collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Easter Swap 2015 Brags  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Easter Swap 2015 Brags
« on: April 10, 2015, 06:42:47 AM »
I guess I'll start, since my box arrived yesterday (the day before my birthday--yay!).  I knew it was my swap box right away!  Look at the cats, and Italian Parasol, and a Fairy Tails bird!!  Nemubones was my partner and I loved my box!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here is the box opened--I loved the butterflies and ladybugs on the wrapping paper!

There were so many fun extras--a pretty necklace, some minerals for my collection (I think there were quartz, jasper, and sodalite or lapis), and lots of treats.  And a cute Easter card with Twilight Sparkle!

And then the ponies--and FT bird!  Flowerdream is one SHS I have wanted for a while, and Teddi Tails is in superb condition--soft, unfaded pink hair!  So cute!  I opened Sunny Rays last, thinking that the package didn't seem pony-shaped (she was MIB, but didn't survive the box long)--I was so happy when I realized who it was.  I don't collect G4s, but she is one I really wanted to have!

Thank you very much, Nemubones.  This swap box was perfect, and really brightened my day!

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: Easter Swap 2015 Brags
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 06:46:59 AM »
Pinning this thread! I just sent my box out yesterday, but it went priority so should arrive by Monday!  :biggrin:

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline palaisdejouets

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Palace
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 08:21:45 AM »
What an awesome package!!! That SHS pony is to die for!!! I love the illustrations on the box, too.

Fizzy Adoptable by LyraHeartstrings
Visit my tumblrs:
★*. Toy Palace •*. Toys of the '80s ★. OMG Strawberry Shortcake ★*.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 10:44:03 AM »
Swaps are so much fun! congrats! :)

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 10:49:14 AM »
Great first swap box!
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 12:18:35 PM »
Lovely! The Sweetheart Sisters are really pretty and Flowerdream is no exception. She has beautiful colors. Honey Rays is one of my favorite G4. I like her glittery wings so much that I got Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy from this set too--that's saying something, since I was kinda reluctant when I went to buy her. And now I know what those cute little things (FairyTail Birds) actually are. I've kept seeing them but not been sure. They're adorable! Plus, it looks like you got some lovely extras and a good mix of candy. :) (The pictures are making me want StarBurst).

I'd say our swap brags are off to a great start. :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 11:05:12 PM »
Awesome swap, congrats on some great goodies!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 03:03:22 AM »
Wonderful box, and beautiful ponies !
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »
What a beautifully decorated box!  Congrats on your new ponies and pretty FT bird :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 11:21:26 AM »
Yay! An awesome first box :) Congrats guys!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 01:09:26 PM »
Looks like it's my turn, which is great because I got an absolutely fabulous box from Raindrop!

Here is what I saw when I peeked inside:

And here it all is spread out on the table:

The paper had a kinda tissue texture and was actually the sort that you tear when opening. (I find a lot of actual wrap just comes undone). Everything was also held together with pretty ribbons--several of which I kept.

I received a lovely homemade card which had been decorated with the word Easter, eggs and really cool pony stamps. (I'm still sorta sitting here playing 'Guess the pony'.) Inside, Randrop's message let me know that her goal when she put my box together was to pick ponies with special meaning. I can tell you right now,. she totally succeeded. :heart:

Next up were possibly the most amazing G4 stickers I've ever seen. These aren't flat--they actually stick out from the surface they're on. I'll need to think carefully about where I want to use them. (They're too nice to just add to my actual sticker journal, although a few might end up on the front cover.)

I took some time after reading the card and looking at the stickers to divide the remaining presents between pony-shaped / pony feeling ones and 'other' ones. The next thing I opened was a bright pink gift that drew my eye...

...A Butterfinger Egg! I started a thread in off topic a few weeks ago asking people what their favorite Easter candy was and several people mentioned these. I decided I wanted to try one, but I had absolutely zero luck finding them over here. (Odd since we get the actual Butterfinger bar.) So when I'm done making this post, I'm going to open this and eat it! :)

Okay! I think it's time for pony #1...

... It's Chatterbox! (Sweet Talkin' Pony: Pink) :heart: :lovey: :heart:

Chatterbox was my childhood nickname because I tend to talk a lot. (Gee, who would've guessed? :lol: ) She is a beautiful, vibrant shade of pink and has the cutest expression. Her mouth is open--I'm sure the intent was to make her look like she was talking--but coupled with her big blue eyes she looks like she's just been totally surprised. I also love how her eyes have tons of lashes. At first I kinda thought I was making it up, but I put her up next to the other ponies I received and my Sunbeam and Up Up and Away, and yeah--she definitely has them beat in that category. :lol:

And then I opened a long pink package with ribbon at both ends. Inside I found...

Jelly Belly Jellybeans. These won't last long, I can promise you that. :lol: I find this very funny because I was going to buy a bag of them when I was out and forgot. Then I came home, opened my box and there they were. What are the odds?

Time for pony #2...

... It's Coco Berry!! :heart: :lovey: :heart:

What's special about her? (I keep wanting to say -him-... :lol: ) Coco is the name of my dog, who is a pigmented Bichon Frise. (His skin is pink everywhere including around his eyes, on his nose, in his ears, etc. while his fur is pure white.) The moment I saw Coco Berry I immediately thought "That's Coco in Pony form!" because of the way the hair is, and because Coco has pale blue eyes (the same color as Coco Berry's body). The really neat thing is that my new Coco Berry still -smells- the way she should. The fact that this is true almost 30 years after production is amazing.

Next we have...

Cadbury Mini Eggs! I only discovered these this year--again thanks to the Easter thread I started--and now I'm kinda addicted to them! :lol: I'll have to put these somewhere dry and cool so I can have them later when I really want them and the stores aren't carrying them since they're seasonal. (I got a massive bag of them for Easter from my brother and sister-in-law so these are safe...for now. :lol: )

And last, but not least, Pony #3...

... It's Tea Leaf, who happens to be my first G3! :heart: :lovey: :heart:

I'm really excited to have her. Not only is she my first G3, she's my first "Tea" pony. I collect different generations in different ways (or want to, anyway!) and my focus with G3 is that I want certain ponies because they have certain themes. "Tea", here, refers to any generation that has any pony that is tea related, because I got my love of tea from the countless hours I spent drinking it with my grandfather as a kid / teen. So whenever I drink tea, or look at tea related collectibles (and Tea Leaf definitely counts here) I am reminded of him--which is something I always welcome. :)

Raindrop, thank you so much for the absolutely lovely box filled with beautiful, well thought out gifts. You did an outstanding job at picking out things I love and you definitely succeeded in your goal of adding new ponies to my collection that mean a lot to me. :)

To wrap this up, here's a shot of everything / everyone together:

Okay! Time to go eat that Butterfinger Egg! :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:23:25 PM by ladybastilla »

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 10:14:07 PM »
Chatterbox and CocoBerry!  :dribble: So pretty, looks like things are going great for everyone! :good:

Offline Oniontart

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 08:25:16 AM »
I was too excited to wait and totally forgot to take pictures when everything was still wrapped up.
But here's finally the brag picture and many thanks to IreneL for creating a awesome Easterswap box for me :lovey:
I loved everything, all sweet were yummy and little easter decorations were adorable.
And finally I got Sapphire Shores! And now I'm super close to complete my Lullabye Nursery  :happy:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 04:03:52 PM »
Oh so adorable everyone!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 04:51:52 PM »
So glad you liked the box, ladybastilla! 

And Sapphire Shores is so pretty!  I am thinking those nursery blocks might be difficult to track down....  I'm pretty sure my childhood ones got mixed in the bucket with the other alphabet blocks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal