collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: help and plea about nirvana rehairs  (Read 3965 times)

Offline ickykitana

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: help and plea about nirvana rehairs
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 01:21:44 AM »
What a horrible situation to be in

I don't know the answer but the seller has to take some kind of responsibility The level of that varies from pony to situation

I never knew about the RH on the hoof interesting and thanks for the info

Perhaps standard etiquette (manners) is to ask if the head is sealed? If not then can I look inside please?

I hope you manage to get something sorted :hug:

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 02:00:03 AM »
If I made a misstake when describing a pony I would definitely pay for the postage cost to return it! It would be so embarrassing to make a misstake! And you can't see on pictures if it is a rehair (if it is a good one) you will have to trust the seller on that.

I definitely do not collect rehaired ponies, and if I bought a nirvana like an original I would be very upset and wouldn't take any partial refund as I wouldn't want the pony at all.

I think that i might be a good idea to mark the pony in some way, but I don't like the idea of it being marked under the hoof (why visible damage the pony body when we do everything to remove stains and marks from them?). I think it would be better to do it inside the pony, in the neck where the plastic is thick so it won't bleed trough, or something like that. Also I think that rehairs shouldn't be re-glued so that they easily can be inspected inside...

When I started collecting ponies I bought a Little Flitter on ebay with the most beautiful pink hair. The seller said that she was perfect and original. When I got her it was obvious that she was a rehair and re-glued, even as a newbie I could see that. I was so sad to have been fooled and I sold her with a loss of money to someone who didn't mind. The return shipping would have eaten up everything anyway so that was the best I could do. But I never want to experience that again!

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you! :(
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 11:00:56 AM »
Yeah that makes sense. Especially the price thing. (For example, I recently bought this particular Twist variant and only paid $15 because the hair is barely there. But a perfect one is $220!)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »
Well it sounds like you are trying to work it out with the sellers and I think that's great!

I think if there is no dispute that the pony(ponies?) have been rehaired-  the seller should take the pony back and send a refund since the "contract" for a Nirvana pony did not disclose a major major fault such as a re-hair.  While it may save you next time to ask pointed questions before buying (and no I don't think it would be rude at ALL so long as you were polite about it- especially if the seller forgot to check) - it is ultimately the seller's responsibility that she sold you non-conforming goods.  She doesn't have an obligation to give you a partial refund- but that is certainly something you guys can negotiate if BOTH parties are willing.

The reason I get nervous about re-hair disputes and why they sometimes turn into fights- is that it is not always super obvious that there has been a rehair.  Sometimes it may be obvious but sometimes it is not.  And sometimes there are incorrect assumptions about re-hairs and Nirvanas that result in disputes and hard feelings.  I am by no means an expert but for example I DO know that some people assume that a head that is not glued is evidence of a re-hair- when in fact there were several countries that did not glue the heads down.  There are also ponies that have weird tails on the inside (tied with string) that would seem to be replacements- when they are truly original.  Also I seem to remember at least one country has weird messy sewing on the inside.

Since there is so much variation- there can be differences of opinion.  I think it is helpful when the issue is not clear to post pictures to the Nirvana forum - disclose the Country of origin- and let all the experts (who may also have a similar pony) weigh in before jumping to conclusions.  I always learn so much when that happens- sometimes surprising things. 

It would be cool actually if someone could build a resource page with photos of the way the Nirvana ponies from the various countries SHOULD look from the inside as originals- since I know that there are differences. But I suppose that would be a pretty tricky undertaking..

The issue of whether or not people should write RH on the hooves of any ponies with non-original manes/tails is a little off-topic, and since that topic often seems to result in a huge debate all on its own, I will leave off responding on that issue, except to say that of the 2 ponies I have considered restoring- I will not mark up but I also have no plan to sell or trade.

Offline Huscheli

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sscans.anime.ch
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 01:43:12 PM »
Does anyone have rehair pictures? Because I thought I knew about the differences but now I'm not so sure anymore *_*

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 01:51:18 PM »
I have a nirvanas to sell and if they messed hair under a little price to the buyer is out to change her hair more economical if the buyer wants.
Personally, I am in favor of re-hair do if the pony is in good condition and not hair .At the end of the day is a way of restoration, but vendors must tell the truth.
Use google translator, perhaps the translation is not good

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 03:05:59 PM »
thanks again for the replies I really do appreciate your time and its helped alot :)
maddie you summed up perfectly my issue thank you :)
icky that is a better way for me to ask, thanks

Also galactica thanks but I do disagree a little, a nirvana rehair is not different to spot than a normal pony in reguards to its mane. All ponies have factory weave. Also all nirvanas I can think of of the top of my head have a string tie and clasp, the only I can think of with washers are dutch and german but they are technically hasbro anyway.
While tails can be altered and clasps removed (I personally remove rusted clasps and use cable ties to hold them) if the mane is original its likely the tail replacement with dolly hair or replacements tail from hasbro ponies will not match in colour to the mane.
I personally don't think photos need to be posted in the nirvana forum if someone suspects a rehair for the experts to clarify, a pony in hand is much easier to identify than any photos. Help should only be seeked if there are suspistions about the factory weave such as in reserve gustys case or if a collector is really very new and doesn't know what to look for at all. Simply comparing the rehair to a pony with factory weave will clarify a rehair

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 04:12:55 PM »
Well I'm only suggesting that if there is some question and the parties are not agreed. Obviously if it is clear it was rehaired- there is no reason. 

I seem to remember a thread last year (or maybe longer?) where there was a big fight about whether or not a pony had been rehaired or not, but I don't even remember which pony that was or from what country.

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 03:23:57 AM »
Jumping on the bandwagon...because I want to start with customizing and/or re-hairing ponies....
I was thinking about marking a pony who has gotten new hair (donated or re-haired), not on the outside but on the inside with a little *ID Card* who re-haired her and when and maybe with what kind of hair...just a little piece of paper laminated or sealed with clear tape to prevent fading....
Off course this is nowhere a 100% fool proof thing...but I think with something like this a re-hair would maybe a little more of value then the ones without it???
*Just putting in my 2 cents*

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2015, 07:04:17 PM »
What about writing on the inside neck seam? Or inside the pony or even placing a note inside that is if the head is not re-glued with super glue to prevent future buyers from checking.

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2015, 02:34:13 PM »
This would open another debate
Better let the ponies as they are or better restore?
If the hair is changed I would consider a restoration...

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 03:02:10 PM »
yes in reguards to marking rehairs everyone has a different opinion and its a fickle debate there. The note idea is very cute, it would be nice to recieve that but I think some people "intentionally" don't say the pony was rehaired rather then forget as they can get so much more money for it should they get away with it. In my cases I really believe the sellers didn't know but in all cases when they brought the ponies they where never told about the rehair :/
I think at the end of the day if the head isn't factory seal they buyer needs to pop the head to check its not that difficult and doesn't damage the pony since the head is loose already. It would save a lot of problems afterwards, in my case one sellers has been good but I am still yet to come to an agreement with the second seller :(
Education is the key thou so the fact that so many have even read this post will hopefully decrease the amount of undisclosed rehairs being sold :)
Again thanks everyone for you time, ideas and support

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 09:55:04 AM »
This whole thread was a really interesting read. I hadn't realised that rehairing among Nirvana ponies was getting so common. I'm not going to comment on any of the contentious issues involved, but I think that if someone knows a seller is knowingly selling things with poor description, or misleading buyers, then mods here ought to be informed. Even if posting it openly is a no-no, the TF mods can take the information and look into it without any big public drama.

You have to be careful about outing people, unfortunately. One scammer I dealt with in the past dealt with anyone who dared speak out against her with threats through her and her clique of friends, publically and privately. She would spread lies about you, and post lies about your family as well, and it worked. People were either scared of her or believed her, so she got away with it for a long time, despite several people knowing she was scamming and trying to out her for it.

Fortunately she is no longer here.

It's really not worth the hassle of engaging in that stuff yourself, especially when dealing with big money ponies. Bringing the TF mods in as mediators is a much better and safer idea, and also means any misunderstandings can be ironed out without someone's reputation being prematurely damaged.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 11:51:38 AM »
I know I once sold a piggy Rayito and upon arriving the buyer said it was a rehair...I had no idea!

I think if you don't customize ponies (which I don't--I don't even pop their heads off ever, as it makes me super nervous) then there's almost no way to tell. Her hair looked just like the hair of my other piggies, so I was flabbergasted.

As far as what to do, I offered a full refund, but in the end the buyer and I agreed on a partial refund, and she kept the piggy. I think it depends on the individual situation, but for my part I will always offer full refunds if I have made a mistake.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2015, 04:26:11 AM »
I understand the concern, but I do have a couple of Nirvanas that I will probaby finish re-hairing at some point, and I don't have any plan to write on them- it feels worse than writing in a library book to me :D
This! I couldn't write under the foot of a nirvana. 
But I agree with Plushroo putting a piece of paper inside that states "re-haired by ---- on ---" add in if the tail was replaced as well. The pony is already cracked open so that would be an obvious easy solution.
I'm guilty of re-hairing or filling in missing plugs on some of my nirvanas. I look at it as I want them to look their best. (and of course I would disclose if they were sold, but that probably isn't going to happen)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal