collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any music-loving ponies?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • ♫ Portugal - Walk The Moon
    • View Profile
Any music-loving ponies?
« on: December 18, 2014, 08:32:31 PM »
I'm extremely curious to know what everyone's music taste here is like! I'm universal in a sense that I listen to a wide range of genres mainly indie, alternative, metal & all its sub-genres and electronic. Also a huge concert junkie here; other than ponies nothing's better than live music!

What are you tuning to? Big fans of any musicians/bands? How's your local music scene like!

Whenever I meet new people I tend to talk about music as a conversation starter, and since this is my first post on the "Off Topic" topic... :hiya:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Any music-loving ponies?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 08:48:02 PM »
It varies depending on my mood. Right now, Rudolph.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 08:52:15 PM »
I. Love. Music!

I'm weird because I'm 24 and smooth jazz has always been one of my favorite genres, even though jazz is always considered something that "old people" listen to.  I listened to it a lot growing up and being with my grandma all the time.

I do have a very varied music taste, though.  Sometimes I'll listen to late 80s/early 90s hip-hop, then I'll move on to some indie rock.  I enjoy music from the 70s and 80s, and I occasionally listen to whatever is popular these days (because some songs are just too darn catchy).  The only genre of music I truly and honestly cannot get into is country.  I've tried giving a few songs a listen, because I don't like to say I hate something without having tried it first and... yeah, no.  Can't do it.

My favorite bands are Interpol and They Might Be Giants, and I almost got to see Interpol live last month but missed out!  Hopefully next time. :cloud: I love going to concerts though, and the last one I went to was to see OK Go and they were amaaaazing!  I've gotten to see TMBG in concert, at least.  My fiance got me into them, since it's his favorite band.  For New Year's Eve, I'm going to a Motown musical (lots of popular music from the 60s and 70s) and I couldn't be more excited!

In high school I was in marching band and it played a huge part in my life, so I love listening to marching band versions of different songs, as well.  Being that I'm also a piano player and I have an immense love for the cello and violin, I can also be caught listening to classical music and orchestral pieces.  :blush: Oh, and I can't forget video game music!  The music from the Sonic games were my jam growing up!  :lol:

My last.fm page is probably the best way to see what I listen to.

So yeah, obviously I love to talk about music.  :whistle:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 12:06:43 AM »
I love music a heck of a lot, to the point where I literally can't leave the house without my headphones on. XD I'm mainly into rock and metal but I also like some folk, hip-hop, chillout music (especially the really cheesy stuff with whale songs in it), electro and pretty much whatever else takes my fancy at the time.
My favourite bands would have to be Alkaline Trio, Mazzy Star, Alice In Chains, Machine Head, Mindfunk, Finch, RHCP, Swans, Better Than Ezra and quite a few others. :P

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 05:36:58 AM »
Alice Cooper.

A couple weeks ago, my 5yo and I were in the car. I put MLP songs on, and she started yelling that she wanted Alice Cooper. I think that was one of my proudest moments as a Mom :biggrin:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 05:55:28 AM »
I love music! I can listen to anything, doesn't matter what it is. My preference is Rock/Metal/Alternative such as Bring me the Horizon, BlesstheFall, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Econoline Crush, Bleeker Ridge, Three Days Grace, Abandon all Ships etc.

My music library has music from every genre in it, I love singing and dancing, so as long as there is music, I'm happy as can be!

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 06:03:16 AM »
I love Renaissance/Folk/Rock music like Blackmore's Night. :D I also love piano music such as David Lanz and Ludovico Einaudi. And anything that's New Age and Celtic. :D :D

Can't live without my music. :)

kittyberry

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 07:13:55 AM »
oooh boy, do i love music. i'm into so many genres i sometimes lose track. i listen to classic rock, blues, jazz, prog rock, garage rock/psych, obscure/private psych, punk, and post-punk.

if i started listing all the bands i like, we'd be here until probably next christmas, so i'll spare everyone. some artists of the moment include led zeppelin (i have have such a profound love for them ahah), joy division, the clash, black cat bones, and rory gallagher. i also collect vinyl, so if i'm not broke on account of my ponies, my vinyl collection is probably to blame.

i do like some modern music, though. to name a few artists, i dig the black keys, temples, tame impala, and the xx.

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 07:27:54 AM »
MUSIC. IS. MY. LIFE!  :lol:

I love any kind of rock music, especially pop-rock, folk-rock, and alternative-rock. I also like soul :)

I love Onerepublic, Imagine Dragons, Emeli Sande, Passenger, Pink, and Paloma Faith amongst many, may others! :D

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 08:01:51 AM »
I was a drum n bass DJ and club promoter for 10 years and have a fairly large knowledge of music, but apart from drum n bass/jungle no particular genre. I also play the voilin and guitar and sing. I'm a folkster at the moment, listening to this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwT0COKXFMM and this https://soundcloud.com/jeremiah-newcombe/dont-care. I'm also really into Lianne La Havas at the moment... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5WTvsDCjqU
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:03:51 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 08:34:10 AM »
I love music, I love singing even though my voice is terrible.  :P
Oldies
Rock
R n B-
Hip Hop
Movie/Cartoon/Anime Soundtracks
Music with Nature Sounds
Videogame Music
Cultural type music (eg Tibetan, Native American, Japanese)
Rap
Pop
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:43:48 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • ♫ Portugal - Walk The Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 09:47:33 AM »
I. Love. Music!

I'm weird because I'm 24 and smooth jazz has always been one of my favorite genres, even though jazz is always considered something that "old people" listen to.  I listened to it a lot growing up and being with my grandma all the time.

I do have a very varied music taste, though.  Sometimes I'll listen to late 80s/early 90s hip-hop, then I'll move on to some indie rock.  I enjoy music from the 70s and 80s, and I occasionally listen to whatever is popular these days (because some songs are just too darn catchy).  The only genre of music I truly and honestly cannot get into is country.  I've tried giving a few songs a listen, because I don't like to say I hate something without having tried it first and... yeah, no.  Can't do it.

My favorite bands are Interpol and They Might Be Giants, and I almost got to see Interpol live last month but missed out!  Hopefully next time. :cloud: I love going to concerts though, and the last one I went to was to see OK Go and they were amaaaazing!  I've gotten to see TMBG in concert, at least.  My fiance got me into them, since it's his favorite band.  For New Year's Eve, I'm going to a Motown musical (lots of popular music from the 60s and 70s) and I couldn't be more excited!

In high school I was in marching band and it played a huge part in my life, so I love listening to marching band versions of different songs, as well.  Being that I'm also a piano player and I have an immense love for the cello and violin, I can also be caught listening to classical music and orchestral pieces.  :blush: Oh, and I can't forget video game music!  The music from the Sonic games were my jam growing up!  :lol:

My last.fm page is probably the best way to see what I listen to.

So yeah, obviously I love to talk about music.  :whistle:

I find that not weird at all! I had a music module 2 years back that's focused entirely on Jazz music, since then I have so much respect for the genre as a whole. Sounds cool that you're going to a Motown musical; my friend digs the Motown era she would've love that  :) I can't remember much video game music from my childhood but i'm an avid gamer currently and Halo's soundtracks always make my hair stand.. in a good way  :freak:

Post Merge: December 19, 2014, 09:52:09 AM

I love music a heck of a lot, to the point where I literally can't leave the house without my headphones on. XD I'm mainly into rock and metal but I also like some folk, hip-hop, chillout music (especially the really cheesy stuff with whale songs in it), electro and pretty much whatever else takes my fancy at the time.
My favourite bands would have to be Alkaline Trio, Mazzy Star, Alice In Chains, Machine Head, Mindfunk, Finch, RHCP, Swans, Better Than Ezra and quite a few others. :P

I feel ya about the headphones part :snicker:
Great bands! Caught Alice In Chains early this year when they toured in my country for a rock festival. Nothing short of fantastic!

Post Merge: December 19, 2014, 09:56:40 AM

I love music! I can listen to anything, doesn't matter what it is. My preference is Rock/Metal/Alternative such as Bring me the Horizon, BlesstheFall, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Econoline Crush, Bleeker Ridge, Three Days Grace, Abandon all Ships etc.

My music library has music from every genre in it, I love singing and dancing, so as long as there is music, I'm happy as can be!

O my goodness, let me have a moment to scream.. I love love LOVE Bring Me The Horizon!!! They played here for the first time ever last year and it was so satisfying after all those years of waiting  :cry: What do you think of their song Drown??
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:56:40 AM by Tigerlilyx »

Offline melodys_angel

• Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 09:59:27 AM »
I don't think its possible for anyone not to like music :)  Mine is varied as well--at the moment there are a few rock songs ive been hammering out, as well as a few non vocal game type music pieces.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 10:05:12 AM »
I love music! I'm listening to it almost all of the time.

I have some (possibly) interesting tastes in music. My parents, of course, raised me to the music of their generation. Although I didn't really come to appreciate it until around ten years ago. Since then my library of music has been largely built around music of the 60s and 70s.

I just love the styles, instrumentation, and vocal styles so prominent in both of those decades. For one, I'm a band nerd, always have been and always will be, and the 60s/70s had a lot of bands and artists that were feeling the love for band (brass/woodwind) instruments. I love brass/woodwind instruments like so much, you have no idea! xD So I really came to like the so-called in their time (I believe? Do not actually know lol) 'Brass Rock' bands of the late 60s and early 70s. The most well-known band of the style being Chicago, although sadly they are more remembered for their 80s hits which downplayed everything that ever made Chicago good.

To spare everyone a long story that no one cares to read anyway... xD Chicago in their early days is actually my favorite band. But I also love the multitude of other 'Brass Rock' groups from the time, I've looked far and wide to catch every single one of them (even the most obscure)! Lol. I'm kind of obsessed. D:

But 'Brass Rock' groups are not my only favorites. I love 60s/70s music in general, particularly Soft Rock (Bread, America, Jim Croce, Eagles, etc.), Progressive Rock (And music that led into/or was related to it, like later The Beatles, The Doors, etc.), and Soul/R&B.

Otherwise I really like British/Traditional Folk. I've always loved the sound of the genre, but never really knew what it was until around a year ago, when I discovered Gryphon and their Early Music influenced style and fell deeply in love, like "OMG THIS is that type of music I've always been looking for!". Since then I have expanded onto other Folk/Rock groups such as Pentangle, Steeleye Span, and the very traditional Shirley & Dolly Collins.

Lastly, I love Classical/Early Music. I could go on really long with this one, but I'll spare the details because I think I've already made a long enough post.  :redface: My most favorite eras of Classical would be Impressionist, Baroque, and Classic. Early music, my favorite composers are Tallis and Gervaise. Tallis wrote very beautiful polyphonic choral music, while Gervaise was a rare instrumental composer.

In short: My favorite bands/artists are:

Chicago (before the 80s)
The Beatles
Streetlight Manifesto
The Doors
Blood, Sweat & Tears
Fleet Foxes
Gryphon
Bread
Brainchild
Eagles
Boston
America
Afroskull
Genesis
Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose
Egg
John Denver
Jim Croce
Pink Floyd
Electric Light Orchestra
Pentangle
Steeleye Span
Dreams

(I also can't forget to mention I have a soft spot for some early 00s pop rock like Michelle Branch and 3 Doors Down)

Classical/Early Music:
Mozart (stereotypical, I know, but he IS good!)
Debussy
Ravel
Vivaldi
Handel
Marcello
JS Bach
Tallis
Gervaise
Holst

|My Collection|

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 10:23:24 AM »
I love music! I'm listening to it almost all of the time.

Otherwise I really like British/Traditional Folk. I've always loved the sound of the genre, but never really knew what it was until around a year ago, when I discovered Gryphon and their Early Music influenced style and fell deeply in love, like "OMG THIS is that type of music I've always been looking for!". Since then I have expanded onto other Folk/Rock groups such as Pentangle, Steeleye Span, and the very traditional Shirley & Dolly Collins.

So cool! I posted a Pentangle song earlier, Let No Man Steal your Thyme  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal