collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Let's get an idea for this year's date!  (All dates listed here are on Saturdays)

Late July (e.g. the 18th or 25th)
2 (14.3%)
Early August (e.g. August 1st, 8th, 15th)
1 (7.1%)
August 22nd (MN RenFest begins!)
2 (14.3%)
August 29th (MN State Fair - first Saturday; Furry Migration con weekend)
2 (14.3%)
September 5th (MN State Fair - last Saturday)
7 (50%)
Other dates?  Post about it!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: 2015 MN Pony Meet: September 5th in Bloomington! (FIRST PAGE INFO UPDATED 9/4!)  (Read 13570 times)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Minnesota Pony Meet - September 5th in Bloomington, MN!
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2015, 07:30:11 AM »
No? I said Freeborn. :0

Actually, that's good. I've been trying to imagine which house you live in, and all sorts of crazy plans of leaving ponies sitting in the driveway... so now I can stop that. I figured maybe you said Freeborn because it is a little bigger than Matawan, and there was a better chance I would know where it was. Freeborn is still really close. And if it is ok with your family, I am perfectly happy to carpool to the pony meet. I might not have any guests at all now, so my car should have lots of room.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2015, 10:57:02 AM »
HA HA that would be amazing...like, just getting those gift bags + leaving ponies in each others' driveways.
We could make it a thing!

I'll have to ask but? It's tomorrow right? I think tomorrow is when my dad has a dentist appointment, I will ask though. + Also my mom may come with in the case he can't. I don't think they'd be comfortable with me going w/out one of them lol even though I'm 18. So no promises but BOY will I try.

Even if I can't come w/ you to the meet we should definitely meet up IRL sometime.  :devious:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2015, 08:11:33 PM »
Hey all!  I'm keeping track of the guest list - I've been super busy with work and prepping the house for the meet that I've been neglecting the planning process!  D'oh!   :blush:

I will most definitely post an ongoing guest list tomorrow - and also get a food planner started.  I'd like any and all input on games too - what did people enjoy most last year?  I know the dice game was popular!  Would anyone be interested in an apple-themed food contest?  Not necessarily desserts, either.  Other apple related stuff we could incorporate?

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2015, 08:42:07 PM »
I have a great recipe for apple cheddar scones that I could see about making and of course maybe Snicker salad.  Both have apples in them.  I would have to see if I have the means/time to make them of course as we are traveling, etc.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2015, 06:04:34 AM »
Do we have start/end times?

Last year we started at 11am.  Did that time work for you guys?  Or would a later time be preferred?  It's all good to me.   If anyone's hanging around by nightfall, I'll get the fire pit going on the lower patio!  ^.^

One month to go!!   :frolic:
I would say maybe starting later, but that is just personal preference. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2015, 08:52:38 AM »
Do we have start/end times?

Last year we started at 11am.  Did that time work for you guys?  Or would a later time be preferred?  It's all good to me.   If anyone's hanging around by nightfall, I'll get the fire pit going on the lower patio!  ^.^

One month to go!!   :frolic:

I would have said earlier! Haha! If we plan on eating at noon, a start time of 11 doesn't leave much time for setting up tables, plus there are stragglers who don't show up right at the start time. If we wanted to do a later start time and people could bring snacks for a big long snack table, that would work too.

I like all kinds of games- they're my favorite part of any get-together! The dice game is fun, I plan on bringing a word/paper game of some kind. I will also bring a couple prizes for the prize table, plus wrapped gifts for the game and a prize for my paper game.

I recently decided that I want different sizes of Discord. I have the big one from Hot Topic that I bought from Neon last year, but I think it would be fun to have tiny ones and big ones, just like he is in the cartoon. So if you have those for sale, bring them! Aurora Wants!

Post Merge: August 13, 2015, 08:54:29 AM

HA HA that would be amazing...like, just getting those gift bags + leaving ponies in each others' driveways.
We could make it a thing!

I'll have to ask but? It's tomorrow right? I think tomorrow is when my dad has a dentist appointment, I will ask though. + Also my mom may come with in the case he can't. I don't think they'd be comfortable with me going w/out one of them lol even though I'm 18. So no promises but BOY will I try.

Even if I can't come w/ you to the meet we should definitely meet up IRL sometime.  :devious:

Sorry this is two posts in a row, I'm a goober. The meet is in a couple weeks, on September 5th. I DEFINITELY want to meet up sometime- we'll figure that out. And it's ok if we can't carpool, but if it matters, I haven't axe murdered anyone for at least 10 years, and even then they asked for it. (Hahahaha! Axed for it!)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:54:29 AM by Aurora »

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2015, 08:59:27 AM »
I can bring some prizes for a prize table as well. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2015, 12:29:41 PM »
I will definitely try to ask in time then! Feel free to PM me anytime if you have plans for us IRL.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2015, 11:57:02 AM »
I was thinking earlier too just cause I have other people with that may not want to be there all day.

"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2015, 03:19:39 PM »
OMG! I have missed out on so much info I just did a quick scroll through to see whats new.

I definitely plan on going :) Are we allowed to invite other MN collectors who are not on the arena? I have a couple friends interested as well. Also, what is the link to find this page so they can become a new member?

I have plenty of ponies to bring as well as a tote full of extra Kenner LPS if anyone is interested in those and a few other non pony items.

If anyone has the following please bring:

Fashion Star Fillies- preferable the less common ones
She Ra Horses/accessories
Enchanted Kingdom Horses
Kenner LPS
G1 Accessories and Merch
G1 Nirvanas.....I am huge into Italians atm :)
Petites/Lil Litters
Dream Beauties

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2015, 08:22:40 AM »
Hi there, Scarlet! Of course you should invite other collectors- they don't even need to be from MN! When I need a link to something, I usually just copy and paste the address in the search bar at the top of the page. I'm sure there's a more savvy way to do it, but it has always worked for me!

I think I have a few of the older LPS, I'll bring them if I can find them!
My mom is cleaning out her attic, so I also have a bunch of sort of random toys- lots of barbie accessories that I plan to just give away, there are some Polly Pockets, both vintage and new-ish, and I think a little bag of Quints accessories. If any of you are good with things like that, I might just bring them to get some advice on how to deal with them- at least to be sure of what they are!

I'm so excited about the meet! I probably won't have time to make the craft I wanted to for the contest, but I'll be there to vote! SilverGlade, how much room is there for card tables? Compared to last year, for example. I can either bring a normal-sized card table or a big ol' folding table from a church basement, or some combination of the two. I just want to be sure there's room for whatever I decide to bring! I'm ok with being outside, as long as it isn't a pouring rain. I've got pretty much everyone in plastic bags just so I don't have to keep combing them to keep them pretty for sale, so if they get a few sprinkles on them it is ok.
Wait- do you have a clothesline? Can I call dibs on the clothesline? That would be an amazing way to display these ponies! I'll even bring my own clothespins! If not, I will figure something out. I'm actually a little excited about trying to figure something like a clothesline out. I wonder if my husband feels like doing some strange creating?

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2015, 07:12:21 PM »
so I can't seem to find all the info in here...lol....was it applejacks as the special pony this year???......what are the contests and stuff is it the same as last year??....do we need to bring anything else besides food??.....also have we gotten an address yet where it will be held?? are we having a swap again?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:18:19 PM by wizzer218 »

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2015, 10:24:54 PM »
Just stopping by real quick to say I'm coming for sure. I don't know if I was on the list and I'm so crazy busy!!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2015, 11:00:26 PM »

Regardless of start time, I don't think I'll be there very early. It's a fairly long drive and I'm not much of a morning person. (As some of you have witnessed in previous years. Haha.)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2015, 04:51:15 AM »
so I can't seem to find all the info in here...lol....was it applejacks as the special pony this year???......what are the contests and stuff is it the same as last year??....do we need to bring anything else besides food??.....also have we gotten an address yet where it will be held?? are we having a swap again?

This

Also,  is anyone interested in vintage strawberry shortcake items or monster high items ?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal