collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Limits?  (Read 2868 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Pony Limits?
« on: December 30, 2014, 11:57:38 AM »
Do you have a limit for how many ponies your gonna get? I do because of space. I've promised myself 40 ponies, no more, no less and wow! I've already made it just a leetle bit over my halfway goal. A few ponies got put on my list and taken off again because I can't always decide.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:29:57 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
Re: Pony Limits?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 12:00:38 PM »
I don't like having more than a 100, myself.  Honestly, I wish I could cull my herd down to 40!  That sounds like a dream!  But when I have a small army of Taffeta's and Moondust's, that's not really feasible.  @_@

I do have a larger apartment, though it's shared with a roommate, but I have other collections too.  I don't want to turn into a hoarder, and I really do like lots of open space, so while I could certainly jam a lot more ponies into my room, I do like the simplicity of just having a corner for them.  Now, I do have a vaulted ceiling, so the corner shelf for them is nearly six foot tall, just for them!  And then I have another stand atop that for my big lamp to rest on!  Extreme pony feng shui! 

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 12:22:15 PM »
I have a relatively small herd and I like to keep it that way.  Maybe like 70ish figures?  It's been a while since I counted.  :P

I keep every MLP related thing in a large tote bin, and will rotate out ponies seasonally on my computer desk display.  I did my last HUGE cull five years ago, and I'm thinking of selling off the extra MIB exclusives I've been hanging onto for a while to clear up a bit more space.  :)

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 12:24:26 PM »
I don't have a limit as far as quantity of ponies, but I do have a limit of how much I'll spend on them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 12:25:45 PM »
I'll just say I don't want to go *too* wild with them. For you see I'm supposed to be saving up the money I make from work for college. Plus, I don't think my parents would like the fact that I've spent save-for-college money on toy ponies.  :sad: They just wouldn't understand why I need them right now...

So I reckon 10-20 is good for now. And I'll probably save to getting them with gift money and parts of bonuses, etc. And stick to G3s so I don't have to spend an entire bonus on one of them.  :silly: (a little sarcasm there, but it is true in some cases. >.<)

|My Collection|

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 12:28:18 PM »
No limit on number of ponies. I'm aiming for at least a complete collection of G2s, and some ponies of other gens that I like.  :biggrin:

The limit would be on price in my case. :)

lela

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 12:32:09 PM »
Among all the items I collect books, precious stones, the ponies are the ones that most disturbs me my family, lol, but wish I could have more, always looking my bookcase, speak with pride, and when they look at my stones, are adimirados but when I show my humble 13 ponies, zoam me, calling me a child and the like, only even my husband that even joking, help me to collect them on the internet, but my focus and have no less than a pony of each of all g3, ie if there is about 6 poses for minty, choose one and do not buy more, I know I have a long way to go but I know I will get,

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 12:36:23 PM »
I really don't like the super cluttery army lines type display anymore. I used to have so many that they had to be stacked shoulder to shoulder.. but I feel like they can be appreciated so much better on display where they each have room  or can be displayed "just so" It makes my place feel less cluttered.
I have about 100 or so now and they rotate display.. and though I am actively collecting just as much as my "gotta catch 'em all!" days, I'd lime to jeep it around that number. I focus a lot on upgrades. I don't worry about completing sets or holding on to ponies that are "meh" to me for whatever reason.
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 12:42:28 PM »
I haven't really set any limits for myself but now as I'm at 400+ (I need to have a headcount again, I have no idea how many I have for real) I'm definitely slowing down. :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 12:53:19 PM »
I don't have limits even though I'm really lacking in space. I dream of the day when I can get a bigger place and have a pony room! I'm not able to display all that I have right now. But hope that'll change before too long!

I'd love to have a complete US G1 collection with a few UK ponies and a nearly complete G3 collection (not a fan of multiple versions of the same pony and special release ones-comic con, etc.)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 01:46:49 PM »
No limits but I do want a BIG pony room. So I can rotate all the ponies and things that I have pony related. I hope to find out more maybe in spring. All I can do is dream.  :huh:

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 03:00:48 PM »
I don't have a set limit but I've noticed that the couple times I started nearing around 300 figures I got antsy about my collection and started feeling like I needed to downsize.  ^^;

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 03:10:20 PM »
I was just wondering this same thing a few days ago!  I had read a post where someone said that they had around 400 and it was WAY too many, and sat there feeling like a hoarder because I passed the 1k mark this past year  :lookround:

Right now, I'm focusing on completing my US G1s, G3s and G3.5s, and keeping up with G4s as they release (I was late to jump on the G4 train).  Once I get there, I plan to polish up my G2s and G4s, and am still undecided if I want to start going after international ponies.  I've been incredibly lucky so far in my adult life that I've always had the luxury of a pony room that I can line with shelves, so space hasn't been an issue yet.  Honestly, to me, as long as they all fit on shelves, the more, the merrier.  I don't actively have an army, just legitimate variants, and a "gotta catch 'em all!" mentality :)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 03:11:02 PM »
I don't have a limit but I do have rules that limit my collecting (because it became a bit of a problem at one point)... first rule is they have to be on display in my room, ponies in the cupboard get sold/donated unless they're destined for the pony room I plan to own in the future.

I have a want list that is thoroughly thought through, and if a pony isn't on it I'm not allowed to buy it (so no impulse buying)... of course I try to talk myself into breaking this rule so there's also the '24-48 hours of fate' rule. If i'm still debating it after a few days I check whether it's still available (it must be fate if it is!) and decide hard and fast and don't look back.

And if I've just recently bought something pricy off my want list I have to unwatch ebay auctions of a certain value (had to do that this morning, feeling sore from it still). I weigh up how much I want the pony against how ill and horribly guilty I'd feel for buying it...

I can't imagine limiting myself to an actual number but i respect people with the control to do so and be satisfied. :)
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 03:25:46 PM »
Among all the items I collect books, precious stones, the ponies are the ones that most disturbs me my family, lol, but wish I could have more, always looking my bookcase, speak with pride, and when they look at my stones, are adimirados but when I show my humble 13 ponies, zoam me, calling me a child and the like, only even my husband that even joking, help me to collect them on the internet, but my focus and have no less than a pony of each of all g3, ie if there is about 6 poses for minty, choose one and do not buy more, I know I have a long way to go but I know I will get,
I have the same G3 goal :)

I probably should limit the number of ponies I have because my room is getting cramped but this place is temporary until I can move out.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal