collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sailormoon Crystal 3rd season confirmed  (Read 4820 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Sailormoon Crystal 3rd season confirmed
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 11:44:21 PM »
I wish they'd make an announcement to when it's going to start! I know sailormoonnews said that toei Europe announced that it'll run on Japanese television first. Whether or not it'll be streamed simultaneously or after is still in the air! :(
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 12:05:33 AM »
http://www.toei-animation.com/en/content/Sailor_Moon_Crystal_season_3

Yeah, dosent say anywhere when. Im not sure about where it will be streamed, but I hope/and think it would be streamed along the the show, and not after. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 12:23:07 AM »
I use goodanime to watch all my new shows! They had the first two parts of Crystal, they should have the upcoming! Now, let us all join hands and pray for a weekly release schedule!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 01:16:43 AM »
I can't see any reason why Crunchyroll would not the show again for season 3. Didn't VIZ also simulcast it through Hulu? Considering the way Toei has been with Dragon Ball Super (no simulcast, no streaming whatsoever), I'd be really grateful that they're actually offering Sailor Moon Crystal simulcast and so easily! (Especially given how Sailor Moon was considered a lost cause for ever being rereleased in the US before Crystal)

Anyway, on the subject of Sailor Moon Crystal. I have a question for Sailor Moon fans. I watched almost 70 episodes of the original Sailor Moon from  about a year ago and on when they started streaming it on Hulu. I really did like a lot of things about it, but in the end I just wanted to watch the plot. The show grew tired to me with so much repetition and episodes that felt like nothing but filler. I'm wondering if Sailor Moon Crystal is the show for me? I see it's concise, but I've heard bad things about it. And I actually watched about eleven episodes of it concurrent with watching the original Sailor Moon, and was thrown off by all of the changes...

Is Sailor Moon Crystal actually more accurate to the manga, or is it just changing things left and right?

If Sailor Moon Crystal is not only more concise, but more accurate I'd love to get back into watching it! But I was turned off by all of the negativity, and the changes I saw.

|My Collection|

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 12:16:08 AM »
Sailor Moon old anime and Crystal are two totally different shows. 

They should not be compared.

Crystal is heavily based on the manga.
The old anime follows the manga too, but it had alot of extra, fillers etc.
Both animes can be compared to the manga, because they are based on it.

In the SM forum Im in, there are alot of people who love Crystal, like myself.
Not everyone will like it, but viseversa, not everyone likes the old anime. Thats okay.  I dont care if others dont like Crystal, old anime or even the manga. I like them all. :D

Have you read the manga? If not, maby you should start there, and if you like it, then move to the anime.

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 04:00:53 AM »
Crystal is a direct remake of the manga. Which I love, the manga was always my favorite telling.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 08:22:04 AM »
I LOVE Sailor Moon Crystal-  I actually loved the original Sailor Moon, after more than 200 episodes you get rather attached to the characters-

However, the Crystal series is so good I have had a hard time going back and watching the original anime. SO much drivel and filler! 

I can't WAIT for the next installment of Crystal :D

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 12:00:13 PM »
I heard on the 20th or 21st?

I have to see if I can find it again >>

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »
I love Crystal. I love the beautiful art, the dynamic movement of everything, and how everything seems a bit more grown up. Plus, it doesn't feel like a crime to see Mamoru and Usagi together... he's only a couple years older than her in this, instead of almost ten years older.... ^^;  I was always like "Oh yeah, he's like, 22, and she's 14..... OOPS." With him being 16, it's a MUCH better match... plus, the characters are a little more adult. Sure, Usagi is the Usagi we all know; she cries, she's bad in school... but when it comes down to what matters, she steps up MUCH sooner and isn't a total whiner for like, 50 episodes. She does what she has to as Sailor Moon, she accepts Chibi Usa sooner, is a bit braver, and the way she thinks about and cares for others seems more mature and well.. princess-y. I like it. I'm really eagerly awaiting a Princess Serenity transformation.... that super short one when she awakened was not enough to satisfy my need for frilly, flowy loveliness!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2015, 01:17:57 AM »
Plus, it doesn't feel like a crime to see Mamoru and Usagi together... he's only a couple years older than her in this, instead of almost ten years older.... ^^;  I was always like "Oh yeah, he's like, 22, and she's 14..... OOPS." With him being 16, it's a MUCH better match...
This!

I also do appreciate that Sailor Moon Crystal is faster in pace than the old Sailor Moon anime.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2015, 06:40:37 AM »
Oh!  I am so glad!

I know a lot of people complain about the quality of the animation, but it's never bothered me.  I am SO glad they're continuing the story!

:panda:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2015, 09:37:32 AM »
I see, maybe I'll give Crystal another shot. As I said, the reason I essentially dropped Sailor Moon was I got so tired of all of the 'filler', which I don't even know if it's filler! I loved the plot that the show had, but the regular episodes where they'd play around and fight a monster in the end just wore a bit on me.

I might have enjoyed the series more many years ago, when this type of anime humor was fresh to me, but nowadays I'm just like "Get on with the plot...  please?"

Oh!  I am so glad!

I know a lot of people complain about the quality of the animation, but it's never bothered me.  I am SO glad they're continuing the story!

Yeah... I've never understood complaints about animation. I suppose, I just don't have an eye for it. It's undeniable that the art gets a bit wonky at times. Lol. However, I never noticed that in the episodes I watched.

I get so into it for the story, characters, etc. that honestly watching whether animation is fluid or not, whether the characters are exactly in model, just doesn't come to mind much.

|My Collection|

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2015, 09:52:03 AM »
Oh!  I am so glad!

There were issues with the animation, sure, but people were getting incredibly nitpicky about it and all I could do was think "Meh, you do it better then." Those complaints just got soooo annoying and overshadowed the fact that the story/plot was actually GOOD!

Although I've been hearing the same complaints with Dragonball Super. I've noticed some problems too, but I dunno, wonky animation isn't enough to keep me from watching something. I had no idea it bothered people so much. :huh:

In any case, can't wait for the next season of Crystal! ^.^
Instagram / Want List

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2015, 05:35:02 PM »
There were issues with the animation, sure, but people were getting incredibly nitpicky about it and all I could do was think "Meh, you do it better then." Those complaints just got soooo annoying and overshadowed the fact that the story/plot was actually GOOD!

The plot was... good? I don't think we were watching the same show. SMC's plot was laughable. I know they were "trying" to follow the manga, but they squished so much into so few episodes, there was no character development, no world development, and no real reason for anything that happened aside form plot pushing. And the whole "romance" between the Scouts and the Shitennou was just UGH. I mean, it wouldn't have been bad if they actually had time to develop the love interest, not just got "oh, suddenly we remember that we love you!" - just in time for the cosmic monty python energy foot comes down from the heavens and obliterate them, leaving the scouts a sobbing mess.  It was terrible writing and moreso, terrible pacing.

The art was bad, but given the time crunch, I wasn't expecting much, so I always let it slide (thought waiting for sailormooncrystalfailures on tumblr to post the latest messes was the best part of watching the show). The music was beautiful, I will give the series that.

Overall, it's not that SMC was terrible, it was just butchered by time and episode constraints that stripped it down to it's barest of bones, lacking plot and character development. I'm still looking forward to season 3, if only to see if they clean up their act any (doubt it) and more cannon fodder for the failures. Sehlur Murs!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2015, 05:51:13 PM »
Lol, I guess we all have different opinions- (there will always be people who hate and love the exact same things about something) so I think it is probably best to watch for yourself! 

Personally, I was initially put off by the art style- but then I liked it as I recognized that it really did look quite a LOT like the Manga- that was fun.
-
I also appreciated the fast moving plots MUCH better than the long anime that was extended for TV.
I actually was inspired to go back and read the Manga, and I thought Crystal did a pretty great job of following the Manga story line :D  I liked Usagi's character so much better in Crystal- she was still a little bit of a crybaby- but nothing like the original anime, wow.

I am definitely looking forward to the next installment!!!!!  I'm so glad that it has been wildly popular.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal