collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sailormoon Crystal 3rd season confirmed  (Read 4825 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Sailormoon Crystal 3rd season confirmed
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2016, 08:59:16 PM »
Bad plot???? Uh.... then I guess you don't like Sailor Moon... because this is the REAL plot of the story... this is following the manga. There's no filler, and it's truer to the source material..... I like the first anime just fine, but I really like Crystal too.

The manga story is beautiful i cried more in the manga than I ever did in the anime.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2016, 01:08:02 PM »
Are the episodes on tv or are they only released to DVD?  I've never read the mangas or any manga for that matter.  I was going to get the Nightmare Before Christmas one, but decided not to get it.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2016, 01:11:28 PM »
The manga story is beautiful i cried more in the manga than I ever did in the anime.

Agreed. Such a beautiful story that I felt the original didn't capture very well... I mean, I still love the original, just for different reasons.

Are the episodes on tv or are they only released to DVD?  I've never read the mangas or any manga for that matter.  I was going to get the Nightmare Before Christmas one, but decided not to get it.

Sailor Moon Crystal can be watched online on Crunchyroll or various other sites that host anime episodes. You can also read the manga online somewhere, I'm sure. Definitely give it a read if you get the chance!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2016, 10:11:13 PM »

Go to goodanime.co !! It's there.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2016, 07:04:37 PM »
Has anyone seen the new promo art released for the magazine?! I'm in love with how long Neptune hair is! This always bothered me in the classic anime how short it was!

http://sailormoonnews.com/2016/01/09/art-from-a-japanese-magazine-seems-to-show-sailor-moon-crystals-versions-of-sailor-uranus-neptune-and-saturn/sailor_moon_crystal_infinity_art_rumour/

that image has been around before, its from some fanart I believe???
There were issues with the animation, sure, but people were getting incredibly nitpicky about it and all I could do was think "Meh, you do it better then." Those complaints just got soooo annoying and overshadowed the fact that the story/plot was actually GOOD!

The plot was... good? I don't think we were watching the same show. SMC's plot was laughable. I know they were "trying" to follow the manga, but they squished so much into so few episodes, there was no character development, no world development, and no real reason for anything that happened aside form plot pushing. And the whole "romance" between the Scouts and the Shitennou was just UGH. I mean, it wouldn't have been bad if they actually had time to develop the love interest, not just got "oh, suddenly we remember that we love you!" - just in time for the cosmic monty python energy foot comes down from the heavens and obliterate them, leaving the scouts a sobbing mess.  It was terrible writing and moreso, terrible pacing.

The art was bad, but given the time crunch, I wasn't expecting much, so I always let it slide (thought waiting for sailormooncrystalfailures on tumblr to post the latest messes was the best part of watching the show). The music was beautiful, I will give the series that.

Overall, it's not that SMC was terrible, it was just butchered by time and episode constraints that stripped it down to it's barest of bones, lacking plot and character development. I'm still looking forward to season 3, if only to see if they clean up their act any (doubt it) and more cannon fodder for the failures. Sehlur Murs!

Did you even watch the original series, like, at all? That had a laughable plot. This was an accurate depiction of the manga, which was pretty fast paced as well. I will take fast paced over something so long that it actually gets boring and nothing plot related happens for twenty episodes because of all the filler any day.
yeah I LOVE the Original Series, but.... plot wise I'm loving SMC. I can't stand to watch it dubbed anymore because the voices are just that dated and its just so ...butchered it gives me headaches.

a lot of people tend to forget that the manga is fast paced, its only 18 volumes and that is a 'short' manga series compared to now where manga now have volumes that are JUST Filler and no plot. Naruto and One Piece are major offenders of this. which also tends to make the anime longer and more or less full of filler and no plot.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2016, 08:34:29 PM »

That image was just posted on the official site in full color so it's not fan art! There's a bunch of new stuff posted on the site and sailor moon news with images of the new season characters! I can't wait to see the witches 5 they are some of my favorite characters design wise!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2016, 08:32:25 AM »
(images from the Sailor Moon news site)

There have already been items released in Japan with the new art. I'm keeping my eye out on eBay!

So I'm already seeing a ton of complaints about the new art. It's a shame, because I'm pretty sure that at this point, it doesn't matter who does the art and animation, there are always going to be people like "But it's not the original!" You know, the flawless original anime that can do no wrong. I hate to say it (especially as a 90s kid who truly does miss a lot of things about the 90s), but I think that there are too many people who let nostalgia cloud their judgement. It's seriously perfectly fine if you like the original better than Crystal, but I guess I'm just getting tired of people acting as though the original was the greatest thing out there.

The one complaint that completely baffled me though, was one about the lack of lipstick on the guardians. Lipstick. I just... really? :blink: I know "shiny makeup" is part of the lyrics for the theme, but is that really how nitpicky some people are? :lol:

Personally, I'm loving the art. I especially love that Chibiusa actually looks like a child. That was something that bothered me a lot in the first 26 episodes, her face was too adult-like.

Naruto and One Piece are major offenders of this.

Just butting in because, as a huuuuuge One Piece fan, I'd say the anime is more of an offender of this than the manga. Oda has been pretty great at keeping plots going, imo. And the anime is actually getting a little better about avoiding filler, but they did do a short filler arc before the current arc and it was really great- and short! This is another topic entirely though! Just my two cents. :P
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2016, 09:40:50 AM »
I think the new art looks great!

I don't care if there are people complaining, I have a feeling that there will be PLENTY watching- me for one!  I bet the best reason for the continuing series is that Sailor Moon Merch has never been selling so well as it is now...

I can't wait for it to start again, the only torture is that it is released SO slowly...

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2016, 09:48:10 AM »
Yeah, I wish they would do weekly episodes instead of releasing them every other week. I guess I'm spoiled by all the other anime I've been keeping up with.

I don't care much about the complaints either, since that hasn't changed my views on the show at all. I just get really baffled by some of the complaints. I don't see the point in watching something that you don't like, you know?

Oh yes, the SM merchandise is selling like crazy! I have such a hard time keeping up with releases of certain things, and usually sites are sold out of the stuff immediately. I do have a pretty decent collection of new SM items, though.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2016, 11:54:25 AM »
Oh yeah. Every other week is TORTURE.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2016, 12:35:11 PM »
...actually, do we know that it'll be every other week again? Has it been stated anywhere yet? I'm just wondering.

Maybe with the change in director and artists, they might get the episodes out faster? One can hope!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2016, 11:56:35 AM »
One can hope!  Maybe they'll even release them all at once- that would work for me :D

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2016, 04:10:38 PM »
(images from the Sailor Moon news site)

There have already been items released in Japan with the new art. I'm keeping my eye out on eBay!

So I'm already seeing a ton of complaints about the new art. It's a shame, because I'm pretty sure that at this point, it doesn't matter who does the art and animation, there are always going to be people like "But it's not the original!" You know, the flawless original anime that can do no wrong. I hate to say it (especially as a 90s kid who truly does miss a lot of things about the 90s), but I think that there are too many people who let nostalgia cloud their judgement. It's seriously perfectly fine if you like the original better than Crystal, but I guess I'm just getting tired of people acting as though the original was the greatest thing out there.

The one complaint that completely baffled me though, was one about the lack of lipstick on the guardians. Lipstick. I just... really? :blink: I know "shiny makeup" is part of the lyrics for the theme, but is that really how nitpicky some people are? :lol:

Personally, I'm loving the art. I especially love that Chibiusa actually looks like a child. That was something that bothered me a lot in the first 26 episodes, her face was too adult-like.

Naruto and One Piece are major offenders of this.

Just butting in because, as a huuuuuge One Piece fan, I'd say the anime is more of an offender of this than the manga. Oda has been pretty great at keeping plots going, imo. And the anime is actually getting a little better about avoiding filler, but they did do a short filler arc before the current arc and it was really great- and short! This is another topic entirely though! Just my two cents. :P
i've only tried the anime so that's where my experience went for OP XD but i knew Naruto had a loooot D:>

and heh i agree with the finally chibiusa looks like a kid comment here

Post Merge: January 27, 2016, 04:12:18 PM

That image was just posted on the official site in full color so it's not fan art! There's a bunch of new stuff posted on the site and sailor moon news with images of the new season characters! I can't wait to see the witches 5 they are some of my favorite characters design wise!

mmm I think I'm remembering something else and thats why I'm sitting here going... I've seen this image years ago I think its just a re-comp of something from the manga art book?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:12:18 PM by kestral_kitsune »
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2016, 04:58:38 PM »

Go to goodanime.co !! It's there.

Thanks. :)  I watched the first one for a little bit but I don't like the Japanese speaking with the English subtitles.  Are they making an American version like with American voice actors, etc.  I can't get absorbed into the story with the Japanese voice actors that's all.

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2016, 06:58:34 PM »
The Crystal dub is on Hulu. At least, according to sailormoonnews.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal