collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Figures Shining Armor Princess Cadence and Spike!!  (Read 28133 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: NEW Funko Vinyl Figures Shining Armor Princess Cadence and Spike!!
« Reply #345 on: June 07, 2015, 02:18:42 PM »
So im at A-kon 26 and someone on friday had a glitter Princess Luna for only $50 ..... GUESS who bought her!!!!! (*´∀`)

will load up pictures later when im fully settled back home, but i do have pictures on my IG @sprinklecupcakepuff
  WOW SCORE !!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congrats
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 07, 2015, 02:49:11 PM »
Moonbeam has a great example of how she has hers displayed showing how they don't take up much room. Eily Also has a great setup against a wall stacked up. I still think 15 build a bears would take up an entire room, and zilla ponies, etc are much larger. Moonbeam can you post that photo I saw on your instagram?

You really can't handle any kind of negative feedback when it comes to Funko ponies, can you? You're acting like everyone collects the same things and has the same amount of room. I don't collect fashion ponies and don't won a single bab pony. Even than you can just toss one of those on your bed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 07, 2015, 03:49:29 PM »
Ok...can we all take a deep breath please.

Some people love these toys, some people dont, some people are a bit of both. However ALL sides have the right to comment and the right to their opinion without someone else popping up and telling them their opinion is wrong.

Back on the discussion of the releases (including why you like and why you dont) without disrespecting one anothers opinions or commenting aggressively against one another...or I will just lock this.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 07, 2015, 04:01:12 PM »
I just have alotta clutter in my room which limits space for Funkos :P alas, that won't stop me from buying em. I'll just end up putting the MLP character someplace convenient in the meanwhile  ^.^

I want Spike, but my boyfriend hates Spike  :blink: sure he's annoying, but Spike isn't going to live with dear boyfriend XD he's coming to stay with me! ;)
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 07, 2015, 11:15:52 PM »
Technically since Rainbowdash is missing her orange stripe they are not all accurate. Also, so far Funko has only made two boys and Hasbro has them pretty much beat with they amount of G1 boys they made. And Funkos take up more space than G1s due to their sculpted hair and hats(in the case of Trixie and Daring).

She has her orange stripe and besides Rainbow was the first Funko pony to come out so really she was just a test for the line, they have improved so much since them in the accuracy realm. The Hikari ones coming out are even more accurate. Two boys? More like 5 boys now Dr Whooves, Big Mac, Shining Armor, Discord, and Spike. Funko ponies only been around 2-3 years right now while G1 was out for 10 years and didn't even have boys until year 5 I believe? By then who know how many more boys we will have. depending on how you arrange them you can line them up very easily, I think its silly that people think space is such an issue with them, they are nothing compared to build a bear, zillas, fashion styles, styling, plushies, etc. 10 build a bears takes up the space of like 100 Funko ponies atleast.

Well someone on another Funko board mentioned that Rainbowdash was missing something....Honestly, there are so many complaints about accuracy that they all just kind of blur together at this point.

As for the boys, I do not count Discord and Spike as boys because they are not ponies. While it is true that Hasbro did not have boys until year 7 or so the time does not matter to me, so much as the amount and at the moment Hasbro has Funko beat.

It is not silly at all to mention how much space these guys take up because they do take up a lot and if you like to get as much space as possible on your shelf as I do setting them as close together as possible is hard to do when one has a huge hat like Trixie and Daring have. I try to use up every inch of space that I can when displaying things and it frustrates me when I can't due to silly hats (I love you Trixie, but seriously....).

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #350 on: June 08, 2015, 12:45:44 AM »
Um, guys? I kinda just popped in here, but why would we argue about Hasbro vs. Funko, anyway? Hasbro licensed the characters to Funko. They're all ponies. The Funko ponies are just a line of MLP that some people like to collect for various reasons, and some people don't want for various reasons... just like any other line (BBE, SS, TE, etc.).

Anyway, I only have 1 Funko (full size; I do have a few mystery minis) -- I don't have a problem with them; I just don't have any stores around me that sell them, and I'm more able to restrain myself when shopping online. ;) But I might have trouble resisting that Spike! :D Now if only they would make a mini of Spike (which I'm sure they will eventually).

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 08, 2015, 01:15:42 AM »
I don't see an argument.... just a discussion on Funkos and space.

I wonder who's next in the Funko pony line though.
I hope its not a SDCC Queen Chrysalis ._.
Oh no!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #352 on: June 08, 2015, 05:05:36 AM »
Smile time, cuz ive got pictures to share!
(^_-)-☆

^all the stuff i bought lolol

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 08, 2015, 07:07:46 AM »
Um, guys? I kinda just popped in here, but why would we argue about Hasbro vs. Funko, anyway? Hasbro licensed the characters to Funko. They're all ponies. The Funko ponies are just a line of MLP that some people like to collect for various reasons, and some people don't want for various reasons... just like any other line (BBE, SS, TE, etc.).

Anyway, I only have 1 Funko (full size; I do have a few mystery minis) -- I don't have a problem with them; I just don't have any stores around me that sell them, and I'm more able to restrain myself when shopping online. ;) But I might have trouble resisting that Spike! :D Now if only they would make a mini of Spike (which I'm sure they will eventually).

I was wondering the same thing. It's silly to argue Hasbro vs Funko when I'm pretty sure Funko has to have the characters approved by Hasbro in order to make them.  It's not like they're in competition. :lol:

My biggest issue with these figures is that Hot Topic gets exclusivity on them first. I wish other stores would offer to get them before HT does.
Instagram / Want List

Offline nogames

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 08, 2015, 08:04:47 PM »

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 08, 2015, 08:54:33 PM »

I had a feeling  CMC were next, so adorbs! :biggrin: I wonder if they'll be packaged together :P
Oh no!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #356 on: June 08, 2015, 08:59:46 PM »

I was right :)
CMC are next :) awesome
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 08, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »
Oh!  They are super cute!  They probably will be sold individually at a lower (i.e. POP!) price

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Funko Vinyl Figures Shining Armor Princess Cadence and Spike!!
« Reply #358 on: June 08, 2015, 10:05:01 PM »
That's cool! CMC.... I hope they are small!

EDIT: I felt like my question was too sassy so I'm rephrasing it!  :blush: I was wondering if Glitter Luna is still really rare or sought-after? I cannot find her on eBay and was curious if she is still special or not.

I'm going to post pictures of glitter and normal version of moon butt tomorrow, I hope its alright??  :blush:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:00:45 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Funko Vinyl Figures Shining Armor Princess Cadence and Spike!!
« Reply #359 on: June 08, 2015, 10:09:45 PM »
Oh totally forgot to congratulate you! You got an amazing deal on her she is super HTF right now!

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal