collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Teddy Tanks are now being sold in stores  (Read 2693 times)

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Teddy Tanks are now being sold in stores
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2014, 08:43:57 PM »
On the same note, I can't stand it when parents get their children hamsters and then complain when the hamsters bite their kids.
My cousin wanted to get her daughter a hammy after I posted a photo of mine (nearly a year old now, the little furball). I told her not to. It isn't a pet for a kid. "But you said yours never bites"   Of course not, because I treat mine well and with respect (she's docile too but thats not the point).

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2014, 10:12:16 PM »
Working in a shelter, I've  encountered a lot of people who have no regard for their animals' wellbeing and treat them as expendable possessions. Last week a lady called me and told me that she was moving and couldn't take her chocolate lab with her because he was "too big". She then proceeded to ask if she could bring him to the shelter and "trade him in" for a smaller dog. That's what she said, "trade him in", as if he was a used car or something.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2014, 11:46:04 AM »
These tanks are horrible! They could've marketed them in a new way that didn't involve animals. Like maybe a light-up fish tank scene with plastic fish and greenery that lit up when you squeeze them or something.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2014, 05:58:33 PM »
My mom wanted to get my little brother a goldfish because "they're easy to take care of, you put them in a bowl and feed them."
 I love goldfish, but I know I wouldn't want one as a pet because fish require quite a bit of care.

On the same note, I can't stand it when parents get their children hamsters and then complain when the hamsters bite their kids. They're not really good for little kids who are going to be rough with them...My friend accidentally killed hers as a kid because it bit her and she dropped it.

My cousin (when we were kids) did the same thing. :(  Animals are not toys for children.  Some hamsters do bite, regardless of how you raised them, they might be biters.

Honestly I hate it when parents by their little children ANY pet (be it fish, hamster or DOG) and gives it to them as if it is a toy to be played with.  :(    Animals are not toys...

I think that contacting the stores who are carrying these things to object is not a bad idea.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2014, 07:33:37 PM »
This one might suffice as a decent sized tank if it could have a filter and heater (if needed)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's kind of disturbing... LOL

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »
I saw these in my local wallgreens...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2014, 09:51:13 PM »
Good Gods above! Whoever thought this was a good idea oughtta have their head examined.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2014, 12:29:31 PM »
Fish and a lot of other small animals really get a raw deal with care, it frustrates me to no end

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2014, 08:14:47 PM »
I was in Wal-Mart on Sat with a friend that lives out of town. We went to look at the Pokemon cards. My local store has all the "as seen on TV" toys in the same place as the cards. I saw they had some Teddy Tanks in stock.  :X I showed it to my friend. He had never seen them before. When I commented on how awful they are he didn't really say anything. That surprised me a bit. He has a degree in environmental science and is an animal lover. I assumed he would recognize how disturbing these "tanks" are.  :brow:

A Wal-Mart employee did join in on our conversation. She had seen them, but she had NO IDEA that they were meant for real fish. In the packaging, there a piece of cardboard with a picture of the inside of a real tank and a goldfish on it inside the tank. She thought that that part would light up and it was meant to be a fake fish tank. She didn't say anything about it being an awful thing for a real animal. She got distracted by the dress up pieces and started playing with it that way.  :unsure:

sailorstitch

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal