collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite accent?  (Read 5636 times)

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Visiting The Land Down Under! :)
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
Re: Favorite accent?
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2014, 08:47:21 AM »
However, being a true patriot, I am banning everyone who loved the Aussie accent!

Looks like I got banned :p
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales-Including Ponies!
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

galaxystardust

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2014, 03:20:01 AM »

OMG! Not at ALL! I :heart: the South African accent! Though I do find the hardcore Afrikaans person speaking English (like Jack Parow or Die Antwoord) rather entertaining, I completely cannot resist an English South African accent. Hmm its hard to describe, like my Afrikaans boyfriend went to an English private school and he's got this South African accent when he speaks English thats just to die for! ... then again, maybe I'm biased! LOL

Hahahaha. Yes, Die Antwoord type accents are hilarious from an entertainment point of view. I love putting that accent on as a joke. But when you're watching a non-SA tv show and suddenly a character appears with an SA accent... UGH!!!

Here is an accent challenge I did cos some of my overseas friend's were asking. I'm South African English, no Afrikaans here :) http://bit.ly/1xLh0eU

Offline Darker

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2014, 08:00:56 PM »
British, because it's the swaggest accent.

And Irish, because it just sounds bad-ass.
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2014, 02:12:19 AM »
I'm South African and personally hate my accent. Also when I hear SA accents on tv I cringe. We sound so stupid
If that's you in that challange video, I would of said british accent, not SA.  :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2014, 07:30:38 AM »
Irish and English accents are so sexy (am I allowed to say that?) Australian is a fun accent. Jamaican accents sound almost musical and I love them. I'm learning that I  really like Japanese accents too. I don't think I have an accent. Its just...there I guess? Just a regular American non-accent? Would you even call that an accent? I used to date this guy from Israel and wow did it blow me away at how gorgeous and soft it was! Yummy :inlove:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 07:43:48 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Darker

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2014, 08:46:38 AM »
Irish and English accents are so sexy (am I allowed to say that?) Australian is a fun accent. Jamaican accents sound almost musical and I love them. I'm learning that I  really like Japanese accents too. I don't think I have an accent. Its just...there I guess? Just a regular American non-accent? Would you even call that an accent? I used to date this guy from Israel and wow did it blow me away at how gorgeous and soft it was! Yummy :inlove:

North-American USA english accent is considered neutral. The same can be said fro the spanish from Mexico and the spanish from Spain. Different accents, but Mexico's is more neutral.
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2014, 10:43:24 AM »

Trust me you have an accent.  No one can hear their own accent.  I am an Australian living in Southern California and I have never met anyone who doesn't have an accent.  The only people who don't sound like they have accents to me are Australians I've already heard speak.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2014, 02:59:49 PM »
Trust me you have an accent.  No one can hear their own accent.  I am an Australian living in Southern California and I have never met anyone who doesn't have an accent.  The only people who don't sound like they have accents to me are Australians I've already heard speak.
Oh yeah, there's a SoCal accent. When I went to college in Indiana people picked it up right away. Apparently it's also a SoCal thing to talk really fast? I didn't notice until I got out of state and people asked me to slow down yet fellow SoCal students could understand me perfectly.

Even in a mono-lingual country like Japan there are accents. I learned to speak conversationally in Iwate prefecture in Tohoku, so I speak Japanese with a Tohoku accent, which Japanese people can pick up instantly.

As for my favorites, Australian, Middle Eastern, and South African accents are my favorite. I also find Indian and Scottish to be interesting to listen to.

Duster reference]

galaxystardust

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2014, 10:18:53 AM »
If that's you in that challange video, I would of said british accent, not SA.  :blush:

Yep that's me in the video  :blush: And phew, that's a relief ;)

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2014, 06:56:57 AM »
I've always liked the Australian accent and British.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2014, 11:48:33 AM »
Lol, this is an interesting question. To be honest -- I like a real Caribbean accent. Though any accent from another country is always interesting to listen to. My aunt is Russian, and she does NOT have the stereotypical Russian accent that you always hear in movies and things. Not all Russians have the same accent, and I always have to point that out when we're watching one of those movies.

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2014, 12:25:20 PM »
Good question!  I like lots of African accents, myself - especially those from Nigeria, Uganda and Liberia!  :D

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2014, 05:54:18 PM »
British and Australian.  Guys with those accents.....mmmmm, lol!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2014, 06:55:19 PM »
British and Australian.  Guys with those accents.....mmmmm, lol!

Of course you would like a British accent, Cumberbatch2012. ^.^

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2014, 09:31:17 PM »
Gosh this is giving me a giggle... what is with the Australian accent that appeals to so many people? Of course I can't tell because I've got one myself, you can't hear your own accent. Though I get teased endlessly by my boss (who's from England) and coworker (Aus/NZ) that I sound American or Canadian! :P

I guess I like Irish accents, but I've only ever heard them on tv which isn't the best example. I've grown up with so much American and British TV that the mild accents sound normal. I want to hear a strong American accent in person, and more broad Aussie accents, I rarely hear them locally lol.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal