collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WeLoveFine Chibi Not-Blind-Boxed Vinyls  (Read 12052 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: WeLoveFine Chibi Blind Box Vinyls
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2015, 11:27:27 AM »
Here's a link to a HT Funko Blind bag-  definitely $8.59 when not on sale.
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/TV/MyLittlePony/My+Little+Pony+Funko+Mystery+Minis+Series+2+Blind+Box+Vinyl+Figure-10210078.jsp

But they do charge $12.59 for the POP figures ($10 when on sale) so if the figures from WLF are more like that size- than that might not be as bad...  in fact as I look at them they are VERY similar in look, lol

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2015, 11:33:17 AM »
Yeah, they're usually around $8 each for the Funko blind boxes.  My only issue with those is that... well, they don't look all that great.  I always thought the box designs were cool for the vinyls, with the pony outlined in their color and then colored in black, but the mystery minis just don't do much for me.  And collecting the "show accurate" colored ones is pointless (to me) because they're just small versions of the regular vinyls.  As much as I love the Funko figures, they kind of suffer from the same thing that Hasbro has been doing with the toys for G4: same poses, nothing too special, just a minor change here and there.  I know I keep saying this, but look at the mystery minis for other series... they look great!  The pony ones are so boring in comparison.

The WLF figures are at least unique from one another, though I have to agree about the standing ones (Pinkie and DJ), they aren't too eye-catching and don't look as cute as the others.

These figures make me think more of Nendoroids, extremely tiny and extremely expensive.  But at least with Nendoroids you get accessories and such.  Honestly though, I don't see WLF making these cheaper.  The fact that they took away the blind box aspect was big enough of them to do, I'm not going to expect them to lower the price considering the positive feedback they're getting already for just changing how to obtain each figure.

I'm pretty sure that even if these were cheaper, someone would find something negative to say about it all.  They can't please everyone, but hey... they at least tried!

They also said that if these sell well, then AJ and RD will be on the way along with a normal Fluttershy.  I personally hope they do Tirek and King Sombra since those two will probably never get any love from Hasbro.

But yeah, I wish these were cheaper.  Even $10 would've been nice, or a discount for buying the whole set.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:44:50 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2015, 03:30:25 PM »
I honestly cant think of a single blind box/bag figure series that normally retails for more than $10 each, even from Japan

Eh. I've paid $15 a box for a "designer vinyl" blind box. (By that i mean not cheap-o funko brand).  However, that is on the high end. I'd say a lot are closer to $13.

I know I have an unpopular opinion... but I didn't think the 1/24 rarity of discord or chrysalis was that awful. It sure beats the crazy time rarity of 1/96 or whatever for some of the vinyl blind boxes... However, I DID think that 16 duplicates (5 characters being 4/24 rarity) was stupid. insanely stupid.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:37:43 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline SilverRains

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2015, 04:29:49 PM »
I honestly cant think of a single blind box/bag figure series that normally retails for more than $10 each, even from Japan
I was thinking at first $15 wasn't too bad, because the Funko blind boxes are $12 off the shelf here in Australia. However, I forgot that was $15 USD - these would be $19 AUD before shipping! Ick!

They're kinda cute, but I probably won't get any. Which is fine by me, I don't really like We Love Fine much anyway.

If the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.
Wishlist ~ Art

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2015, 09:12:17 PM »
They're pretty adorable! I'm sure they'll be sold at conventions, where We Love Fine does most of their selling. :) I don't know if I'll get any, but I do know that I want several of them!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2015, 12:40:53 PM »
I know I have an unpopular opinion... but I didn't think the 1/24 rarity of discord or chrysalis was that awful. It sure beats the crazy time rarity of 1/96 or whatever for some of the vinyl blind boxes... However, I DID think that 16 duplicates (5 characters being 4/24 rarity) was stupid. insanely stupid.

I completely agree, and that's what a lot of us wanted them to realize.  It's fine to have limited figures, but don't put people in a position where they'd have all of these extras just to guarantee them one or two characters that they want.  That's why I went ahead and set up a group order thread for these on here (up until WLF made that change).  The original 1/24 chance of getting Chrysalis or Discord is nothing compared to other ratios I've seen for figures, including Funko, but the price of these is so much on the upper end that it was ridiculous.
Instagram / Want List

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2015, 08:30:57 AM »
They are ridiculously pricey but I want them all....
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: WeLoveFine Chibi Not-Blind-Boxed Vinyls
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2015, 01:33:43 AM »
I just can't decide who I want! I'm definitely going to get :muffin: but I'm not 100% sold on any of the others. Can anyone help me decide?

I don't know whether I should get DJ or Pinkie because their poses are so similar. I've never liked DJ's hair so I think I should go with Pinkie but her face is so plain.
I don't much like how Rarity or Twilight look at all, and I don't want any of the others (as cool as Chrysalis looks I'm not a fan.

Anyone want to help me decide? Should I...
a) Just get :muffin: and save my money for future releases (fingers crossed for Fluttershy)
b) Get her and DJ or Pinkie (but then which one?!)
c) Get all three
d) All three plus Twilight, because why not she's growing on me?! 
:freak:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2015, 09:36:52 AM »
Wait.....these are only 2 inches tall? At that price I was expecting at least 4 inches. I think I'll pass. The price for something that small as nuts, even though they are cute.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2015, 01:42:46 PM »
ooooooh! Hats off to you WLF! I am very impressed :) Listening to fans - awesome way to go!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »
Wait.....these are only 2 inches tall? At that price I was expecting at least 4 inches. I think I'll pass. The price for something that small as nuts, even though they are cute.

2.5-3 inches... (I think they are closer to 3).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:49:46 PM by banditpony »

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2015, 01:53:36 PM »

so there..blind bag sized?

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2015, 01:56:46 PM »

so there..blind bag sized?

Hm. I just measured an Applejack blind bag... Just shy of 3in, so I guess so!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »
Provided the quality is good, I wouldn't mind shelling out that much for something that was 3-inches tall (of course I would be a hypocrit if I said otherwise, consdering I often shell out that much or more on anime/pokemon figures that are about the same size)

Now, if the figures come out and they look completely messed up or "fakie"... then I would have a problem.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2015, 06:18:53 AM »
Provided the quality is good, I wouldn't mind shelling out that much for something that was 3-inches tall (of course I would be a hypocrit if I said otherwise, consdering I often shell out that much or more on anime/pokemon figures that are about the same size)

Now, if the figures come out and they look completely messed up or "fakie"... then I would have a problem.

I was thinking the same thing, that I'd be a total hypocrite if I complained too much about the price for these considering I've paid that (and then some) for anime and Pokemon figures that are the same size.  It's all about the quality for me, and I'm willing to take a gamble that these will be good.  I've been very happy with my Twilight Sparkle and Nightmare Moon figures from them.

I can see where people are coming from though, about the price.  Just personally I can't say these are expensive and then turn around and spend the same price on a Sailor Moon figure that's the same height and act like that's different. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal