collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: EBay tracked package...a little upset! - UPDATE 2/9  (Read 1970 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
EBay tracked package...a little upset! - UPDATE 2/9
« on: February 06, 2015, 03:54:31 PM »
OK, so I bought some ponies off eBay on Jan. 29. And eBay gave me an estimated date that it was supposed to arrive, which was yesterday (Feb. 5) because the seller printed online postage. Well, today's the 6th and they still haven't arrived.

So, I decided to check the tracking to see where the ponies might be, especially since people have been complaining that their packages have been traveling all over the place lately. Guess what? I check the tracking number and it hasn't even been accepted yet by USPS!!!!!!! The label was printed a week ago yet it hasn't even been shipped! I am upset right now. I know now that my seller is trying to throw me off, trying to make me think it's USPS's fault that the package is so slow when I know it's them that's slow. I did send them a message telling them I noticed they printed out a label on the 29th and noticed it hasn't been shipped yet and asking them when it would be shipped.

When/If I do receive my ponies, what kind of feedback should I leave? They have great seller feedback - 100%. Their stars aren't perfect but most of their feedback says fast shipping. They don't say anything in the auction about it taking a week to ship anything out or only ships on Saturdays, etc., so I'm at a little bit of a loss here about how to handle it.

Edit: The seller replied to me saying he shipped out the package priority on Monday (3 business days after the label was printed). It's coming from the west coast and I live in the East, but it's supposed to take priority 2-3 days.....

And he says the tracking isn't showing up for a few of his other packages. Well if he's telling the truth, you only have a couple days to mail it once a label is printed. So that could account for why there's no tracking info I guess. It just all seems a little strange.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:48:50 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: EBay tracked package...a little upset!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 07:02:34 PM »
I know with a few of my packages, even 2 days after they've been picked up by my mail lady, they still say they haven't been picked up.  Then suddenly, they're delivered the next day.  *shrugs* The tracking doesn't seem to be perfect.

Silverdawn

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 07:13:43 PM »
Hmm, that's weird. :huh: As a fellow Ebay seller/buyer, I sometimes get the sense that Priority Mail isn't the greatest. I don't know why; it just seems to be slow. Maybe that also has something to do with the delay? But I would have been upset at first, too, to think that it hadn't even been shipped yet.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 03:47:10 AM »
:(  That's pretty frustrating! he could be telling the truth though wilh all the tracking update issues lately. Also there is bad weather ATM  that can slow things down too. I think you should know soon if he was telling the truth and its the PO's fault. Please keep us updated  :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 06:06:32 AM »
What's frustrating is I can't track it! He printed the label way sooner than he should have if he wasn't planning to ship it. This is what he said in his message to me:

"Greetings no I did ship it already I shipped it Monday and I'm having the same issue with a few other packages the tracking is not working I'm just hoping it will be there very soon I sent it priority. Sorry and thanks"

So, hopefully, it will be here soon like he says.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 08:46:16 AM »
sometimes Tracking does not show up at all  until is delivered :(
just how USPS rolls :( even on Priority.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 09:37:05 AM »
I can see why your frustrated but I wouldn't worry. USPS is a dang nightmare right now. I know my mailman picks up my packages at my front porch everyday and last week he didn't scan not one of them. I suppose I am going to have to take it up with him this week but he is supposedly only filling in because my mailman retired. Perhaps this is something he has encountered himself?? Plus if you are on the east coast, there has been some very inclement weather we have all been encountering, the delay could also be that.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 11:15:43 AM »
I'm not on the East coast. I'm in Ohio. In the East. The weather has been fine here. Just cold.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 11:19:54 AM »
I was going through this and was so angry that my contact lenses was prepared for shipment a week ago and still not shipped (from Iowa). Got a sudden update that it was in Ohio. But more problems came anyway, they sent it to the wrong zip code (even though my address was correct on the order) and it arrived at my post office today after the mail ran so I'm not able to get it til Monday. -_- Postage can be so annoying.

But yes, a lot of the time it doesn't update til late in the game for some reason.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 11:23:31 AM »
I got my mail today and still nothing.... I've gotten packages that were shipped later than this seller claims already. So I'm still not trusting the fact that my seller is telling the full truth. I'll find out once I receive it though.

Offline silverdawn

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 03:06:13 PM »
I did once buy two items from the same seller and for whatever reason, the package he sent second showed up a week before the first package I ordered.  Both postmarked when they were stated to have been shipped.  The poor seller had done nothing wrong, but the tracking, for whatever reason, showed the first package stuck at whatever place (forget where) for almost a week after I'd received my second item.   I have no idea about your person, but just remember, as a seller, we have no control over the packages once we send them.   I have two packages right now that haven't arrived on the estimated date.  One is off by a day, another is off by two, and it's really not that uncommon.  A little patience and understanding can go a long way when the postal system is involved! :)

Silverdawn

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 03:16:04 PM »
But, silver dawn, you had TRACKING!!!! I have nothing! No package, no tracking, just info that the label was printed 4 days before it was actually sent according to what the seller claims.

Offline silverdawn

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 03:29:27 PM »
Lol, sometimes I don't have tracking though.  And it looks as though the pony hasn't shipped at all, and then the next day it shows up at my door.  It's happened more than once.  Hopefully you should be okay. :)

Silverdawn

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 03:32:31 PM »
I've never had it happen to me, not in selling or buying when it has supposed to have tracking. I guess that's why it's so frustrating.

Edit: I just checked tracking now. And it says the package was accepted in California yesterday - the day I asked the seller about it. It was processed through his sort facility TODAY. The tracking seems to be working fine all of a sudden after the seller claimed he sent it Monday but it didn't get accepted until I after I asked him about it. Funny how that works....

Apparently I'm not upset for no reason.

{merged posts} PL
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:49:08 PM by ponylady »

Offline silverdawn

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 03:41:02 PM »
Yah, and it's not the best situation that the seller printed on Thursday and then didn't sent out until Monday either. :(  Sometimes if a buyer pays me on Friday and then wants to bid on auctions ending on Sunday, I've held onto something, but with the power seller thing, you have to ship within 1 business day, so the weekend is the only real grace I have as far as holding onto items after they've been paid for.  Call me nuts, but there's something very satisfying for me about getting a paid-for package out the door and on its way! :)  I'd much rather have it out the door then sitting on my table! I've got my fingers crossed that everything turns out okay for you Bluerose!

Silverdawn

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal