collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Backcard Readers: Who was the NUTTIEST pony in ponyland? (Post stories)  (Read 4308 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Do you have back cards?
Did you read them all?
G1 had quite the variety of stories told about the pony in the box, on the back of the box. Certainly, I have not read them all, but whenever I see one photo online I always read it because they are very curious. Some of them are really cute, like the Rainbow Babies wanted to make their own rainbow so they laid out their hair ribbons on the grass. Aaaaaand some of them didn't make sense.

But, who was the nuttiest pony of them all?
Who's back-card story was just the most bonkers?

Nominate 'em here by telling the story! I want to read everything. (Box back photos not required, you can just sum it up to be easy, but post whatever you like to nominate a pony)

Mine:

Baby Count Down
Built a rocket ship out of SOLID SUNLIGHT PIECES.
The question for this baby wasn't "particle or wave" it was how can I fly into space at about the age of 8. It turns out, yes he could fly into space.

Moondancer
Flew into a rage at Peachy and tried to STEAL A YEAR OF HER LIFE by putting her to sleep, Malificent style until other ponies BEGGED her to release Peachy.
Peachy's crime was eating part of her garden even after being told "no." Moondancer is likely a villain.

What other dirty histories or complete nonsense did the ponies do?
Are there other actually-mean ponies who are more villainous than friendly?
I do wonder who's is the wackiest.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Backcard Readers: Who was the NUTTIEST pony in ponyland? (Post stories)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 03:23:02 PM »
I was surprised the first time I read Moondancer's card. She was so mean. I'm really surprised Hasbro got away with that type of backcard story.

When I was growing up I thought Coco Berry's backcard story was a little strange. From her backcard.

"Coco Berry likes to top her double decker ice cream cones with chocolate sprinkles.  One evening while sleepily making herself a midnight snack she accidently dropped some juicy grapes into her ice cream cone and covered them with chocolate ice cream.  'Dee-liscious' she thought as she bit into the creamy grape wondering why she hadn't thought of this idea before."   

Why would anyone put grapes and ice cream together?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »
LOL, that explains why I like Moondancer so much. I am always drawn to villains...

Wow, some of those are crazy. I dearly wish there was a big, fat book of nothing but pages that were photos/scans of backcards.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 03:37:02 PM »
When I first started reading backcard stories, I was astonished by the amount of earth and unicorn ponies that are described as flying up to the sky for various reasons. I've since given in to pony magic and don't mind when an earth pony wiggles their nose to cast a spell. :P

I still think TAF Buttons is a little weird, though. Weaving buttons into the other ponies HAIR? I wonder if any little kids tried to emulate this behaviour with their toys?

Quote from: MyLittleWiki
Buttons loves to decorate her dresses with beautiful buttons. One night, when all the ponies were asleep, she decorated Ponyland with a basket of buttons. In the morning, the ponies looked outside their windows and were delighted to see buttons glittering in fluffy clouds and twinkling in trees. Buttons wove buttons in their hair to finish her unusual decorations!

And Newborn Twins Speckles and Bunkie... their mom isn't the safest pegasi in the world, is she? Just put some helium balloons on the babies and throw them in to the west wind. They'll learn soon enough. :lol:

Quote from: MyLittleWiki
Early one morning, a double rainbow glistened in the sky to announce the arrival of the Newborn Twin Ponies, Speckles and Bunkie! Soon, Speckles and Bunkie would have to learn to fly like all the other winged ponies. "How will we know when it is time?" the twins asked their mama. She answered them with a smile. "The rainbow will attach colorful balloons to your diaper pins while the west wind guides you along in the breeze." Newborn Twins like to laugh and play in their very special way.

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »
Quarterback the idea that his entrance via flutter ponies didn't break any rules along with the idea at that very moment he could catch the ball and score the game winning touchdown. I don't know much about sports but something there just doesn't seem right

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 03:53:51 PM »
Ain't no rule says a flutter pony can't play football!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 04:05:42 PM »
I LOVE THIS THREAD!

I like the backstories, can't wait to hear more!  Love the SUNLIGHT PIECES.  XD 

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 05:06:02 PM »
There are is a lot of G1 that is totally nuts, the comics in particular.  Which is probably why I like it.  I don't know what the people who wrote these were on, but it must be some powerful stuff.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 05:16:40 PM »
Who was it who made lollipops rain out of the sky by blinking? That's one of my favorites. I'll go check, brb!

Edit: I can't find lollipop raining out of the sky, but Mint Dreams blinked to make a lollipop forest, Sugar Sweet swished her tail to make cotton candy clouds (okay, clouds, cotton candy, I can make the connection between those two,) but Sweet Tooth did all kinds of weird things with her lollies:

Early one morning, Sweet Tooth followed a sunbeam to a field of magical flowers. She gathered colorful powder from the flower petals and hurried back to her kitchen. "What a surprise this will be!" Sweet Tooth giggled as she sprinkled the powder on her latest batch of homemade lollipops. Just then, her friends appeared at the door. "I smell lollipops," Bangles smiled. Strange things began to happen as the ponies licked the lollipops! "My lollipop is filled with my favorite strawberry taffy!" Taffy cried. "Mine turned into a basket of balloons!" Up, Up and Away exclaimed. "Look - my lollipop burst into a candy necklace," Bangle laughed as she placed it around her neck. Then Sweet Tooth blinked her eyes and her own lollipop bloomed into a forest of lollipop trees! This was Sweet Tooth's best batch of lollipops yet!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:22:27 PM by NoPonySpecial »
I'll put something here some time

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 05:19:18 PM »
I adore Moondancer's backcard story. She's such a sassy little thing. Baby!

Also Munchy's doesn't make any sense.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 07:03:54 PM »
off topic, but maybe we should commission fan created back card stories for G4 since they're obviously lacking them.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 07:08:44 PM »
Munchy's story is a good one. She makes hotdogs and hamburgers out of baseball bats and baseballs if I remember correctly

Bubbles' story is cute but she got her name because she was muddy and needed a bath.

From My Little Wiki:

Lemon Drop saw a strange, muddy pony galloping toward her from across the field. "My goodness, I think you need a bath!" she exclaimed as she poured her favorite bubble bath into the waterfall beside the stable. Soon bubbles were everywhere, twinkling in the sun and floating on the gentle breeze. "Perhaps I put in too much bubble bath," she thought. "Oh well, she really is very muddy." After much scrubbing a beautiful, yellow pony emerged from the bubbly water. "I'll call you Bubbles," said Lemon Drop. Bubbles just smiled. She had found a new friend.

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 07:33:03 PM »
Wow!  I was intrigued by the posts here so I just googled Moon Dancer's back card story.  Poor Cotton Candy!  Thank goodness Twilight was there to save her.  I'll have to check out the stories on my MOCs and post back.  I've read them all but nothing juicy that I can remember comes to mind.

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 07:42:23 PM »
Apparently some earth ponies have magic fruit growing abilities. Who knew?

It was a very hot summer day and the ponies were thinking of a way to keep cool. "Let's have a snack while we decide what to do," suggested Scrumptious. She twitched her nose, and heaping plates of juicy watermelon slices appeared! "This is so refreshing," Twist said as she placed a piece of watermelon on her forehead to cool her brow. Scrumptious had an idea! She placed the watermelon on the ground, blinked her eyes... and the watermelon grew and g-r-e-w and GREW until it was a pink and green mountain. "Let's play inside," Scrumptious urged. Bouncy jumped on a seed and slid down a watermelon rind slide into a pool of tasty juice. "What a wonderful way to stay cool," Shady exclaimed as the ponies played inside the magical playground.
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 07:47:13 PM »
Munchy's story is a good one. She makes hotdogs and hamburgers out of baseball bats and baseballs if I remember correctly

Bubbles' story is cute but she got her name because she was muddy and needed a bath.

From My Little Wiki:

Lemon Drop saw a strange, muddy pony galloping toward her from across the field. "My goodness, I think you need a bath!" she exclaimed as she poured her favorite bubble bath into the waterfall beside the stable. Soon bubbles were everywhere, twinkling in the sun and floating on the gentle breeze. "Perhaps I put in too much bubble bath," she thought. "Oh well, she really is very muddy." After much scrubbing a beautiful, yellow pony emerged from the bubbly water. "I'll call you Bubbles," said Lemon Drop. Bubbles just smiled. She had found a new friend.

So, Bubbles is like Flower from Bambi?  "You can call me Bubbles, if you want."  :). What was her name before that?
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal