collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Figures Shining Armor Princess Cadence and Spike!!  (Read 28136 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: NEW Funko Vinyl Figures Shining Armor Princess Cadence and Spike!!
« Reply #330 on: June 02, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »
@Galactica but Funkos are the same size as G1s! Thats one of the coolest things about them plus they make boys, htf ponies, accurate ponies, and cutie marks on both sides everything that hasbro is missing. To display in boxes they do take up quite a bit of room especially if you collect them all however if you display out of box they don't take up much room at all especially if you display them like people display G1 ponies lots of times lined up. Funko ponies are one of my all time favorites they feel like G1 to me I love how they look exactly like the animation since I love FIM. I am so looking forward to more characters and the Hikari line I ope to get all the villains at some point from them. I do hope with the mystery mini line and the vinyl line that we start to see more poses too, however I like the pose they are in a lot so I'm fine with it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:14:13 PM by Aquatic Neon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 03, 2015, 08:27:45 AM »
Yes! I was so thrilled to realize the size similarities between the big Funko Ponies and G1s! Thats what really sealed the deal for me on G1s. And the FS G4 brushables are on par as well!
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 03, 2015, 10:10:16 AM »
@Galactica but Funkos are the same size as G1s! Thats one of the coolest things about them plus they make boys, htf ponies, accurate ponies, and cutie marks on both sides everything that hasbro is missing. To display in boxes they do take up quite a bit of room especially if you collect them all however if you display out of box they don't take up much room at all especially if you display them like people display G1 ponies lots of times lined up. Funko ponies are one of my all time favorites they feel like G1 to me I love how they look exactly like the animation since I love FIM. I am so looking forward to more characters and the Hikari line I ope to get all the villains at some point from them. I do hope with the mystery mini line and the vinyl line that we start to see more poses too, however I like the pose they are in a lot so I'm fine with it.

Funko ponies take up more room because their hair is big and molded. Brushable hair takes up a lot less space.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 03, 2015, 10:24:21 AM »
I do hope with the mystery mini line and the vinyl line that we start to see more poses too

While the pose is fine, it's a bit boring to have the same pose for a bunch of different Funko figures.  I'd rather stick with the regular vinyls and their glitter chase counterparts from now on.  I'm selling off my other Funko ponies (black repaints, mystery minis) due to the monotony of their poses, but it's a personal thing.  I'd just rather see some variety when it comes to that, but I'm at least thankful that Funko gives us a variety of characters.

This is also why I'm so excited for the Hikari line.  As much as I love Rainbow Dash, I hope we see other characters (which is likely, since other series seem to get at least two characters) because the dynamic pose is awesome!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »

Technically since Rainbowdash is missing her orange stripe they are not all accurate. Also, so far Funko has only made two boys and Hasbro has them pretty much beat with they amount of G1 boys they made. And Funkos take up more space than G1s due to their sculpted hair and hats(in the case of Trixie and Daring).

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2015, 09:04:07 PM »
Technically since Rainbowdash is missing her orange stripe they are not all accurate.

Am I missing something here?

That was just taken by me, btw.  I went to look at my figure, because this isn't the first time someone has complained about the lack of orange in Rainbow Dash's hair and it's been baffling me.  I will say that the blue bit in the front of her hair is off, also this is the first run RD figure, so her eyes aren't right, but I do recall them going back and fixing that for her second release.  I'm not saying Funko is 100% accurate all the time, but... the orange is definitely there, also they do seem to care about accuracy.  They went and gave :muffin: the correct amount of bubbles for her cutie mark after people noticed her first run didn't have the right number.  You gotta give them some credit, they do try.

Meanwhile, Hasbro still can't be bothered to give Rainbow Dash all 6 colors in her mane for the brushables...
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #336 on: June 04, 2015, 06:13:46 AM »
Technically since Rainbowdash is missing her orange stripe they are not all accurate. Also, so far Funko has only made two boys and Hasbro has them pretty much beat with they amount of G1 boys they made. And Funkos take up more space than G1s due to their sculpted hair and hats(in the case of Trixie and Daring).

She has her orange stripe and besides Rainbow was the first Funko pony to come out so really she was just a test for the line, they have improved so much since them in the accuracy realm. The Hikari ones coming out are even more accurate. Two boys? More like 5 boys now Dr Whooves, Big Mac, Shining Armor, Discord, and Spike. Funko ponies only been around 2-3 years right now while G1 was out for 10 years and didn't even have boys until year 5 I believe? By then who know how many more boys we will have. depending on how you arrange them you can line them up very easily, I think its silly that people think space is such an issue with them, they are nothing compared to build a bear, zillas, fashion styles, styling, plushies, etc. 10 build a bears takes up the space of like 100 Funko ponies atleast.

For Sale Wants

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 04, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »
I can see where people are coming from on the space issue. Funkos are sensitive, you can't squish funko ponies together or else something may break off. whilst the plastic made from regular MLPs, so if you have to squish em together on one shelf, go for it. Same with Build A Bears (mine reside on my bed :P and Funko ponies would be the LAST thing I want sleeping with me XD)
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 04, 2015, 03:56:00 PM »
Funkos can take up a lot of space, for reasons others have already mentioned. It also doesnt help that even their boxes have different sizes, depending on the pony/discord.
Plus, they are definitely something I would be afraid to have on display out of their box in fear of accidentally knocking them over and breaking.  If you known over a brushable, you won't nearly panic as much.
I admit that I have sold off most of my Funkos, save for two of them, because of lack of space. but that is admittedly in part because I also collect anime nendoroids/figmas and their boxes take up space as well...

I do give Funko props for doing male ponies/characters. Outside of Shining Armor, has there been any other brushable male G4 pony that's been released (or soon to)?
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #339 on: June 04, 2015, 04:43:22 PM »
Moonbeam has a great example of how she has hers displayed showing how they don't take up much room. Eily Also has a great setup against a wall stacked up. I still think 15 build a bears would take up an entire room, and zilla ponies, etc are much larger. Moonbeam can you post that photo I saw on your instagram?

For Sale Wants

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 04, 2015, 08:46:15 PM »
This is my setup right now (the glitters are packed away for the move):

I do agree that they take up a lot of room though, especially if you keep them in their boxes.  I'll probably have to dedicate one whole side of my pony room in the new house to Funko ponies. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 05, 2015, 05:54:56 PM »
I definitely need to ditch the packaging- it is surprisingly painful though! Lol
I'm sure I won't be able to resist any new installments.  I wouldn't mind though if they mixed up the pose a bit mre however.

Seems like it has been a long time since we've seen any new ones? Maybe there will be something new and special for SDCC...

Niksilp

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #342 on: June 07, 2015, 03:26:09 AM »
I had to take mine out of their boxes to display them because they were taking up too much space. I stored the boxes and plastic in some storage bins, and now the only ones I have in-box still are the few glitters that I have.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #343 on: June 07, 2015, 03:45:29 AM »
So im at A-kon 26 and someone on friday had a glitter Princess Luna for only $50 ..... GUESS who bought her!!!!! (*´∀`)

will load up pictures later when im fully settled back home, but i do have pictures on my IG @sprinklecupcakepuff

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 07, 2015, 11:57:45 AM »
Ugh, Funkos vs space... I will finally have my ponies out of storage next month and I'm really debating whether to keep my Funkos or not. I love them and the way I display them they don't take up tons of space but I won't have a spare room to myself like I did at my last place and I just don't know if I want ponies taking up Several bookcases in my smaller house. I have other collectibles I know I will downsize before them but it's going to be difficult I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal