collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever have a pony in your collection go MIA?  (Read 1746 times)

Offline wondermintUK

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ever have a pony in your collection go MIA?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 12:09:41 PM »
German Baby Moondancer is MIA.  I know I received her, along with a few other nice ponies, from a seller but between unpacking them and putting them on my 'new arrivals' shelf, she disappeared!  And she never turned up :( I do wonder if she hid back inside the packaging and ended up in the bin *cry* even though I searched for her.  I haven't bought another to replace her yet, partly in hope she will turn up!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 01:42:50 PM »
Oh man, so many!! I somehow ended up with 3/4ths of this one G3 Easter pony set ... and no clue where the last one went. What?!?? Into my 'doubles' bin somehow?! Did I never get her? I was very fastidious about finding all of the holiday G3s in the store!! :yikes:

Also, TAF Sundance. As a teenager, I went through and identified all of my ponies and dolls, and found out that I have TAF Megan - but no Sundance! Seeing pictures of her pinged my memories from childhood, so I know that I HAD her, I just have no clue what happened to her between childhood and now!

Also, the Poof 'n Puff Perfume Palace. I definitely had one as a kid, never found it as an adult! (Although it was probably thrown out by my parents - they weren't fond of "broken" doll houses/playsets.)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 02:13:18 PM »
I can't find my signature look Pinkie Pie E.G. doll.  She probably partied too hard and got lost on the way home.

I'm actually a little impressed that I lost her. My art room is the only place she could be and no one goes in that room except me.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 02:17:19 PM »
I found Pearly Pie in my mom's closet and at Christmas time I was expecting to find her under the tree. She wasn't under the tree and no where to be found. To this day I still haven't seen her and I dug deep into the closet to find her XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 02:25:06 PM »
Not one of my ponies, but my sister's Daisy Dancer is currently missing presumed eaten. I know we definitely have her because she exists in photographs and was photographed on my old version of my website, but she is now nowhere to be found. My sister put all her ponies in storage and we've had them all down to sort recently, but Daisy Dancer wasn't with any of those boxes and so far, not any of the playsets. No idea what happened to her, best guess is she might be at the top of Naynie's wardrobe of doom.

I sort of lost KIss Curl a while back, too, but that was me just being an idiot. I was sure she was up in the attic with her playset, but she wasn't. We found the playset, but no Kiss Curl. Then when I did areally thorough sweep of my cupboard, I found she was shoved away at the back underneath Sail Away's hooves where I couldn't see her.

I actually did the total opposite yesterday, though - or my Dad did, bringing down the next box of stuff from the attic to sort. THere was a Perfume Puff Palace in the bottom in its box and I said to him, Dad, we've had that down already, and he swore blind that it was a different box and he hadn't messed with it. My sister had the Perfume Puff Palace as a kid and I've already seen hers...but this one was from a carboot sale, it had a carboot price label on it and it was all inside packed away in nice neat bags O.o. So apparently I have a Perfume Puff Palace of my own, too O.o. Who knew...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2015, 02:35:07 PM »
Once upon a time, when I was four, I got a pair of fakies. Then, one day, they decided to go on an adventure without me. They never came back.

I'm still kind of hoping that I'll find them eventually. Granted, one of them got decapitated and the other one had some serious hair loss, but maybe I'll be able to put the pink one's head back on and rehair the blue one...
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »
I just remembered another incident when I was a kid. I swear my ponies used to go out and play when I was at school - they'd be in my bag in the cloakroom and I'd be in class and Id come back to find all kinds of things going on with them. My 2 Mountain Boys mysteriously got broken feet, and someone definitely snapped off Wild Flower's earring, because it wasn't in the bag (no accident!) but the weirdest one was when I disobeyed my mother and snuck Sky Rocket to school with me when I'd been banned from taking ponies.

She was in my bag, yet at the end of the day when I was about to go home, one of the teachers came out with the pony, "isn't this yours?" My mother saw, and I was busted, but I still to this day don't know how she got out of my bag. Bad sparkle pony.

Another time one of my ponies ended up at my friend's house, mysteriously. Though I have this feeling the pony was "borrowed" without my permission, and we weren't really friends for that long after (not for that reason, but just in general). I think that was Snowflake. Only the fact she had my name written on her hooves alerted my friend's mother that it wasn't one of her kid's ponies!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 02:45:22 PM »
mine tend to get help from four legged furry trolls XD
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »
My only two childhood ponies went missing when I was young. Cherries Jubilee, and Glory. Sadly, they most likely were given away by my mom when she felt I outgrew them. One of those toys that simply 'disappeared' one day...

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline billietallent

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Imma die surrounded by ponies, yarn, and buttons
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 05:46:56 PM »
Yes! Mail Order Spike and I have been overhauling my toy room & cataloguing my ponies, and Baby Pearly is still missing! We're running out of places she might possibly be.  :(

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2015, 03:00:15 AM »
As a teenager, I went through a phase in which I didn't care for my ponies very much, so they were all packed away in boxes (not sold or given away, thankfully). When I rediscovered my love for ponies in my early twenties, I was distressed to find that Chief was nowhere to be seen in any of the boxes. I knew I'd had him because he was the daddy in all my pony games when I was a child. At some point, I concluded he must have ended up in a different box, but I never entirely gave up hope that I'd find him one day. He'd always been a special favourite of mine.

A few years later, the grandmother of a good friend of mine, who'd sadly passed away in an accident in her early twenties, turned out her basement. She came over, asking if I wanted anything. As my friend and her mum had lived in her house, all her old toys were still there. And in the middle of other ponies and LLL stuff, I found Chief. I knew he was mine because my friend had never had him (we'd always made sure not to ask for the same ponies, so we wouldn't get them mixed up). After playing with our ponies, my friend must have taken Chief home with her by mistake, and I hadn't noticed.

So that's the slightly sad story about how I lost Chief and found him again.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2015, 01:47:14 PM »
Every time I am looking for a specific pony :P

However in all seriousness yes I have lost Baby Bow Tie, Baby Applejack and one of the Princess dragons (cant remember which one). The Babies turned up of their own accord...the dragon I finally discovered in a very random location eventually :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ickykitana

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2015, 03:33:22 PM »
Baby Applejack is MIA at the moment I know I had her as I was going to take her on holiday but she's gone... I have to confess Ive replaced her  :)

and also Italian purple haired Tootsie Im 99.9% sure I owned her Her hair had been trimmed and she had a ink spot on her nose But she's not in either Nirvana box  :( Now she Im devastated about because chances of ever replacing her are slim

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2015, 04:35:13 PM »
I just got out my mini ponies, Comet Tail went missing! I'm a bit miffed, he's one of my favorites, but I guess he wouldn't be too hard to replace if he's lost for good. (You hear that, pal? Maybe that'll encourage you to come home! :D )
I'll put something here some time

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 10:50:40 PM »
My CF Cotton Candy and Princess Ruby are currently AWOL. They arrived in the mail shortly before I moved, and didn't make it into the boxes with the rest of the ponies. Later, when I unpacked the box I thought I had put them in, they weren't there. I searched every other conceivable box too, but they were nowhere to be found. I feel terrible that they might have been accidentally left behind, but I haven't given up hope that they'll turn up when I least expect it. At least wherever they are, they have each other for company.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal