collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sought after ponies that you're not a fan of  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
Re: Sought after ponies that you're not a fan of
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 10:49:26 AM »
I'm not a big fan of any of the boys, they just feel a bit too clunky to me in comparison to the other molds.

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 10:59:43 AM »
I don't think any of the more sought after ponies got me screaming after them. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 01:23:08 PM »
Mimic, Rapunzel, Sea Ponies, Soft Sleepy Newborns and probably others.

I will stick with collecting boy ponies. ;)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 02:00:03 PM »
I have no interest in Rapunzel or Sweet Scoops. I'm not 100% sure what I think of Sea Ponies.

I do like Mimic and Boy Ponies, though. Mimic is a someday purchase and I'd like to own my first male pony by the end of the year. I may choose one once I've been collecting for six months? I think that might make a nice milestone.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 02:18:21 PM »
Punzie, Mimic, Sweet Scoops... I think most of the sought after ponies are not on my wantlist. I wouldn't mind having them (of course) But I won't pay the full price for them ;)

Ditto for all three of those as well. Sweet Scoops looks too much like Sherbet and if Punzie was blue then I'd be interested. The fact that mimic's price is overly high for no reason really makes her unattractive to me.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 02:19:25 PM »

I'm not really keen on Rapunzel... a lot of nirvanas. To me most of the originals are way prettier than their foreign variants.

I pretty much agree with this. I like Rapunzel. I have Rapunzel. I think she's ok. She's kinda boring. I saw one once sell for $900, and I'm sure she's made more than that. To be brutally honest, if I hadn't traded for her years back, I would just write her off my list. I like her, but I wouldn't mortgage my house for her.

Sweet Scoops, on the other hand, I think is understated, undervalued and completely beautiful. She's simple and it works for her. I have never regretted buying her - I think I would regret spending money on Rapunzel.

Nirvana ponies are tricky for me. I was so involved with the Italian ponies at the start that I can't say I don't like them - and I have a few random ones though probably only yellow Minty is considered "pricey". I just...I don't dislike the Nirvana, but I think that many of them have somehow risen to Rapunzel-sized prices, and I can't see for me that those ponies = those prices. My one exception would be Brazilian Paradise, who I would take in pretty much any condition so long as I could actually afford to buy her - because I always wanted a NSS Paradise as a kid and Hasbro took away my chance of getting one before they even made her *sob*. But rather like Mimic and Rapunzel tend to do, some of the Nirvana ponies come up more often than some of the regular line ponies and yet sell for twice the price.

I admit that some Nirvana are stunning. Many of the Greek ponies are beautiful. I saw Peruvian Baby Bow Tie and Venezuela Starshine and I admit I like both very much. I still adore Italian ponies, and some of the Argentinian ponies are so bright and unique that they catch the attention (although I can't forget the days when they were $20 each MIP, so I still mentally value them in that price range xD My brain is stuck fifteen years ago...)

I think the squeaky butt ponies are hideous, though, and many Nirvana ponies are in wrecked condition for high prices which kinda puts me off them even more. I didn't realise I was that picky till now.

Please note these are just my opinions, not judgements. :)

On the other hand, I adore Mimic (totally unique pony, very classy and I love TE ponies) and I have always been a little bit obsessed with the Sea Ponies. What I still find hard to get my head around, though, is that they've gone through a surge in prices and popularity since I was last here, too. I actually like that they have, except I can't pick up MOC ones dirt cheap anymore - but I think they've been very underestimated and they're really quite pretty if in good condition.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 03:41:58 PM »
Rapunzel doesn't appeal to me. Also, I think Oakly & Munchy are two of the ugliest G1 creations.

That said, I love Night Glider, Sweet Scoops, and the Big Brothers.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 03:44:00 PM »
Sweet Scoops. She's so very generic and bland.

Rapunzel is a close second. I've never liked pink ponies with yellow hair (but I love the reverse!).
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 04:02:15 PM »
I dont know.. Im undecided about this because I never know a pony until I have her in my hands. I do agree with Nirvanna's putting me off in not buying them because of the price. I do like them they are unique. I may even like Sweet scoops if I ever had her. I know there are alot of ponies I would raise an eyebrow to but until they are mine I won't make a hasty decision.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 04:04:37 PM »
Goldilocks, Rapunzel, Sweet Scoops, Mimic (the pose) and Baby Princess Sparkle are not really up my street, nor the Paradise Estate, I feel kinda lucky about that because they get very expensive  :)

Gotta add piggy ponies and the ponies with roller skates stuck on...  :huh:

Generally Nirvana ponies don't appeal to me but I have a lot of UK exclusive releases. I have one or two cheeky Nirvanas though, from Holland, France and Germany. I guess that's easier as I live in Europe.

I noticed some people have mentioned getting customs of the rarer/more expensive ponies they really like and I'm in the process of making myself a Greek Ladybird.  So I'm still really glad that Nirvanas exist because they give me inspiration for custom pony projects! Somehow if it's a project I'm working on, that rescues a bait pony and costs me almost nothing then I like ponies with dodgy paintwork a lot more  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 03:57:08 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 04:12:57 PM »
I really don't like sea ponies. Now normally that changes once a pony comes to me, but I have 3 now, and they're still sitting in the sales boxes (there's a lot to go right now, lol!) With Munchy it was that way - I only wanted her to complete the set, but she came up pretty minty and dirt cheap, so I grabbed her, and my, she's pretty in person! She's one of my proudest bargain moments now!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2015, 04:35:06 PM »
I adore Munchy and Night Glider. Munchy I eventually want because barbecues on warm summer days with my family are some of my happiest memories. Night Glider I want because I love space themed ponies and her colors and symbol are stunning. I did some art of her recently, which required my to really take a detailed look at her, and that made me appreciate her design all the more.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2015, 05:16:19 PM »
Rapunzel doesn't do anything for me. Not really into the boy ponies although there are a couple that I think at cute.
Also not into:
Flutter ponies
Sea ponies

Mimic I do like a lot. I didn't pursue her till I saw her in person and saw how beautiful she was. Sweet Scoops is very cute, but I doubt I will ever pursue her. Night Glider I do hope to get one someday :)

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 05:26:18 PM »
Hollywood. I mean, her mane and symbol are nice, but the color..... If she was a bit lighter, she would be my grail (But she doesn't beat Lily lightly lol)

And Mimic and Rapunzel due to Mimic's pose and Punzies color combo. Bleugh
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 05:56:51 PM »
I don't really get the obsession with nirvanas who look like cheaply made versions of U.S. ponies.  Now if they're unique . . . that's a different story . . .

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal