collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any music-loving ponies?  (Read 1813 times)

SaphTalon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Any music-loving ponies?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2014, 05:14:10 PM »
Im a huge fan of any classical piece!! Classical music paints beautiful nature animations in my head like fantasia, I have my mother to thank for that. I also really love ballet too! I played flute, piccolo, and violin in middle/high school.

Other musics I like are musics from anime and video games. Im not a fan of any bands or anything with much signing unless its in another language like japanese or swedish.

In my opinion a lot of people overlook just this. Classical is thought of as dull or boring by those who really miss the whole idea. I kind of feel sorry for them when they have no idea how peaceful imagination can be. By the way thanks Sprinkle cup cake I am totally going to use this idea to try and envision the world I am trying to create for my book I am writing. 

freyjaloh

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 12:16:23 AM »
I prefer anime/game music. But i oso listen to most kind.  :)

Truly

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »
I love music! Any kind really, but ones that I never tire of is Adam Lambert, Savage Garden, t.a.t.u, and a lot others too!
I attempt to sing along though I'm not talented at it, and can sometimes mimic the singer lol.  But yeah I'm happy if there is music :)
I was so close to seeing Adam Lambert when he came to Australia touring with Queen! Sadly it was sold out verrrry fast!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 03:29:55 PM »
No day without music. I would go crazy without it.

I can listen to the most relaxing things (like celtic/ folky stuff), to pop-rock, up to metal. It depends on my mood.

Some bands/ groups I listen to
Metal (-ish) (and mostly Scandinavian):
Amon Amarth
Turisas
Within Temptation
Nightwish
Epica
Ensiferum
Eluveitie
Tristania
Insomnium
Etc etc

Other bands I like are Wardruna, Faun, Omnia, Random Rab, One Republic,Imagine Dragons, Celldweller
and a whole lot more

oh and I'm a sucker for movie/ game music (music also from Two Steps From Hell). And I have a soft spot for Tolkien-based music, but not the metal though XD I just can't listen to them.

*virtually hi-fives fellow OneRepublic, and Imagine Dragons fan*  :lol:

Yas! And I totally forgot to add the bands Kensington and Bastille to the list. Love their music!

Offline Lady_Manson

• MOC Mimic
  • Black Veil Brides,Blood on The Dance Floor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2014, 10:32:45 PM »
My Most Favorite Band Now is
Black Veil Bride's

Other Bands Singers I like
Blood on The Dance Floor an electronica Band like Prodigy
Falling in Reverse
Escape The Fate
Bless The Fall
Motionless in White
Asking Alexandria
Miss May I
Bring Me The Horizon
New Years Day
Marilyn Manson I still like them but Not as Much as I used To
Imagine Dragons
Cradle of Filth
Behemoth
Dimmu Borgir
Immortal
king Diamond/Merciful Fate
Dark Funeral
Alice Cooper
Ozzy
Rob Zombie
Twisted Sister
Slipknot
The 80'S hair Bands
and lots More

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • ♫ Portugal - Walk The Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2014, 06:58:16 AM »
So cool going through everyone's posts on this thread. So interesting. A multitude of genres!  :cool:

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2014, 09:49:20 AM »
I'm really into the Devin Townsend Project right now, it's been on repeat in my car since the latest album was released.  I saw them earlier this month, I also saw Gwar again at the beginning of December.  Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Katatonia, Witchcraft, and Bad Religion are also in the rotation.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »
I am plain OBSESSED with the band Rock Sugar.  The lead singer and guitarist are buddies of mine, so maybe I'm biased lol.  But they really do have amazing music.  They basically take pop songs from the '80s and mix them with metal riffs from other '80s songs.  So you have songs combining things like Like a Prayer and You Shook Me All Night Long, all in one metal song.  It's really creative and these guys are just so talented.

Jess and Chuck (and the drummer, Alex, at one point) were also in a band previously called Loud & Clear.  Their songs are really awesome, and you can find all 3 albums on iTunes.  I could gush about these guys all the time, lol. 

Offline Darker

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2014, 12:39:25 PM »
I do like most genres of music. Can't say music in general isn't awesome.

I'll say that the types I don't like are:

-Rap(most of the time): I really don't like the fast pacing the rapping songs have. Sometimes the pacing goes perfectly with the lyrics, but most of the time it's just the same words repeated over and over, with some innecessary adult stuff going on.

-Dubstep(most of the time): There are times when loud music going insane works, because it's just plain fun. But sometimes there's nothing catchy about it and it's just noise.
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2014, 12:47:57 PM »
I'm really into the Devin Townsend Project right now, it's been on repeat in my car since the latest album was released.  I saw them earlier this month, I also saw Gwar again at the beginning of December.  Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Katatonia, Witchcraft, and Bad Religion are also in the rotation.

Oh I really like the Devin Townsend Project! Have it on my cellphone for when I cycle to work/ places :)

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2014, 05:53:21 PM »
I'm extremely curious to know what everyone's music taste here is like! I'm universal in a sense that I listen to a wide range of genres mainly indie, alternative, metal & all its sub-genres and electronic. Also a huge concert junkie here; other than ponies nothing's better than live music!

What are you tuning to? Big fans of any musicians/bands? How's your local music scene like!

Whenever I meet new people I tend to talk about music as a conversation starter, and since this is my first post on the "Off Topic" topic... :hiya:

I love almost all kinds of music except country and rap.  I like metal, rock, classic rock, alternative, techno...well any genre really as long as they give me music that sounds good to me.  Some of main favorites are We the Kings, Avatar, The Beatles, Milky Chance, HIM, Mindless Self Indulgence, Korn, etc.  I also like tons of other bands, too, like Astorian Stigmata, Mushroomead, Owl City, The Doors, Mumford & Sons, Hozier, Tenacious D, Kongos, etc.  I love going to concerts and I've been to a lot.  I've seen We the Kings twice, Korn twice, Tenacious D, Halestorm, Skillet, Red, Disturbed, Avatar twice, Mushroomhead twice, The Devil Wears Prada, Black Veil Brides, Bullet for My Valentine, Orgy twice, Psychostick twice, and a whole bunch of others.  I've been to Warped Tour 3 times.  I love live music! 

The local music scene isn't too impressive here.  It's way too small here.  We have a good rock back from a town north of here called The Darwin Project and a metal band from this town called Assault the Silence.  The local music scene downstate, like Flint and Detroit, is a lot better, with bands like GivensIx, 5ubkultur3, Critical Bill, Liquid Reality, etc.     

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal