collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Let's get an idea for this year's date!  (All dates listed here are on Saturdays)

Late July (e.g. the 18th or 25th)
2 (14.3%)
Early August (e.g. August 1st, 8th, 15th)
1 (7.1%)
August 22nd (MN RenFest begins!)
2 (14.3%)
August 29th (MN State Fair - first Saturday; Furry Migration con weekend)
2 (14.3%)
September 5th (MN State Fair - last Saturday)
7 (50%)
Other dates?  Post about it!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: 2015 MN Pony Meet: September 5th in Bloomington! (FIRST PAGE INFO UPDATED 9/4!)  (Read 13573 times)

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
Re: 2015 Minnesota Pony Meet - September 5th in Bloomington, MN!
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2015, 10:18:51 AM »
Yeah I need to know where because I want hotel close

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Minnesota Pony Meet - September 5th in Bloomington, MN!
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2015, 07:06:13 PM »
SilverGlade, how much room is there for card tables? Compared to last year, for example. I can either bring a normal-sized card table or a big ol' folding table from a church basement, or some combination of the two. I just want to be sure there's room for whatever I decide to bring! I'm ok with being outside, as long as it isn't a pouring rain. I've got pretty much everyone in plastic bags just so I don't have to keep combing them to keep them pretty for sale, so if they get a few sprinkles on them it is ok.
Wait- do you have a clothesline? Can I call dibs on the clothesline? That would be an amazing way to display these ponies! I'll even bring my own clothespins! If not, I will figure something out. I'm actually a little excited about trying to figure something like a clothesline out. I wonder if my husband feels like doing some strange creating?

Hey Aurora!  I have room for both tables - bring whichever you like, or both!  I don't have a clothesline, but I do have a wheeled clothes rack that you may be able to use.  :)  Ponies wouldn't be on eye level though, if that's important to you. 

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Sorry if this has been stated before, but has anybody come up with an exact address yet? This meet is looking more possible for me. (excited horse sound)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
I can PM you Sapphire Rain!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Me, my husband & 2 kids are coming.  Not sure how long we'll stay, the kids behavior will dictate that for us, lol!!

Offline wizzer218

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
are we having an art contest and other contests like last year???...I started a drawing already =)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
I am planning on bringing some prizes for the prize table.  What are the guidelines for the prizes (price range, generations?). 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Wow this thread really took off! Now that I'm all caught up, lets see if I can mention everything that needs mentioning...

First off, definitely coming this year! My requested vacation day was approved, so I'm good to go there. :)

I have a cart table (or two) that I can bring with me - both are 2x6, I think? I'll have to check.

Food wise, I have a pack of frozen chicken legs I can bring for an entree - they've been in the freezer for the entire summer, so I doubt my mother will care - especially since she's been eating dinner at her boyfriend 5 nights out of 7 during the week. ;) They'd have to be cooked at the meet, though. Otherwise, I can make a tuna salad or tuna casserole - both are fairly easy (the tuna salad has tomatos, cucumber, sliced hard-boiled eggs, and a mayo/mustard sauce while the casserole has cream of mushroom soup, mixed vegetables (usually a bag of peas and carrots) and potato chips to crush and crumble on top; both have onions, green peppers, tuna (of course) and pasta; can't recall the spices off the top of my head - I'll check with Mom before the meet, though (she's in Nebraska right now)).

I'm trying not to buy any ponies right now, as I over-spent on them last year (please note, good luck for me, hay? XD ), but I do have some items I'll be bringing with me to sell:

G3 ponies - MIB, unboxed (mostly) and ponyville
G3 playsets - including at least one of the castles, if anyone's interested? (I'd rather not have to mail them. n__n; )
G1 ponies and accessories (provided I have time to sort the rest of it! My accessories are pretty much done (I hope), it's just the ponies that I need to finish sorting through)
Custom ponies G1, G3 and G4; I have a convention the weekend before that I'll be selling customs at though, so I don't know who I'll have left afterwards)
G1, G3 and G4-themed jewelry

... It's kinda sad that a lot of this hinges on my being able to take the time to get so much done. :yikes:

Oh, I shall also need the address PM'd to me, please! :D

2 weeks to go! Wheee~! :silly:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
SilverGlade, how much room is there for card tables? Compared to last year, for example. I can either bring a normal-sized card table or a big ol' folding table from a church basement, or some combination of the two. I just want to be sure there's room for whatever I decide to bring! I'm ok with being outside, as long as it isn't a pouring rain. I've got pretty much everyone in plastic bags just so I don't have to keep combing them to keep them pretty for sale, so if they get a few sprinkles on them it is ok.
Wait- do you have a clothesline? Can I call dibs on the clothesline? That would be an amazing way to display these ponies! I'll even bring my own clothespins! If not, I will figure something out. I'm actually a little excited about trying to figure something like a clothesline out. I wonder if my husband feels like doing some strange creating?

Hey Aurora!  I have room for both tables - bring whichever you like, or both!  I don't have a clothesline, but I do have a wheeled clothes rack that you may be able to use.  :)  Ponies wouldn't be on eye level though, if that's important to you. 

Eye level isn't that important, how about little pokey holes in your lawn? I have some of those plant-climby things that would poke 2-4 holes about the size of a pencil into your lawn- I never notice the holes when I've pulled the trellis out again. Would these be ok to bring? Like I said I have tables, but I'm really liking the idea of hanging the ones in bags!

I think it would be a good time to pm the address to everyone, so we know where we are going.

Hooray, less than two weeks!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
this weekend need to get busy pricing things out. hard to believe it is so close. are we doing the 10-15  dollar exchange again?? and the dice game to bring prizes for that again??

Offline wizzer218

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
I think this thread is a bit behind.....lol....I am a tad worried......I need time to find stuff to bring if there are going to be contests or games.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am getting stressed =)

Offline Nimrodel

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
I can PM you Sapphire Rain!

May I get the address too, please?  :)  And it will be my husband and myself.  So Nimrodel +1  :-D

I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker - J. Alfred Prufrock

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I'm planning on bringing a $10 or so gift for the swap. I haven't decided what it will be yet, but I'm confident I can pull something together.

For anyone who doesn't know what it is- bring a wrapped gift, approx $10 in value, and we trade presents. It's a swap without anything specific. The gifts can be anything, but pony-related is the best since we are all here for ponies!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
i will be coming, but i'm not sure i'll be staying a super long time or not. i did get the snacks, which are sweet, and will try to bring some potato chips or something like that too.
i have a gluten allergy, but it seems there are plenty of things i should be ok eating.

i might brings some g1's i have left over and a few customs and plush examples, if i can get the others done.
but i'm not bringing much in the way of trading i guess. not looking for anything major, and since i'm currently in two private swaps i probably shouldn't be shopping much right now anyway. XP sad face.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal