collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Backcard Readers: Who was the NUTTIEST pony in ponyland? (Post stories)  (Read 4320 times)

Offline TickleMePink

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Backcard Readers: Who was the NUTTIEST pony in ponyland? (Post stories)
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 01:25:33 AM »
Good gravy, the backcard stories are WAAAY different than the cartoon and comic takes, those were the things I usually went off of when I created personalities for toy characters!

Well, in the backcard stories it´s a real Alice in Wonderland-esque fairytale-world, but I´ve always been surprised with how surburban middle class America the G1 tv show felt.
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2014, 10:37:49 AM »
We grew up with this stuff?!  No wonder we're so crazy!

LOL!!!!!  Yes, and combine it with all of the OTHER crazy 80's cartoons/toys and, well, yeah.  Crazy.  XD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2014, 03:01:41 PM »
I always liked Baby Shady's - she wanted it to snow and then "accidentally" does some magic to make it snow. Instead of Mama Shady (who you would think would be more of a sunshine gal) or the other ponies being annoyed...they just go ice skating. 1) that baby pony will never learn if you let her away with things 2) accidentally blinking 3 times makes things magically happen in ponyland...how did they survive for 10 years?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2014, 05:13:30 PM »
Some of these are cute! Though I wonder what the writers were thinking.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2014, 06:21:33 PM »
I always liked Sunshower's story.

Points for creativity, but it's still one of the weirder ones!

"A light mist was in the air as Sun Shower gazed dreamily at the rainbow. "I wish I could touch it," she said, trying to jump up to the rainbow. Suddenly, she spotted a balloon floating in the sky above her. She waved her arms back and forth to get its attention. Slowly, Lofty and her balloon came down to greet her. "May I have a ride to the rainbow?" Sun Shower asked excitedly. "Hop in," Lofty laughed. Sun Shower dipped below the water for a second, then jumped into the riding basket holding a package wrapped in seaweed. Up, up, up they went to visit the rainbow. "We're almost there," Lofty smiled. Just as they reached the first colorful arch, Sun Shower handed the package to the rainbow. "These are for you," she said, displaying sparkling dew drops she had collected especially for the rainbow. The rainbow was so delighted with her gift that it sprinkled an afternoon shower of colorful dew drops for everyone to enjoy."

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2014, 06:48:08 PM »

"A light mist was in the air as Sun Shower gazed dreamily at the rainbow. "I wish I could touch it," she said, trying to jump up to the rainbow. Suddenly, she spotted a balloon floating in the sky above her. She waved her arms back and forth to get its attention. Slowly, Lofty and her balloon came down to greet her. "May I have a ride to the rainbow?" Sun Shower asked excitedly. "Hop in," Lofty laughed. Sun Shower dipped below the water for a second, then jumped into the riding basket holding a package wrapped in seaweed. Up, up, up they went to visit the rainbow. "We're almost there," Lofty smiled. Just as they reached the first colorful arch, Sun Shower handed the package to the rainbow. "These are for you," she said, displaying sparkling dew drops she had collected especially for the rainbow. The rainbow was so delighted with her gift that it sprinkled an afternoon shower of colorful dew drops for everyone to enjoy."

Wait - ponies have arms?

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2014, 08:57:26 PM »

Wait - ponies have arms?

And not just ponies, but sea ponies!

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 12:07:21 PM »
And to think... the unicorns in the tv series can't even wink through walls.
The earth ponies from the backcards would be running rings around them.  :lol:
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline LittleHoneyPie

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Only love is real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 05:14:48 PM »
Great thread!  :D

Seashell's story makes Sea Ponies sounds like wild beasts.
"Seashell was at the beach chasing the waves and rolling in the deep sand dunes. She bent down to lick the salt off her hoofs and, before she knew it, one of her Sea Pony friends had clamped on to her beautiful mane. "Why are you hanging on my mane, Sea Pony?" Seashell asked. "I want to go for a ride," replied her friend, "a real pony ride." "If you asked politely, I'd be happy to give you a ride," Seashell said. But the Sea Pony said nothing and clamped down even harder. Shaking her head in dismay, Seashell gave her a ride she'd never forget!"

Applejack hangs upside down in a tree "like a monkey."

Major creepiness:
Big Top and Toppy make their clown dolls come to life!
Mirror Mirror tells Newborn Twins a nap-time story and shows them a wicked witch in the mirror. Sweet dreams!

Don't eat the food:
Taffy accidentally pours "Magic Sticky Stuff" into the spaghetti. Later she adds "sugar and spice" to the spaghetti. Yuck!

Surprising for Ponyland:
Princess Tiffany falls down the stairs and cries.
Peachy's magical talking mirror seems bossy: "I didn't see you take the flowers, Peachy."

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 05:18:35 PM »
Don't forget the part of Tiffany's story where they make a bouquet appear in her HAND.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2014, 05:34:14 PM »
Ok nobody judge me but I totally BIN'd a MOC Moon Dancer today based solely on this thread and her crazy back story.  Something that awesome must be in my collection.  :P

But now reading Seashell's back card story she seems just as crazy and I might need her now….although she's probably going to be harder to track down than Moon Dancer!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:35:14 PM by cricket »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2014, 06:14:08 PM »
^ sounds like something id totally do

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2014, 07:21:40 PM »
I'd never read Seashell's story before. I wonder why they made the sea ponies sound like they were wild creatures with no manners. It's almost like the early backcard stories had one version of Ponyland in mind and later backcard stories had another although it seems all ponies can blink 3 times and make stuff happen.

Here's another story where it says ponies have hands for Baby Dots and Hearts. I find it a little strange that instead of trying to get the mud off she just made it into dots and Hearts.  From My Little Wiki

When the rain stopped, Baby Dots 'n Hearts ran outside to make mud pies in the dirt. When she finished playing, she wiped the mud from her hands and saw that her pants were covered with mud, too! Smiling, she wiggled her nose, and the muddy spots on her pants changed into little hearts and tiny dots! "It's so fun to play in the mud!" laughed Baby Dots 'n Hearts, running home to show off her new pants!

I thought Applejack hanging upside down like a monkey was funny too. How long was she stuck in the tree?

Here is Lickety Split's story from My Little Wiki

The ponies were enjoying Majesty's birthday party in the Dream Castle garden when Lickety-Split announced she had a special surprise. As they sang Happy Birthday, Lickety kicked her heels twice and the mountains around the castle turned into giant scoops of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream. Two smiling clouds poured hot fudge and whipped cream over the mountains while Cherries Jubilee flew up each creamy mountain and topped it with a bright red cherry. "This is the best birthday surprise I've ever had," Majesty said handing Lickety-Split a heaping dish of chocolate ice cream.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2014, 02:48:45 AM »
I've not laughed this hard in a long time. Wow. These stories are amazing. What were the writers drinking? o.O

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2014, 04:05:30 AM »
G4 does have some.... odd ponies. Snowcatcher, for instance..... her talent is simply catching snowflakes on her tongue. So what does she do in the summer? Mostly their backcards would say their talents.... which in G4, usually became their careers. How does Snowcatcher make a living?? Is her life devoid of meaning when it's not snowing? Does the weather team get made when she catches the snowflakes and interferes with the scheduled snowfalls? And what about Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon? Their talents are being an heiress and being spoiled, respectively. When they grow up, what will they do?
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal