collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Limits?  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Limits?
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »
My limit is my monthly budget - but no limit on ponies! I'm gonna have to start selling though - I have a huge box of sales ponies I have to list when I have some time - which is getting harder and harder to find, haha!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2014, 05:44:14 PM »
it all comes down to space, sometimes I feel I'm running out of boxes to fill with ponies and places to put those boxes but I guess when I move out will be a better deciding point to consider
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 06:25:25 PM »
I have good intentions for setting limits, but they aren't going so well!   :blush:

I live in a very small apartment and had originally placed pretty strict limits on how big I would let my collection get.  Also, I have to keep my ponies secured in some sort of container for their own safety.  My naughty kitty thinks everything is his and forbidden items are most definitely the best toys.  I can just imagine coming home to him chewing Mimic's horn off.   >_<

My original plan was to only collect ponies that I totally loved and that my collection must be able to fit in the nice, clear storage bin I had for them at the time, which was probably about 12 ponies maximum.  Then, after a few extras joined the herd, I told myself that it was okay as long as they didn't outgrow the three to four drawers that I had allotted for them in a rolling cart.  I've REALLY, REALLY tried to adhere to that rule, but those drawers are getting a little crowded and I know there are plenty of ponies that I'd still like to have someday.

I was randomly looking at some storage bins/containers at Bed, Bath, & Beyond today and caught myself thinking, "I wonder if these are tall enough to accommodation unicorn horns...." :facepalm:  I didn't buy anything, but I know that the temptation is there to continue to expand.    :)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2015, 05:47:29 AM »
Nope, no limit. I have a pony room and when I think I can't fit any more shelving in I somehow manage it lol.

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2015, 06:07:04 AM »
I have around 120 g1s and g3s. I guess my limit is when I collect all of the g1s I want. I don't have a 'want list' for the g3s. All of my g3s come in lots I've bought because it contained a g1 I wanted. If I stop buying g1s I'll stop buying g3s. I don't have a 'want list' for the g3s.

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2015, 10:55:29 AM »
I recently culled down my collection to only those ponies and fairy tail birds that fit into the box my sewing machine came in. I kinda lost interest in the hobby about 6 months ago and have been downsizing since then, but there were just a few things I didn't want to part with so I set "anything that will fit into the box" as a limit and I'm happy with that. I can still look at pics of other people's pretty displays on here anyway whenever I need a pony fix, and selling them to people to help them complete their collections is fun too :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal