collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WeLoveFine Chibi Not-Blind-Boxed Vinyls  (Read 11925 times)

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: WeLoveFine Chibi Blind Box Vinyls
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2015, 05:35:23 AM »
And order for complete set has been placed.  Yay!  I hope we get a round #2 with Doctor Whooves and Trixie and Rainbow with Applejack :D

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2015, 05:36:01 AM »
I'll probably have to pay more for it, but I'll be stalking the sales threads here and on ebay for miss muffin. She is insanely cute!
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2015, 06:02:41 AM »
Chrysalis is cute :D

I'm so glad they listened to everyone's complaints and changed it!! :D Thumbs up to WLF, I never expected them to do that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2015, 06:07:16 AM »
Never seen a company before that THANKED us on the page for calling out their BS.  LOL

Putting in an order for a complete set sometime today :D

Haha, right?  I saw my name as one of those being thanked and was like “I'm buying a full set!" They really could've ignored us, but the fact that they listened AND thanked us...crazy!  I do hope that this is the beginning of WLF taking the opinions and comments from their fans into account.

Speaking of which, in the update on the chibi figures they emailed, I noticed they mention you by name.

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2015, 07:20:31 AM »
chrysalis!
but they don't ship till DECEMBER?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:23:25 AM by Roogna »

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2015, 07:26:55 AM »
Speaking of which, in the update on the chibi figures they emailed, I noticed they mention you by name.

That was honestly such a shock to see my name and the others.  It seems like such a little thing, but taking the time to thank us like that and to go through and change how they planned on selling these figures shows that WLF is at least trying to be a better company.  I wonder if they've seen complaints about how they dealt with the very first two pony figures they did?  I honestly stopped supporting them other than the Twilight and Nightmare Moon figures I got, and I figured I'd be done with them.  This is most definitely a step in the right direction for them!

Maybe they ought to consult us fans first before they sell products.  We have good ideas! :lol:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:06:35 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2015, 08:37:39 AM »
chrysalis!
but they don't ship till DECEMBER?
That was why I went ahead an preordered Chrysalis - I didnt want to risk waiting out on her and she sells out beforehand (since she was originally a case-exclusive character, right?)
I have waited nearly six months for a preordered figure to get released before (*looks at Disney Elsa nendoroid*). So I think I can do it one more time, in a situation like this. xD

...I just hope they don't suffer the same fate that their Fluttery/Discord figures did, granted that figure was made of resin.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2015, 09:08:56 AM »
Wow they really do change the rules a lot, this time for the good tho, I may have to buy me a Chrysalis because well I love her, might not be the biggest fan of the style, but I kinda need anything Chrysalis that looks better than Hasbros Celestia repaints.

For Sale Wants

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2015, 10:12:04 AM »
Chrysalis is super cute-  the only other one I really like is Discord though, so it is not really worth it to get the set I think.  They are cute but I really don't like the ones that are standing up (looking at you Pinkie and DJ)- not a big fan of the Twilight sculpt either. Or the "best pony".

Fat Rarity is kinda cute, but $15 cute? Hmmm. Flutterbat is kinda cute too-   

Glad they are offering them separate!  DEFINITELY getting Chrysalis just have to decide if I need any more than that :D

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2015, 10:22:28 AM »
Not surprised at all :)
  I did mention  before that they would do this ,and I'm pretty sure after a while they will sell them for less
they are super overpriced , for 15 they should be giving the customers a big figure like the Funko vinyls size
so won't be surprised if the go down to half price or even less around next year :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2015, 10:35:21 AM »
You know, i am even surprised they thought it was a good idea in the first place to have it as blind boxes. WLF clearly didn't know or understand how/why blind bags/boxes work. xD
You can't charge $15 for a blind box figure and expect people to be content with shelling out $300 just to get all eight figures (and end up with extras you may not even be able to sell off). You have to price them cheap to get people to impulse buy, and not question if "if I buy this blind bag/box for $___ , would I be okay if I don't get the character(s) I want." $15 is too much for that.

I honestly cant think of a single blind box/bag figure series that normally retails for more than $10 each, even from Japan (of course by that,  I mean if you convert their normal price from yen to US dollar, and excluding anime conventions or stores where they raise the price a lot).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:38:19 AM by MilkyTaroMochi »

Offline pineapplecupcake

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • "She'll become a crazy cat lady!...Give her time"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2015, 11:01:24 AM »
I've been offline for a few days and boy am I relieved to hear that they are now offering them individually!! Flutterbat, here I come! :heart:
:heart: Thank you to LyraHeartsrtings, Bekuno (adopts) & sunnyrain (avi) :heart:Pineapple Cupcake reference sheet!:heart:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2015, 11:06:59 AM »
You know, i am even surprised they thought it was a good idea in the first place to have it as blind boxes. WLF clearly didn't know or understand how/why blind bags/boxes work. xD
You can't charge $15 for a blind box figure and expect people to be content with shelling out $300 just to get all eight figures (and end up with extras you may not even be able to sell off). You have to price them cheap to get people to impulse buy, and not question if "if I buy this blind bag/box for $___ , would I be okay if I don't get the character(s) I want." $15 is too much for that.

I honestly cant think of a single blind box/bag figure series that normally retails for more than $10 each, even from Japan (of course by that,  I mean if you convert their normal price from yen to US dollar, and excluding anime conventions or stores where they raise the price a lot).

You know, I was pretty sure the Funko boxes were around $10, aren't they even more at Hot Topic? Or am I remembering wrong? ^^;
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2015, 11:18:37 AM »

You know, I was pretty sure the Funko boxes were around $10, aren't they even more at Hot Topic? Or am I remembering wrong? ^^;

Hmm, I'd never order them from Hot Topic- but they are usually $8.59 there (full price) and almost always either 30% off or buy one get one half off or something.  They always got some kind of promotion...

$15 is pretty expensive for a 2" figure.  But I really like the Chrysalis :D

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2015, 11:20:29 AM »

nah I dont think you are remembering wrong. I think they normally retail for a bit less than $10 (I wana say Walmart or Target sells them for around $8?) , but HT charges a few bucks more?
Plus HT does often have that BOGO 50% sale, so that does help with impulse buying. xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal