collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New MLP lines 2016 (Yay stock pics!)  (Read 41296 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2016 is coming!
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2016, 01:44:20 PM »
I love the Fashion Style ponies!!!!  And the pearlized ponies of course. And it looks like the water cuties are going to see another wave maybe which is great since there weren't too many around here and I'm still missing a few :D

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2016, 02:00:22 PM »
I love the Fashion Style ponies!!!!  And the pearlized ponies of course. And it looks like the water cuties are going to see another wave maybe which is great since there weren't too many around here and I'm still missing a few :D

Where do you see more Water Cuties?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2016, 05:32:34 PM »
The princesses are not water cuties, they are called Sparkle Brights and they use a similar mold to the Water Cuties
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2016, 06:30:24 PM »
I see a lot of good ponies in those pictures! :) I might have to break down and buy a few of them!

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2016, 07:15:08 PM »
Excited about the pearly ponies.  They're so beautiful!  Hoping they don't go the way of the pearly unicorn fillies.  I will definitely be getting the new characters out of that set.

The new fashion styles are nice but I've run out of room for those.  I wish we'd get a regular brushable of Sapphire Shores.

Kind of over the minis at this point, which is a shame since the Nightmare Night theme is pretty sweet.  I might get Luna's chariot, at least.

I'm very excited about Guardians of Harmony too, mostly for Chrysalis but I can't wait to see what else they're going to come up with for this line.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2016, 07:24:15 PM »
In my opinion...

Scores:
Guardians of Harmony
Spoiler
Fantastic surprise great fresh new line, with a stunning look, very excited for these.
Pearlescent Brushables
Spoiler
Several new characters and they looks so stunning and unique, a definite pick up for me.
Nightmare Night Collection
Spoiler
The Golden Oak Library, an accurate Princess Luna, and several more goodies, I am very excited for these!
Fashion Styles
Spoiler
Several new stunning characters to the line, Sapphire Shores and Photo Finish look amazing especially with their accessories.
G1 Vinyls
Spoiler
These are really growing on me fast the company that makes them sound super cool too and really want to give collectors G1s! Sounds like many more to come too, excited to see where these go.

Not Bad:
Equestria Girls Chibis
Spoiler
I personally don't collect these, but I think it's neat for those who do that they showed Flash, DJ, and Sunset Shimmer, I think the overkill of mane 6 is a bit much, and the lack of Sirens made this into the not bad section.
Crystal Empire Playset
Spoiler
This playset looks really good actually, I love the fact its not all pink, my issue is that Princess Cadance is a plain old boring version and not a Crystal Pearly version, to make this set better they should have included Shining Armor and Cadance both in Pearly form.

Fails:
Magic Scenes
Spoiler
Sorry, but everything about these to me is unimpressive mainly due to them looking gawdy and being all mane 6 an easy pass for me.
Playskool Plush
Spoiler
Not cute at all in my opinion and all mane 6 bore fest
Playskool
Spoiler
I actually really like these guys and the reason they made it into fails is because the lack of new characters I know Lemon Drop is coming, but the fact they started decently strong with other characters it seems they are slipping back into the mane 6 boring..
Equestria Girls Everfree
Spoiler
These failed for me not because I'm not a EQG fan, but because they are boring new versions of the mane 6 mainly, nothing exciting or better than the other figures, and the fact there is hardly any new characters.
Shine Bright Brushables
Spoiler
I love the princesses but these look like cheap knockoffs of the snowglobe ponies, ugly and uninteresting.
Articulated Brushable Ponies
Spoiler
Fail due to the fact they are mostly mane 6 and the new ponies are re-releases nothing new to see here.
Action Friends Articulated Fashion Styles
Spoiler
These are the worst thing I have seen this year, the seem lines look awful, akward bended legs no thanks! MAJOR PASS! Oh and mane 6.. no thanks.
Design a Pony Rainbow Dash
Spoiler
Lame. next.
Large Baby Flurry Heart
Spoiler
These always creep me out, maybe some kids might enjoy it, I just put this year due to the fact I don't like it..
New Folding Playsets
Spoiler
More mane six really, the Rainbow Dash helmet is cool but EASY pass!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2016, 08:48:42 PM »
Spoiler
These are the worst thing I have seen this year, the seem lines look awful, akward bended legs no thanks! MAJOR PASS! Oh and mane 6.. no thanks.
Yay some one agrees with me on this! Those backward bend legs are awkward!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:03:05 PM by sd_dreamcrystal »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2016, 09:09:48 PM »
Spoiler
[/spoiler]
Yay some one agrees with me on this! Those backward bend legs are awkward!

Oh, I totally agree too.  We have a bunch of designers who aren't bothering to consider horse anatomy.  But then, the show is influencing everything now and the show animators take a lot of liberties with horse anatomy in order to further humanize the characters.    And it results in toys with broken legs.  I always cringe a little at all the blind bag ponies with legs that bend the wrong way.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2016, 07:50:14 PM »
In my opinion...
Spoiler
Scores:
Guardians of Harmony
Spoiler
Fantastic surprise great fresh new line, with a stunning look, very excited for these.
Pearlescent Brushables
Spoiler
Several new characters and they looks so stunning and unique, a definite pick up for me.
Spoiler
The Golden Oak Library, an accurate Princess Luna, and several more goodies, I am very excited for these!
Fashion Styles
Spoiler
Several new stunning characters to the line, Sapphire Shores and Photo Finish look amazing especially with their accessories.
G1 Vinyls
Spoiler
These are really growing on me fast the company that makes them sound super cool too and really want to give collectors G1s! Sounds like many more to come too, excited to see where these go.

Not Bad:
Equestria Girls Chibis
Spoiler
I personally don't collect these, but I think it's neat for those who do that they showed Flash, DJ, and Sunset Shimmer, I think the overkill of mane 6 is a bit much, and the lack of Sirens made this into the not bad section.
Crystal Empire Playset
Spoiler
This playset looks really good actually, I love the fact its not all pink, my issue is that Princess Cadance is a plain old boring version and not a Crystal Pearly version, to make this set better they should have included Shining Armor and Cadance both in Pearly form.

Fails:
Magic Scenes
Spoiler
Sorry, but everything about these to me is unimpressive mainly due to them looking gawdy and being all mane 6 an easy pass for me.
Playskool Plush
Spoiler
Not cute at all in my opinion and all mane 6 bore fest
Playskool
Spoiler
I actually really like these guys and the reason they made it into fails is because the lack of new characters I know Lemon Drop is coming, but the fact they started decently strong with other characters it seems they are slipping back into the mane 6 boring..
Equestria Girls Everfree
Spoiler
These failed for me not because I'm not a EQG fan, but because they are boring new versions of the mane 6 mainly, nothing exciting or better than the other figures, and the fact there is hardly any new characters.
Shine Bright Brushables
Spoiler
I love the princesses but these look like cheap knockoffs of the snowglobe ponies, ugly and uninteresting.
Spoiler
Fail due to the fact they are mostly mane 6 and the new ponies are re-releases nothing new to see here.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Lame. next.
Large Baby Flurry Heart
Spoiler
These always creep me out, maybe some kids might enjoy it, I just put this year due to the fact I don't like it..
New Folding Playsets
Spoiler
More mane six really, the Rainbow Dash helmet is cool but EASY pass!

i agree with some of these.
my 2 cents below

Spoiler
want!:
Guardians of Harmony
Spoiler
i'm a huge fan of sculpted hair, and so far i think these look awesome, and i'm curious about customablity..
Equestria Girls Chibis
Spoiler
sunset shimmer and flash sentry!!!! i would probably buy each of the mane six variants too if i had the money and space. i'm curious to see if they will make some from the second and third movie as all these outfits are clearly from the first film.
Spoiler
already have a few of these!! they are fun and i'm excited to try customizing the extra i've gotten
Spoiler
the backwards legs don't bother me. i'm curious to see them in person and see which and how many i'll get.

will buy on sale:
Spoiler
there's a few i want, just as iconic moments that i think are fun.
Equestria Girls Everfree
Spoiler
i want to see these in person or at least better pictures before i decide on them. i do love the dolls, so i'm curious what's going on with them and it there is a movie or special associated with it.

can skip, unless given to me.
:

Pearlescent Brushables
Spoiler
i guess i really only buy brushables if it's a character i like from the show, or mane 6 from an episode i like, or for customizing... otherwise... pass, but my niece might like them.
Fashion Styles
Spoiler
new body colors are good for customs, but i don't want to have to rehair one of these unless it's a commission.  :blink:
G1 Vinyls
Spoiler
yeah. don't like these. i'm an old school collector, but i don't like the adult ponies much anymore.
Crystal Empire Playset
Spoiler
don't like playsets or bulky displays, so a pass for me
Magic Scenes
Spoiler
can't find pictures of these, so no idea
Playskool Plush
Spoiler
if they had a twilight and flash sentry set. yes i would buy it. otherwise, yeah i'm ok
Playskool
Spoiler
not my thing.
Shine Bright Brushables
Spoiler
difficult to customize....
Spoiler
not my thing
Large Baby Flurry Heart
Spoiler
i don't do pony plushes unless i've made them myself or had them made.
New Folding Playsets
Spoiler
my niece would like them, but i'm good.

my objectives/opinions usually differ than most pony fans, but the good news is, less competition from me. i just really don't like brushables like more people do, but the articulated ones keep sneaking into my home.

i also hope i can get the other squishy pop figures that they had in a past picture, and sunset shimmer pop figure. (not the funko one)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:52:06 PM by rosierjay »

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2016, 03:30:24 AM »
Can anyone compare the mould of Sparkle Brights cadance to the what was it, "Rainbow shimmer"(?) snowglobe? They look they same, yes!? Because I missed out on Cadance and Twilight snowlobe ponies and im so happy to see this little set of light up ponies has a cadance that looks similar! I love the Shining Armor one!

I love/dislike the action friends fashion styles(?). They are cute, but possibly like $14 expensive and going to take more space but I do like them!

Those smaller articulated ponies,  I might get cherrilee and Rarity but thats it xD their bodies look like hot dogs! Heehee! I only want one of each character with these.

I love those smaller pearly brushables, that pink one with the yellow hair (one of the fainting flower trio?) is absolutely adorable and im excited for Prezel and Sea Swirl!

I want the Starlight Glimmer, PhotoFinish, and Sapphire Shores brushables- ohhh myyyyy!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:34:59 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2016, 03:55:32 AM »
Can anyone compare the mould of Sparkle Brights cadance to the what was it, "Rainbow shimmer"(?) snowglobe? They look they same, yes!? Because I missed out on Cadance and Twilight snowlobe ponies and im so happy to see this little set of light up ponies has a cadance that looks similar! I love the Shining Armor one!

I love/dislike the action friends fashion styles(?). They are cute, but possibly like $14 expensive and going to take more space but I do like them!

Those smaller articulated ponies,  I might get cherrilee and Rarity but thats it xD their bodies look like hot dogs! Heehee! I only want one of each character with these.

I love those smaller pearly brushables, that pink one with the yellow hair (one of the fainting flower trio?) is absolutely adorable and im excited for Prezel and Sea Swirl!

I want the Starlight Glimmer, PhotoFinish, and Sapphire Shores brushables- ohhh myyyyy!

The Shining Armor one is actually Princess Celestia. :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2016, 10:24:01 AM »
The princesses are not water cuties, they are called Sparkle Brights and they use a similar mold to the Water Cuties

Oh yeah, I thought those were water cuties.  Hmm, not sure I am interested in them if they just light up, (I don't loive how they don't have four seperate feet)  unless maybe I can just add water to them to make them snowglobes again  :D

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:25:52 AM by Galactica »

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2016, 10:24:31 AM »
Omg is it really?! :rofl: Lemme look at that picture again! xD Maybe it was the sleep aids.... XD

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2016, 04:58:49 PM »

Oh yeah, I thought those were water cuties.  Hmm, not sure I am interested in them if they just light up, (I don't loive how they don't have four seperate feet)  unless maybe I can just add water to them to make them snowglobes again  :D

That would be quite a task because it doesn't look like the heads can be removed and you would probably have to break the seam to get the electronics out

Offline U2QueenBee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2016, 09:20:01 AM »
Oooooh so much cool new stuff!! I must have Coloratura, Pinkie Pie and her party cannon from the GoH line, light-up Princess Luna and maybe Nightmare Moon!! I take it we don't have any notion of release dates, or when/if any of these will make it to the UK?

I've kind of got really behind on collecting with G4. There have been a few things I've wanted in the last year or two but I rarely seem to find them in shops somehow and I never know if I'm too early/late with buying online (plus shipping from overseas is so expensive now.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal