collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite accent?  (Read 5563 times)

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
Re: Favorite accent?
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2014, 03:51:48 PM »
Awww, have I got to pick only one?

I'm always partial to the Downeast Maine accent, ayuh! I'm a little biased toward that, though. :)

I've also always loved mid-Atlantic American accents; the kind of thing that was popular in Hollywood's silver screen era.

Boston "Blue-Blood" is also a favorite of mine. I think it's what Tabitha St. Germain was going for with her portrayal of Rarity.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:46:12 PM by Bergamot »

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2014, 04:04:38 PM »
I'd definitely go with the British accent, myself. I can't really say which one in particular, though, I like the way most of them sound.  I guess all of those years of watching British shows endeared me to it.

Offline Priggipopoula

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Moondancer is the best pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »
French, italian and greek sounds lovely  :inlove: :inlove:

I really love Greece, their culture is so beautiful and their alphabet are so interesting !
Moondancer is a mischevous unicorn who loves to surprise ponies!

[Avatar made by my friend Abi-Sua! https://www.facebook.com/sugarshoot/?fref=ts ]

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2014, 04:55:56 PM »
Irish :heart:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2014, 05:02:59 PM »
I am Australian, and I think our accent is dumb.  I like the more subtle cajun accent and ones from places like Minnesota and New England within the US.  And I also like some English accents quite a lot. 

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2014, 05:05:15 PM »
This guy I knew online had an Australian accent that sounded mixed with English (his friends teased him for not having a true Australian accent). But it was far more beautiful than theirs to me. :P It was dreamy!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2014, 07:41:40 PM »
Scottish for me too. And British English. Hugh Grant, swooooooooooooon!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2014, 08:17:23 PM »
Ya'll know there isn't JUST ONE British accent, right?  I mean, I think everyone here is thinking the 'posh' Londoner accent, but MOST Brits don't sound like that.  I mean, Cockney accent. . .  Or Yorkshire. . .  :P  Chavs don't sound all that posh either. . .  Or cultured. 

And the from American Southern accent actually originates from different British accents, sooooo. . . 

Which also brings me to the point there is NO one Southern accent.  The stuff on TV is a far cry from how a lot of different southerners sound like.  Maybe Virgina and South Carolina, you might get the plantation southern accent, but NOT where I've been living!  Stuck between the armpit of Georgia and Alabama here in the Pan Handle of Florida.  Sometimes the accent is so thick, it's quite hard to understand some people around here being from Wisconsin originally, and even after 11 years here, sometimes it's like, "What was that?!" 

I, myself, have an inbetweeny accent, I have never picked up the Southern drawl, but I was about an hour and a half out of Chicago in one of the Wisconsin suburbs, and oh, yes, I have a partial Chicago accent to mix with my Wisconsin accent, but I don't have a farm girl accent like some people here think a Wisconsin accent sounds like.  @_@ 

I don't think I necessarily have a favorite accent?  Being someone who studied linguistics, I enjoy a wide range of accents. 

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2014, 08:49:23 PM »
French and German <3
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2014, 09:42:22 PM »
Ya'll know there isn't JUST ONE British accent, right?  I mean, I think everyone here is thinking the 'posh' Londoner accent, but MOST Brits don't sound like that.  I mean, Cockney accent. . .  Or Yorkshire. . .  :P  Chavs don't sound all that posh either. . .  Or cultured. 

And the from American Southern accent actually originates from different British accents, sooooo. . . 

Which also brings me to the point there is NO one Southern accent.  The stuff on TV is a far cry from how a lot of different southerners sound like.  Maybe Virgina and South Carolina, you might get the plantation southern accent, but NOT where I've been living!  Stuck between the armpit of Georgia and Alabama here in the Pan Handle of Florida.  Sometimes the accent is so thick, it's quite hard to understand some people around here being from Wisconsin originally, and even after 11 years here, sometimes it's like, "What was that?!" 

I, myself, have an inbetweeny accent, I have never picked up the Southern drawl, but I was about an hour and a half out of Chicago in one of the Wisconsin suburbs, and oh, yes, I have a partial Chicago accent to mix with my Wisconsin accent, but I don't have a farm girl accent like some people here think a Wisconsin accent sounds like.  @_@ 

I don't think I necessarily have a favorite accent?  Being someone who studied linguistics, I enjoy a wide range of accents. 

I'm sure we're all aware, but as we don't know specifics of those far overseas (or just like them all) we generalize. :) Of course we Americans know the southern accents vary as well. My SO is from MS and his is soooo thick, but then I've heard others even from the same state who sound very different, and of course other states in the south sound nothing like I've heard from him.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2014, 02:10:23 AM »
Single Aussie female looking for a lady here :P lol.

But seriously, I have a thing for the kiwi accent. Its adorable.

My accent unfortunately doesn't sound Australian, I get mistaken for a foreigner a lot, but im born and bred 4th gen aussie. Mine apparently sounds a bit kiwi or South African, no idea why.

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2014, 02:12:36 AM »

I was going to say the same thing myself :P

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2014, 07:14:25 AM »

I was going to say the same thing myself :P

Given that probably 99% of the people I meet think I'm 'from somewhere in Europe, England maybe' I'd say the subtleties between Chav and cockney might be hard for the average American to detect.  Sure you'd think Scottish might be easier.  But I'd throw is out that most American's couldn't tell the difference between Irish and Scottish.

And that isn't having a go.  Most Australians would probably assume someone with a mild Canadian accent was American.  You're ear is only trained for things you're used to hearing regularly.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
Scottish! Maybe because I am scottish, but never lived there, xD but I just think the accent is soooo nice to hear.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • May the Force be with you. Always.
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »
Argentinian, Australian, Espana, Portuguese, Italian, French...:lovey: Any guy with any of those accents make my day, if you know what I mean! ;)
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales-Including Ponies!
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal