collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scrapbooking/Journaling - Talk about it!  (Read 1842 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Any Scrapbooking/Journaling people here???
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 06:13:34 PM »
I am EXACTLY the same way rofl. Being aware of this fact, when I started my sons baby/scrapbook, I went into it only planning on doing the first year. That seemed to be a reasonable goal and it worked out great xD.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 06:35:32 PM »
I was an avid scrapbooker in high school until I went to college.  I went out-of-state for college so couldn't really take my extensive collection of scrapbooking things with me.  I did brings some things with and was the Historian for my Collegiate Horsemen's Association in which I was required to do scrapbooks with the occasional personal page/book her and there.  I have completed quite a few scrapbooks and have a few in progress.  I hope to continue it more after I graduate in May from nursing school.  I have so many stocked up page ideas and photos.  I actually have storage cubes from Michaels made for papercrafting supplies that I put my stuff in (12 I think? with one still in the box making 13) along with a storage drawer tower and some random scrapbook bags and photoboxes. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 01:37:51 PM »
After a vacation I usually have most of the photos printed, and because I tend to collect anything from that trip (plane tickets, hotel vouchers, bills, receipts, whatever), I stick all of these things into a photo album together. That's kind of scrapbooking, right?
I would love to do some real special things though, but I have never tried (even though I have accumulated lots of stuff already).
I have also started to have digital photos printed into real books, and I want to organize these according to years. I am scanning some souvenir material to include there as well, but it's a slow process (and very expensive).

That definitely counts as Scrapbooking, lol.  That's pretty much how I started out too, I keep EVERYTHING from vacations.  I have brochures and flyers and ticket stubs and all kinds of craziness.

I am EXACTLY the same way rofl. Being aware of this fact, when I started my sons baby/scrapbook, I went into it only planning on doing the first year. That seemed to be a reasonable goal and it worked out great xD.

Hahaha, I'm glad it's not just me!  I'm hoping to at least be able to keep up with the first  year.  So far I've just kept all kinds of bits and bobs, but I have at least bought a book now, and I'm getting my supplies back from my mom tonight.  Baby steps!

I'll take a picture of my mess tonight, and maybe some of my completed pages. 

Post Merge: March 10, 2015, 06:52:17 AM

Here are some pics, just because there aren't enough pics on this thread

I might have gone a bit overboard shopping for supplies for my baby scrapbook....

Here's SOME of my paper in my rolling cart...I usually buy stacks, and I really want to go through all of it and tear it out and separate it by color.

bits and bobs, just thrown in a plastic box

And just for fun...working on page one last night
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:52:17 AM by barbgirl1999 »

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Scrapbooking/Journaling - Talk about it!
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 05:28:50 PM »
There is no such thing as going overboard on scrapbooking supplies. Well, I hope not. I love what you've done so far. What a cutie!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 10:32:53 PM »
I just recently bought a scrapbook and items to help make pages. It's a pretty book with the sleeping beauty castle on it. I bought it to do a disney themed scrapbook since my fiancé and I will soon be annual passholders and I gave her her engagement ring there in December. I thought it'd be a fun "theme" for a scrapbook :).

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 02:19:37 PM »
I'm a lazy scrapbooker - I REALLY enjoy it once I get going, but I'm a procrastinator, so I am forever finding reasons NOT to do it.  My main excuse is that I just hate pulling all the stuff out and putting it back up because my storage system is not so much a "system" as it is a "HOT MESS."   :P

I'm a lot like this too. I have bajillions of journals, paper, stickers, etc. all over the place but I rarely sit down and do anything with them. I actually do have a storage system -- I got some 8 1/2 x 11'' plastic boxes for holding sheets of fancy paper (got these at Family Dollar of all places!), and I have some Tupperware containers that I once got for free as a gift for hosting a Tupperware party -- I use these containers to store crafty things like stickers, duct tape, ribbon, etc. And then all of these bins are piled "neatly" (you MIGHT call them neat) under a table in my living room (the table has a little shelf under it).

Offline SilverHealer

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I love lamp!
    • View Profile
    • Goddess Within
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 06:50:05 AM »
I do digital scrapbooking for photos and I seem to be able to do that a lot more easily than I do smash books/art journalling.  Smash books are kind of like what scrapbooking was originally about! I put in photos, tickets, receipts, ephemera, stickers and more, and it's kind of a pain but it's also a lot of fun :)

I wish I had pics!! My living situation changed drastically six months ago and it's just changed again, and I'm going to be in limbo for the next year.  Right now I'm just using cute storage bins for my supplies!

[ adoptables from pixel forum GLAM! | Av by SDS ]

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 07:38:25 PM »
I journal personally.  Less fuss been doing it since like 2003 though honestly I've slacked the past two years.  Life's been a bit boring these days.  Occassionally I'll take scraps and old drawings and assemble them into photo album pages for posterity or something.  I guess that's like scrap booking?  I should finish that before I totally forget what year I drew this or that.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2015, 08:16:13 AM »
Does anyone have an art journal or a creative writing journal? I'd love to start a creative writing journal but I'm sort of at a loss as to how to start.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 02:30:07 PM »
I actually STARTED on my baby boy scrapbook this week...shocking.  Granted, I only did the first page and the first layout, but hey, it's a start!

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 06:30:48 PM »
I have tons of scrapbooking stuff... have been into it for probably about 10 years now! I go in spurts, really creative, and then I slack of for a while. I used to scrapbook a lot with a friend, we'd get a lot done during our hangouts!

I've sorta branched off into doing Project Life (a pocket system using page protectors with pockets where you can just slip in photos and journaling cards), but I'm almost too much of a perfectionist, so I leave a lot of stuff unfinished because it's not quite perfect... I hesitate to do writing in it because I'm not the biggest fan of my own hand writing! I also love putting in ticket stubs and mementos from different things I've done, coasters, packaging, coffee sleeves etc (at least I have intentions of doing these kinds of projects!)

Here is a super lazy pic of my current storage (most of it). It's a raskog cart from Ikea. Read about in on pinterest under project life storage and thought it would improve my life. Now I just have this bulky cart that doesn't fit anywhere!  :P

Top shelf is the storage thing that I started out with, lots of pockets for paper, sticker, tools etc, so I've got some pens, stamps, scissors, ribbon, stencils etc, as well as a fair bit of paper and sticker sheets!
Second shelf has some trays from Ikea that hold photos, project life cards, embellishments, tools like corner punch, exacto knife, ruler etc.
Third shelf has a bin that was storage for another project and now contains alphabet stickers, some cards and other embellishments...

I love scrapbooking, it's just frustrating as right now I don't have a space to do it, so it's a lot of work unpacking and repacking everything when I want to work on it...

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 07:48:42 PM »
I love the idea of scrapbooking and all the lovely supplies that come with it but I've never been able to finish the couple of projects I've started. A few years ago I discovered "Smashbooks" from K&Company at a craft store while I was browsing scrapbook stuff. They're spiral bound books that come in different themes (like nature, wedding, travel, etc) and the papers inside are scrapbook papers (but heavier) based on that theme. They come with a marker that has a glue stick on the end. I find they're more my speed as I already have the paper set and bound into a volume, I just have to add in what I want. I use them to save things like magazine clippings, movie tickets, photos, ephemera, or just for writing things down. I like the size- not too big but big enough to fit the things I want to save. I like a lot of the accessories in their line too like the little pockets you can get to store things in. They're perfect for the lazier crafter like me :D

My storage system is pretty boring, I just use two boxes that were meant to store scrapbook paper and another plastic box to store my stickers, tapes, etc.

I have to stay out of craft stores because all of the scrapbook goodies are too tempting for me! I keep telling myself I need to use up what I already have first lol.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 07:51:18 PM by flying_narwhal »

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 11:01:33 AM »
I LOVE that Ikea cart...but I have nowhere to put it, lol.  I need to do some rearranging in my spare room and make space for my crafting. 

And I have seen the Smash Books before too, those are awesome.  I've never done one, but I've looked at them numerous times, hahaha. 

Here are a few pics...just because. 

I absolutely have to put a towel down on the table when I start scrapping because I'm a terror with spray adhesive, LOL!  I will get that stuff everywhere.

My page 1...that I messed up and have since gone back and corrected.

~Rodan+Fields~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal