collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: People That Don't Leave Feedback!  (Read 2203 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
People That Don't Leave Feedback!
« on: April 22, 2015, 04:39:54 PM »
I always do my best to leave feedback in a timely manner.

I was curious why one of my buyers hasn't left me any feedback yet and checked her profile.  This woman has had an eBay account for 9 years.  Current rating of 284 with 100% positive.  She has never left feedback for a seller.  Ever.

Wow.  Just.  Wow.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: People That Don't Leave Feedback!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 05:13:01 PM »
I'm not that concerned with it if they're not a new seller. I did it religiously for years, thoughtful ones even, hundreds and hundreds of transactions, and can't make myself do every single one anymore. Sometimes I go through and bulk do it. I recently got a second passive aggressive message from a seller for not leaving feedback (again they were not a new seller), I almost shot them a nasty message back.

No excuse to never leave feedback though..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 05:17:15 PM »
I've established a decent amount of feedback on eBay to the point where I'm not especially bothered if a buyer doesn't leave feedback. I tend to forget to leave feedback (though I do leave it when I remember to).

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 06:00:18 PM »
I've had a buyer that was newer. She had about 30 feedbacks. I checked her feedbacks left for others because I noticed she was only a buyer and not a seller and she hadn't left a single feedback either. None. And she had been a buyer for about a year.

I just don't get why some buyers have to be that way. They are just too solipsistic!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 06:30:23 PM »
I have a buying and a selling account.  Being a seller, and knowing how hard it is, I rarely ever leave negative, unless I have a major, major problem that the seller does not rectify.  Yet I don't feel comfortable leaving them good feedback, so I don't leave any feedback.  I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt ( such as bad packing, but did apologize, or extremely slow and gives a poor reason for it, etc ) but I'm not going to reward them either, but a neutral might as well be a negative, so I just forgo leaving that seller ( or sometimes buyer, since as a seller, I can't leave bad feedback ). 

I've had smart-arsed buyer/sellers jump me for not leaving feedback, in which I will explain the issue and say that I don't feel comfortable in leaving them feedback. 

So far, in the last year, I've only left one negative feedback, but that was because the seller was a major arse and told me he packaged an item correctly, when he most definitely didn't, resulting in damage, and him being highly condescending when he had absolutely no experience with the item he was selling, but acted like he knew more than me!  Yeah, that one had it coming, definitely. 

That said, just out right not leaving feedback for no reason is definitely really crappy and lazy.  I've seen a lot of buyers who only leave bad feedback when they feel jilted for the slightest provocation.  OMG, there was a cat hair on the dress. . .!  I'm allergic!  Or, I didn't get any free stuff with my piddly $10 purchase, and now I'm going to leave a neutral because my tush wasn't sufficiently kissed!  Stuff like that, yeah. 

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 07:11:04 PM »
As a buyer and a trader I always try leave people feedback. I try to leave it in a timely manner. I don't really care if others leave me feedback or not if they do great, if not oh well. If I have forgot to leave feedback I am sorry I try to remember to.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 02:59:12 AM »
I always do my best to leave feedback in a timely manner.

I was curious why one of my buyers hasn't left me any feedback yet and checked her profile.  This woman has had an eBay account for 9 years.  Current rating of 284 with 100% positive.  She has never left feedback for a seller.  Ever.

Wow.  Just.  Wow.

I don't leave feedback for people like that. (I check everyone's feedback, including feedback they left for others.) If I know you're not going to give it to me, you can be sure I won't be doing you any favors. When I receive an order, I contact the seller right away. I let them know I got my order, I'm happy with it, and then I ask if they'd like to trade feedback. No reply? No feedback.

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 03:11:15 AM »
people who don't leave feed back annoy me   too!.

im trying to boost my  feed back score.

sometimes  I'll send the sellers a friendly  message letting them know that ive gotten the item and left feed back as sort of a prompt for them to do the same.

but i dunno  it dose  sometimes  feel wrong to have to ask  or remind them  to  do that tho.

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 06:48:29 PM »
As a seller, I only leave feedback once a buyer has contacted me and let me know they have received their item and are okay with it, or leave feedback for me first.  I never, ever leave feedback simply because buyer has paid, and don't like when sellers leave feedback for me just because I've paid.  I make sure I contact my buyers once their item has been shipped and hope they let me know when it arrives. A transaction should be complete for both sides before any feedback is left, imho.  My responsibility as a buyer doesn't end simply because I've sent a paypal payment.  However, despite my communication, about 60-75% of people (sellers and buyers both) never bother to leave feedback.  That's just the way it is sadly. :(

Silverdawn

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 06:59:43 PM »
I don't leave feedback often, or I do it in one giant bulk sitting of leaving feedback. Do I have a good reason for no doing it? No not really. I quickly buy something from my EBay app and move on. half the time I don't even think about leaving feedback. I don't really care if anyone leaves me feedback either though so for me it's fine. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 04:45:33 AM »
As a seller, I only leave feedback once a buyer has contacted me and let me know they have received their item and are okay with it, or leave feedback for me first.  I never, ever leave feedback simply because buyer has paid, and don't like when sellers leave feedback for me just because I've paid.  I make sure I contact my buyers once their item has been shipped and hope they let me know when it arrives. A transaction should be complete for both sides before any feedback is left, imho.  My responsibility as a buyer doesn't end simply because I've sent a paypal payment.  However, despite my communication, about 60-75% of people (sellers and buyers both) never bother to leave feedback.  That's just the way it is sadly. :(

Silverdawn

I totally agree with you  (aside from I don't mind if a seller leaves me feedback first right after paying even if it's not really the right thing to do until I have the item and I wouldn't do it myself ..ahem..  :P ) . There's no way I leave buyers feedback anymore until they let me know that the item has arrived safely and/or leave me feedback. I used to leave feedback once they had paid (I send all items with tracking/D/C now ) but TBH a lot of people don't bother to leave me feedback even though I know they have their item (I check the tracking etc) and some people have even tried to scam me (despite the proof of delivery!). I do always leave feedback for someone who I bought an item from but only after its arrived and I'm happy with it, regardless if they decide to leave me feedback in return (although I would prefer it if they did! :yikes:  )  I'm pretty fed up as a seller on ebay with people not bothering to leave feedback these days TBH  :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 04:40:23 PM »
I tend to leave feedback once I've received an item, but sometimes I forget because I'm busy and I don't go on Ebay often so it just slips out of my mind, and I don't think Ebay prompts you for very long? I've had the reminder disappear quickly before and had to make a point of going into my purchasing history to find the link to leave feedback. I've also had cases where popular sellers have taken a long time to leave feedback for me, but eh, people have things going on and I think, especially buyers that only buy and don't sell, don't realise how vital feedback is for sellers.

On the extreme, I saw a post on FB last night where a seller advised other members of a group to blacklist a buyer purely because they didn't leave feedback on a recent transaction, but I think that situation says a lot more about the seller than the buyer.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Nebula Light

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 07:12:11 AM »
I tend to leave feedback once I've received an item, but sometimes I forget because I'm busy and I don't go on Ebay often so it just slips out of my mind, and I don't think Ebay prompts you for very long? I've had the reminder disappear quickly before and had to make a point of going into my purchasing history to find the link to leave feedback. I've also had cases where popular sellers have taken a long time to leave feedback for me, but eh, people have things going on and I think, especially buyers that only buy and don't sell, don't realise how vital feedback is for sellers.

I rarely deal with Ebay, and my very little experience there has been sketchy. I usually buy stuff on Amazon because I don't like to bid on things lol. I have been guilty to not leave feedback on Amazon because I get super busy with life and forget.

Does anyone leave feedback on the arena? Or just mainly Ebay?

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 07:32:51 AM »
I try to leave feedback wherever I have a transaction, whether it is eBay, the Arena or the MLPTP. But if I'm the seller, I wait for the buyer to leave feedback first or contact me and let me know the item has arrived. I think if you have time for a transaction then you can spare time for feedback.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 08:13:04 AM »
I leave feedback on the Arena and I try to leave it on Ebay, too, but I tend to do that in bulk since it's easier that way. And I make a point of not leaving feedback for anyone who sends me a crabby message demanding it a couple of days after the auction closes. If they say, "I'd appreciate it if you could leave feedback", no problem there. But it's not nice to demand it. To me that's rude, so that dents the "positive" nature of the transaction.

As a seller and a buyer on Ebay I don't really care if people do or don't leave feedback, so long as I know they got their item and are happy with it/no problems to resolve. That's more important to me. Ditto on the Arena, really...years ago there was the Good Traders site where you could get Elite status for the number of references and positive feedback you had, but the thing is that all these systems are time and location finite (for example, I've been trading ponies and other stuff for what, 17 years, and yet I've only done a few of those through the Arena, so it only shows me with something like +11.  But since I come from the old school method whereby you'd ask for email references and everyone pretty much knew everyone else anyway and scammers were a minority who were policed and stalked by the Pony Community, I don't really mind.)

I think that all I care about really is that I am as good a seller/trader/buyer as I can be in terms of customer service/promptness of payment/honesty/communication, and that the people I trade with/sell to/buy from are happy. To me that's more important than a limited character comment on ebay.

Plus, I don't really trust ebay feedback any more. Since sellers can no longer be honest and leave negatives, you get a warped view of transactions in general. I had a situation with a seller (not pony related) who was selling fake stuff. They were really bad about the whole situation, and I had to go through Ebay customer service many many times to get the refund for the item. Even though they were in breach of Ebay's rules, I wasn't allowed to leave any feedback on the transaction to warn other buyers, because I had had a refund. Having a refund does not = a happy transaction or a positive impression, so I don't think it's all that reliable or worth that much. If Ebay does remove negatives when a refund is given, then how can you possibly get a proper idea of a seller's honesty?

So yeah, Ebay feedback doesn't really bother me any more. I am more diligent in leaving Arena feedback, but if people don't leave it for me, I am not going to hunt them down XD.

It's a personal judgement thing though. I don't think there's a right/wrong.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal