collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any music-loving ponies?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
Re: Any music-loving ponies?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 03:13:22 PM »
No day without music. I would go crazy without it.

I can listen to the most relaxing things (like celtic/ folky stuff), to pop-rock, up to metal. It depends on my mood.

Some bands/ groups I listen to
Metal (-ish) (and mostly Scandinavian):
Amon Amarth
Turisas
Within Temptation
Nightwish
Epica
Ensiferum
Eluveitie
Tristania
Insomnium
Etc etc

Other bands I like are Wardruna, Faun, Omnia, Random Rab, One Republic,Imagine Dragons, Celldweller
and a whole lot more

oh and I'm a sucker for movie/ game music (music also from Two Steps From Hell). And I have a soft spot for Tolkien-based music, but not the metal though XD I just can't listen to them.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:26:40 PM by Moonbreeze »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »
I love music! I can listen to anything, doesn't matter what it is. My preference is Rock/Metal/Alternative such as Bring me the Horizon, BlesstheFall, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Econoline Crush, Bleeker Ridge, Three Days Grace, Abandon all Ships etc.

My music library has music from every genre in it, I love singing and dancing, so as long as there is music, I'm happy as can be!

O my goodness, let me have a moment to scream.. I love love LOVE Bring Me The Horizon!!! They played here for the first time ever last year and it was so satisfying after all those years of waiting  :cry: What do you think of their song Drown??
[/quote]

I love everything by bmth, awesome band! I would love to see them play live. Drown is a great song, the songs I can't stop listening to them by them are Don't Go, Diamonds aren't Forever and House of Wolves.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 07:26:50 AM »
My music tastes are all over the place:

Kenny G
Trapt
Linkin Park
Madonna
Three Days Grace
Ace of Base
Belinda Carlisle
Panic! at the Disco
Evanescence

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 08:04:15 AM »
No day without music. I would go crazy without it.

I can listen to the most relaxing things (like celtic/ folky stuff), to pop-rock, up to metal. It depends on my mood.

Some bands/ groups I listen to
Metal (-ish) (and mostly Scandinavian):
Amon Amarth
Turisas
Within Temptation
Nightwish
Epica
Ensiferum
Eluveitie
Tristania
Insomnium
Etc etc

Other bands I like are Wardruna, Faun, Omnia, Random Rab, One Republic,Imagine Dragons, Celldweller
and a whole lot more

oh and I'm a sucker for movie/ game music (music also from Two Steps From Hell). And I have a soft spot for Tolkien-based music, but not the metal though XD I just can't listen to them.

*virtually hi-fives fellow OneRepublic, and Imagine Dragons fan*  :lol:

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 10:50:40 AM »
I love music! I'm listening to it almost all of the time.

Otherwise I really like British/Traditional Folk. I've always loved the sound of the genre, but never really knew what it was until around a year ago, when I discovered Gryphon and their Early Music influenced style and fell deeply in love, like "OMG THIS is that type of music I've always been looking for!". Since then I have expanded onto other Folk/Rock groups such as Pentangle, Steeleye Span, and the very traditional Shirley & Dolly Collins.

So cool! I posted a Pentangle song earlier, Let No Man Steal your Thyme  :)

Glad to know someone else knows/likes them!

My favorite song by them is probably Cruel Sister. The average person would probably find it to be too repetitive and long, but I think it's beautiful! The layering of the instruments over time and the dark tale it tells make it interesting.

|My Collection|

SaphTalon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 11:15:31 AM »
I love Classical and Hymnal.
I like just about anything but those are my two faves. I don't like the recordings of Hymns that are poor quality. I like the ones that really have that range in vocals that stretches from real low to moderately high pitch. In other words the recordings that you get of poor quality equipment and poor selection of vocalist are not my cup of tea.

I love Hymns that are instrumental. String quartets of hymn and contemporary are amazing. I love the string quartet arrangements of You raise me up. I know haw to play a couple hymns myself on cello going solo by heart.

If you ask me about secular I would have to choose Adele or Coldplay
For Brony musicians I love BlackGryph0n and Evening star

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 11:18:46 AM »
I love music! I'm listening to it almost all of the time.

Otherwise I really like British/Traditional Folk. I've always loved the sound of the genre, but never really knew what it was until around a year ago, when I discovered Gryphon and their Early Music influenced style and fell deeply in love, like "OMG THIS is that type of music I've always been looking for!". Since then I have expanded onto other Folk/Rock groups such as Pentangle, Steeleye Span, and the very traditional Shirley & Dolly Collins.

So cool! I posted a Pentangle song earlier, Let No Man Steal your Thyme  :)

Glad to know someone else knows/likes them!

My favorite song by them is probably Cruel Sister. The average person would probably find it to be too repetitive and long, but I think it's beautiful! The layering of the instruments over time and the dark tale it tells make it interesting.

Gorgeous! Thanks for posting that  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline TickleMePink

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 11:22:59 AM »
Music is litterally my life since I sing, play the piano and on occation composes my own music. I went to a classical music college and studied music at the university, but then took a 180 turn and became a socail worker instead :-)

I have very eclectic taste, but my favorite source that I keep returning to is 60´s and 70´s rock, especially The Beatles, The Doors, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell and Neil Young.

Newer obsessions include Fleet Foxes and First Aid Kit.
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 11:24:28 AM »
Music is litterally my life since I sing, play the piano and on occation composes my own music. I went to a classical music college and studied music at the university, but then took a 180 turn and became a socail worker instead :-)

I have very eclectic taste, but my favorite source that I keep returning to is 60´s and 70´s rock, especially The Beatles, The Doors, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell and Neil Young.

This song kinda saved my life... my guy and I both love this song  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAsXMlkwXgs
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline TickleMePink

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 11:44:40 AM »

This song kinda saved my life... my guy and I both love this song  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAsXMlkwXgs

That is the most beautiful song ever! For me it meant a lot after my divorce a couple of years ago...She has the most emotional voice too. So frail and yet strong. <3

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 12:53:03 PM »
ive always loved the ending music played on ff X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UznRA4Hf7Y

and this one listened to it over and over countless times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms9fXm5QKp0

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 07:42:04 PM »
I practically live in my headphones! I listen to a little bit of everything, but especially love instrumental, folk, and pop. Vocaloids receive honorable mention as well, especially VY2.

Here are a few examples:

• Phil Wickham
• Alexander Rybak
• Marina and the Diamonds
• Casting Crowns
• Red
• Thousand Foot Krutch
• Clannad
• Enya
• wowaka (Vocaloid producer)
• DECO*27 (Vocaloid producer)
• Lindsey Stirling
• Vitamin String Quartet
• Adrian Von Ziegler (indie keyboardist)
• BrunuhVille (indie keyboardist)
Mimic on MLPTP

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2014, 07:49:24 PM »
Im a huge fan of any classical piece!! Classical music paints beautiful nature animations in my head like fantasia, I have my mother to thank for that. I also really love ballet too! I played flute, piccolo, and violin in middle/high school.

Other musics I like are musics from anime and video games. Im not a fan of any bands or anything with much signing unless its in another language like japanese or swedish.

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2014, 05:09:25 AM »

Yay someone else who likes the 60s and 70s!  :happy:

I love Fleet Foxes, as well. I didn't really mention them in my post aside from listing them, but they are definitely one of my top favorite modern bands. Blue Ridge Mountains is amazing!

|My Collection|

Offline TickleMePink

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2014, 06:15:56 AM »

Yay someone else who likes the 60s and 70s!  :happy:

I love Fleet Foxes, as well. I didn't really mention them in my post aside from listing them, but they are definitely one of my top favorite modern bands. Blue Ridge Mountains is amazing!

Woohoo, a sister in spirit I hear!
I agree totally about Blue Ridge Mountain. I also love Ragged Wood! Fleet foxes´ music makes me wanna buy a cabin out in the woods and live of berries and such :-P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal