mini fig... I mean, I can tell they were using a screenshot, but did the people designing the mold ONLY have that screenshot to go by? Did they not know Medley is a pegasus in every single other frame of every ep of the entire show? o.0 Such a weird mistake to make! Like, is the screenshot going to be ON the packaging and they were like "Well we have to have the toy match the package!" .....weird....

7.) A Pip figure! Yay!

8.) Opal with the Rarity EG vinyl!? Owliscious with Twilight's library!? Tank with articulated RD! .....I really wish Hasbro would release all the pets in one big thing so I don't have to buy all these other sets I don't want. XD;
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2016, 10:29:11 AM »

2.) Coloratura looks weird to me... She's supposed to be white, isn't she? Is it just the lighting, or did they use a pale blue pearl finish for her instead of white? (Same question for the giant Newborn Flurry Heart, isn't she white in other shots? Is it just the lighting that makes her look pink, or is the actual doll different from the advertising we've seen so far?)

Coloratura is blue on the show. I think Flurry is getting the Celestia treatment - since hasbro thinks little girls are incapable of buying anything that isn't pink, they changed her color from white :\
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2016, 10:38:15 AM »
Here she's more white

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2016, 10:52:06 AM »

Coloratura is blue on the show. I think Flurry is getting the Celestia treatment - since hasbro thinks little girls are incapable of buying anything that isn't pink, they changed her color from white :\
I thought she was a very pale pink in the teaser trailers, though not as pink as the promotional ads here.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2016, 11:06:19 AM »
I cannot wait for the pearlised ponies to come out. They look gorgeous in the photos, definitely my kind of thing. I've been really disappointed with the brushables recently, so glad that something interesting is coming out.

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2016, 11:22:20 AM »
Wow, toy fair had so much fun stuff this year compared to the last few! There's too much to be able comment on everything. My favourite reveal is probably pretzel, she just makes me smile. The pearly ponies in general are nice. I like the new FS ponies as well.

I wonder if the new articulated ponies will have the bad hair this time around, I hope not. Twilight in the ice skates is really cute.

I don't collect blind bags at all, but I'm so happy they went with Twilight's library as a playset instead of her castle. All the costumed characters look great too, especially Spike.  :lol: It's nice Hasbro is putting more effort into their repeat characters this time.

The Guardians of Harmony toys look so much better than those promotional pictures too, the neks don't look weird. The Celestia and Nightmare Moon figures are so much better than anything put out by Funko or WLF (in my opinion).

Overall, I'm impressed. If this was what Hasbro had been putting out years ago, I don't think I would have stopped collecting G4.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2016, 11:31:33 AM »
I heard Fall mentioned for the Guardians of H. 
Did anyone hear dates/seasons for the pearly ponies?  Is Easter too optimisitc?  or are we talking Christmas 2016?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal