collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite Female Fronted Rock Bands  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
Re: Favorite Female Fronted Rock Bands
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2015, 05:56:27 AM »
Within Temptation is my fave band :) I love their music.

Most people have said what i'd say, but i will say i liked Nightwish even with Anette. In fact one of my fave songs by Nightwish has her on lead vocals :)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 06:20:07 AM »
One of my favourites is an Anette Era song too (The Poet & The Pendulum), but she still ruins it for me.  :P Though I have to admit that she nailed the Mother & Father part.

As a matter of fact, they finally played it with Floor last Sunday, in Texas. I'm dying to hear it, but it seems like nobody filmed it! Argh...! I'm still stalking YouTube. XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »
I don't especially care for female singers but I do like In This Moment and Nightwish.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 05:22:25 PM »
Just curious: Why is this "Annette" person so bad? Did she do something to Nightwish? :s
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Lady_Manson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Black Veil Brides,Blood on The Dance Floor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 10:00:26 PM »
jordan Yeah Jem and The holograms can work
  Yeah You are right Twilight Pink it is The Japan Ozzfest
I like The Pretty Reckless
and Weare the Fallen But I have not heard any of their songs

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2015, 03:37:15 AM »
Just curious: Why is this "Annette" person so bad? Did she do something to Nightwish? :s

Pretty much. It's kind of a long story, but when she joined the band, many people were disappointed because she turned out to be not very skilled, especially live, and especially after someone like Tarja (though she does have lot of fans too).
But that's not the biggest issue; when she was let go from the band three years ago, she took every opportunity she was given to sling mud at the band in very childish ways, including some lies (not that they are angels, but still). To make a long story short, she basically turned into a bitter teenager, giving stabs under water all the time, supporting "Floor Jansen Haters" pages, and so on. It's a shame really, because even people who loved her voice can't bring themselves to support her anymore (my main source for this is the Nightwish forum, but of course there are exceptions).

This pretty much sums it up.  :)

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2015, 06:18:19 AM »

Pretty much. It's kind of a long story, but when she joined the band, many people were disappointed because she turned out to be not very skilled, especially live, and especially after someone like Tarja (though she does have lot of fans too).
But that's not the biggest issue; when she was let go from the band three years ago, she took every opportunity she was given to sling mud at the band in very childish ways, including some lies (not that they are angels, but still). To make a long story short, she basically turned into a bitter teenager, giving stabs under water all the time, supporting "Floor Jansen Haters" pages, and so on. It's a shame really, because even people who loved her voice can't bring themselves to support her anymore (my main source for this is the Nightwish forum, but of course there are exceptions).

*nods* It took me a while to get used to her voice, but now I'm so happy with Floor (she can sing both the songs for Anette and Tarja) :) Plus the Greatest Show on Earth knocked me off my feet. It was so awesome and unexpected.

Btw I also found these bands on my mp3player :P I need to relisten to a lot of these!
Flowing Tears https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMuhmQS6NR8
Edenbridge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHjpjhSJR_c
Sirenia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouZQ7rgAq-I
Lunatica (well not all the songs but still ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5InMgbXvu4E
Visions of Atlantis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdU5Lv4s114
Oh and Unsun ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:39:46 AM by Moonbreeze »

flyawayraven

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2015, 06:48:47 AM »

I'm going to have to politely disagree and would like to offer a counter viewpoint. I am rather fond of both Tarja and Anette stylistically and as people. Honestly, Anette's style is very similar if not the same as Sharon's from Within Temptation so I am rather baffled when people say Anette couldn't sing. Since Tarja and Sharon could pull off an amazing duet, I feel that Anette and Tarja would be equally incredible together.

I think the problem stems more from Anette being such a departure from Tarja's style and people wanting another Tarja, whuch is understandable. I liked the change up of having the unpolished vocals, it gave the music more emotion and relatability to me. Imaginaerum was one of their best albums in my opinion. A lot of people did not feel the same way and Anette got a lot of undeserved hate for simply being who she was. Tuomas, the creative force of the band, felt Anette was the right choice and I'm disappointed that so few people had faith he made the right choice for his music.

But the negativity surrounding Anette and the frankly deplorable behavior by some a vocal percentage of fans and a few people in the Nightwish entourage was just completely unjustified. Fans gleefully hoping Anette would die in the hospital when she got severly ill is no fandom I want to be a part of.

I also admit to being suspicious of any judgement or statement on Anette's character that did not come directly from her and her blog or from Nightwish.

I am glad people enjoy the new album with Floor but after all the drama with this band, it's left a bad taste in my mouth.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:51:01 AM by flyawayraven »

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2015, 08:29:40 AM »
Gosh, I don't even know of many female bands. Most of the bands I love are fronted by men. The only ones I can think of that I like are No Doubt, The Cardigans, K's Choice, and Hole.

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 08:57:42 AM »
Mt Tribble and I just saw night wish in concert (2nd time) and while their performance was flawless,  I'm not a huge fan of their new songs.  They were with Delain who I don't think I saw listed.  They were also with sabaton but it has a male vocalist.

We saw nightwish with Annette and I thought she did an awesome job.  I don't however get into band politics....

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2015, 09:34:22 AM »
flyawayraven:

Even though I'm pretty much on the opposite side when it comes to this, I do have to agree with you about the fanbase. I have never seen a band that has such a messed up fanbase as Nightwish.  -_-

flyawayraven

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »
flyawayraven:

Even though I'm pretty much on the opposite side when it comes to this, I do have to agree with you about the fanbase. I have never seen a band that has such a messed up fanbase as Nightwish.  -_-

Amen! I think that contributes to the craziness. -_- I've noticed when band with female vocalists do a lineup change that people go crazy but nobody bats an eye when male vocalists change. :/

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2015, 11:46:36 AM »
flyawayraven:

Amen! I think that contributes to the craziness. -_- I've noticed when band with female vocalists do a lineup change that people go crazy but nobody bats an eye when male vocalists change. :/
It depends on the band IMO, if they've been together 10+ years and all of a sudden they decide to change out the frontman ofc fans would freak out. I would fly off the Richter scale of Billie Joe Armstrong decides to leave Green Day :L after all, he did create the band...
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »
I don't dislike Anette because of her supposed behaviour (I mean, Toumas pretty much sacked her for being pregnant and wanting time off to be with her newborn and from what I understand Tarja got the foot for also wanting a break to start a family so I don't blame her for going bazonkas). I had a problem with her voice. It didn't belong with that kind of music. Those high notes made her voice too piercing and my ears hurt when I listen to some songs. I don't know if any of you have listened to her solo work but it's pretty good as they're more accomodating to her voice. She's on my Spotify, Imaginarium however is not and only a few songs from Dark Passion Play.

Offline shockponie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2015, 04:54:01 AM »
I love In This Moment. Butcher Babies are pretty cool. No Doubt will always be awesome in my mind. In high school I loved The Distillers. Heheh.

This Tsunami Bomb song :satisfied:
https://youtu.be/ILUDIHIEvto?t=27s
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal