collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sailormoon Crystal 3rd season confirmed  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Sailormoon Crystal 3rd season confirmed
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2015, 10:29:23 PM »
Yeah, guess I should've thrown an "imo" in there because I enjoyed the plot and ended up liking Usagi more in Crystal than I ever did in the original series. It's all a matter of opinion in the end.

My husband and I rewatched the older series a few years ago and I found that to be laughable. We watched the sub and dub back-to-back and dear lord, the dub was terrible. There was still a certain charm to it that makes me love it, but I definitely prefer the story telling and development (however rushed) in Crystal.

The original had too much filler, and that can be good in moderation, but it felt like too much to me. Just a whole lotta nothin' in too many episodes.

I have to agree with Galactica: I'm glad the show was popular enough to warrant a new season. With all the complaints I saw, I thought for sure what we got was all we were going to get.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:32:27 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2015, 11:16:43 PM »
I never cared of the wonky faces. Tought they were funny. :D

I love the pastel colors that Crystal has. Cant wait for the season 3.

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 12:31:48 AM »
I love how mature the stars manga arc usagi is. She's so vastly different from the usagi you first meet. I love how incredibly strong and determined she is! I also love michiru from the manga. Her anime counter part is not my favorite.

I love the classic anime I do. I love the character development, the fun moments and the expansion on some arcs.

The only time the animation quality really bothered me in crystal was the sailor mars episode her face got really wonky.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:34:43 AM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2015, 12:47:56 PM »
I love that it's based on the manga, the original while fun and gorgeous had too much filler

But I just can't get over the art style, the noodly arms on the transformation sequences really weird me out. I stopped watching it after the end of the first season

I'm glad it's getting a third season tho, Sailor Moon is a wonderful story <3

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2015, 01:06:54 PM »
I haven't seen seasons 1 or 2. I'm waiting on the DVDs. But I will see them someday!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 12:30:45 AM »
I don't like Crystal, but I'm curious to see the new interpretation for Uranus and Neptune.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2016, 01:15:56 AM »
Has anyone seen the new promo art released for the magazine?! I'm in love with how long Neptune hair is! This always bothered me in the classic anime how short it was!

http://sailormoonnews.com/2016/01/09/art-from-a-japanese-magazine-seems-to-show-sailor-moon-crystals-versions-of-sailor-uranus-neptune-and-saturn/sailor_moon_crystal_infinity_art_rumour/
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2016, 04:04:58 AM »
I read that season 3 has a new director and artist. Perhaps there will be less complaints about the animation/style of characters this time around? Also, an air date set for sometime this spring. :) I'm on my phone right now, so I don't have the article handy, but a Sailor Moon fan account I follow on Instagram posted the link a few days ago.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2016, 09:47:31 AM »
I can't wait for the new show!  Maybe the first two seasons were so popular that they are going to spend more on the animation, but even if they don't I'll be eagerly watching each one..

I just gave my 13 year old niece the Sailor Moon Manga- she LOVED it! 

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2016, 11:34:26 PM »
Wow. It looks amaizing! :D

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2016, 05:30:10 PM »
I know this will probably be a dumb question but is this the new series of Sailormoon?  I haven't seen anything from it is it webisodes?

I was sort of into the tv series back in the day but by the time I started watching the episodes regularly they cancelled the show.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2016, 06:03:26 PM »
This is the re-boot. It follows the manga more closely.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2016, 07:50:41 PM »
There were issues with the animation, sure, but people were getting incredibly nitpicky about it and all I could do was think "Meh, you do it better then." Those complaints just got soooo annoying and overshadowed the fact that the story/plot was actually GOOD!

The plot was... good? I don't think we were watching the same show. SMC's plot was laughable. I know they were "trying" to follow the manga, but they squished so much into so few episodes, there was no character development, no world development, and no real reason for anything that happened aside form plot pushing. And the whole "romance" between the Scouts and the Shitennou was just UGH. I mean, it wouldn't have been bad if they actually had time to develop the love interest, not just got "oh, suddenly we remember that we love you!" - just in time for the cosmic monty python energy foot comes down from the heavens and obliterate them, leaving the scouts a sobbing mess.  It was terrible writing and moreso, terrible pacing.

The art was bad, but given the time crunch, I wasn't expecting much, so I always let it slide (thought waiting for sailormooncrystalfailures on tumblr to post the latest messes was the best part of watching the show). The music was beautiful, I will give the series that.

Overall, it's not that SMC was terrible, it was just butchered by time and episode constraints that stripped it down to it's barest of bones, lacking plot and character development. I'm still looking forward to season 3, if only to see if they clean up their act any (doubt it) and more cannon fodder for the failures. Sehlur Murs!

Did you even watch the original series, like, at all? That had a laughable plot. This was an accurate depiction of the manga, which was pretty fast paced as well. I will take fast paced over something so long that it actually gets boring and nothing plot related happens for twenty episodes because of all the filler any day.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2016, 01:53:58 AM »
Bad plot???? Uh.... then I guess you don't like Sailor Moon... because this is the REAL plot of the story... this is following the manga. There's no filler, and it's truer to the source material..... I like the first anime just fine, but I really like Crystal too.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2016, 08:31:20 AM »
Yeah, I've been rewatching the original Sailor Moon arcs -for like the millionth time- and I've confirmed that I like the pace/storytelling of Crystal a lot more. I know it all comes down to opinion, but I was never a fan of filler in anime (unless it was really REALLY good) and I like it when the show sticks closely to the source material, because it really feels like it's being brought to life.

In other news, I've been obsessed with seeing artists do color versions of the promo art that was released for the upcoming 3rd season. I'm so excited!

Also, has anyone here been obsessed with collecting the various anniversary merchandise for SM? I just got a cute hand sanitizer holder, and the sanitizer, to put on my Luna purse. :P
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:32:52 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal