collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 68419 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #600 on: December 19, 2014, 11:01:48 AM »
Wow Spiffy that sounds completely awful every experience I have had ship to store and most I have heard of sounds completely awful. Too much fishy business, I will never do that again, so glad I didn't do that at all this wave. The wave will be forever known as the biggest mess ever! I hope for the Jan/Feb ones it goes much smoother... and I hope OTHER stores like target and walmart start getting there own new ponies, because HT can be a pain to deal with not going to lie.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 19, 2014, 11:24:59 AM »
Spiffy- I'm so sorry. I commend you for your positive attitude but man I would have been yelling at someone. 

Ht has been miserable thus go round. I'm sending everyone hugs and pony nuzzles.

Niksilp

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #602 on: December 19, 2014, 11:45:44 AM »
I got my order this morning (free two day shipping! Thanks for doing something right, Hot Topic). 3x Luna and 3x Celestia. No glitters. I'm disappointed but not really surprised. :(

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 19, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »
Yeah, I don't fully understand why HT gets exclusivity on the figures for so long before they pop up elsewhere.  Surely Funko realizes that they would still make a lot of money by having other stores sell them alongside HT...
Instagram / Want List

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #604 on: December 19, 2014, 11:52:27 AM »
To be fair, I think it's only right to assume that anyone who is buying more than one of each of a product is probably going to sell the extras at a higher price.  I mean, eBay is all the proof you need of that what with people paying more than double the original price for a regular Funko figure that's up for “pre-sale".

Seriously, someone explain that to me.  Is it because the figures are no longer in stock on HT's site?  Is that why people are willing to pay nearly triple the retail price for figure that isn't even a variant?  I remember when we first found out about these figures in October and people were buying them for pre-sale at crazy prices on eBay. That legit confuses me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway...

Not that I think it's right to just go through an order without notifying the buyer, but I get why they're treating bulk orders the way they are.

Well I ordered 5 of each so that I could sell them AT COST and at my inconvenience, for the increased chance of getting a glitter. I think lots of people do that. It works out for everyone, I help out a few international friends who don't want to wait, and there is at least a chance (not a great one but one exists) of getting a glitter.

In fact, I still have 1 of each up for grabs if someone is interested. At cost, actual shipping only. :D

Post Merge: December 19, 2014, 09:27:54 AM

I didn't pre-order this time around but I've been calling a bunch of hot topics near by but none have gotten the princesses. What's funny is that I have glitter Luna and I just purchased  glitter celestia. Looks like I'll be having the glitters before the solids.
No love for us here on the east coast.  :cry:

I'm really tempted to bid on a glitter Celestia, but I know I'll get outbid because I'm not paying like... $70.

Don't worry, the glitters are always high at first and then go down to the $50 range, and then the $35/$40 range.  I haven't seen too many cheaper than about $32-  but they ALL drop in price eventually. Remember when Spitfire was $200? She is finally dropping to the $75 range now. I will finally get her when she does her next drop (probably once she becomes more common at Hot Topics)
So True , I saw a glitter Big Mac on an auction that ended for 17.50
:) cheaper than a regular one :)
lucky lucky person :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 19, 2014, 11:59:30 AM »
When all is said & done, I will be writing a neutral letter to HT and Funko outlining what a disaster this has been.

Things go wrong.  It's how the company handles the situation that makes a difference. I cannot believe what "Indiana" told me today.  This, on top of previous calls to their customer service, make me never want to order from them online again.

Local stores and their management can (and usually are) be exceptional...but they ateimited to what they're able to do based on the resources they are given.  When an employee cant reach thier helpline & end up with someone like "Indiana"...and thats after being disconnected first...is unacceptable

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 19, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »
When all is said & done, I will be writing a neutral letter to HT and Funko outlining what a disaster this has been.

Things go wrong.  It's how the company handles the situation that makes a difference. I cannot believe what "Indiana" told me today.  This, on top of previous calls to their customer service, make me never want to order from them online again.

Local stores and their management can (and usually are) be exceptional...but they ateimited to what they're able to do based on the resources they are given.  When an employee cant reach thier helpline & end up with someone like "Indiana"...and thats after being disconnected first...is unacceptable

I think that's the right thing to do. 

Honestly, maybe we all should write letters about the orders this time around.  While not all of us had extreme cases like you, it seems like we've all dealt with something unacceptable with the pre-orders.  I had a handful of people from customer service lie to me about me order before I even got it, not to mention the whole "we can't send your order out because you also ordered Celestia and we don't have her yet" BS that they pulled, knowing very well that other people who placed an order for Celestia and Luna had received Luna already (I had numerous friends who had placed an order for them both in one order and were able to get Luna, even though I placed my order before them and didn't get my order until this week).

We can complain here all we want, but when it comes down to it, we need to let them know that we're completely unhappy with how things were handled this time around to, hopefully, avoid crap like this from happening in the future.

That's what I think, at least.  ^.^
Instagram / Want List

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #607 on: December 19, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »
If mine ever come and aren't glitters, I'd be happy to help you fulfill one of your orders, Spiffy. I wanted to cancel them anyway.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 19, 2014, 12:55:58 PM »
When English is most likely your second language (and you most likely picked your name off a list of American-sounding names), anything is possible.

Post Merge: December 19, 2014, 11:17:53 AM

I think the main reason I put up with this is because I sold 5 people pre-orders on eBay.

I just gave this a lot of thought and have come to terms with the situation.  It's okay if I get negative feedback.   This situation is completely out of my hands.

1) the very first person who ordered gets a set.  He already left me positive feedback a month ago, so it must have been in the stars they these ponies were meant for him.

2) I can give the option of immediate refunds

3) I can give the second option of working with my local HT to get the ponies.  It would be at least 2 weels, if not longer to get them on my end.  It may be faster than waiting for HT to add them to their site again.  It's another gamble.

If people choose refunds, I can tell the local DM not to worry about tracking ponies down fr me...which would get rid of some of the stress on his end.

Oh that stinks that you had pre-orders! Mistaking 1 for 7? That is insane. Employee theft seems more likely honestly. 

I have never had good customer service with Hot Topic- the two times I have had a problem with my order, I waited on the phone for 30 minutes before even speaking to a human :( 
I have tried emailing customer service with questions or problems, but they answer a completely different problem (after a wait of like 4 days) or not at all.

Post Merge: December 19, 2014, 12:58:37 PM

Yeah, I don't fully understand why HT gets exclusivity on the figures for so long before they pop up elsewhere.  Surely Funko realizes that they would still make a lot of money by having other stores sell them alongside HT...

It's a business decision.  Hot Topic agrees to carry the product in exchange for limited exclusivity for a period of time.  Funko is not a regular product at any one store, so it is a big deal when a store as common as HT says they will carry the product.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:58:37 PM by Galactica »

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #609 on: December 19, 2014, 12:59:03 PM »

I think that's the right thing to do. 

Honestly, maybe we all should write letters about the orders this time around.  While not all of us had extreme cases like you, it seems like we've all dealt with something unacceptable with the pre-orders.  I had a handful of people from customer service lie to me about me order before I even got it, not to mention the whole "we can't send your order out because you also ordered Celestia and we don't have her yet" BS that they pulled, knowing very well that other people who placed an order for Celestia and Luna had received Luna already (I had numerous friends who had placed an order for them both in one order and were able to get Luna, even though I placed my order before them and didn't get my order until this week).

We can complain here all we want, but when it comes down to it, we need to let them know that we're completely unhappy with how things were handled this time around to, hopefully, avoid crap like this from happening in the future.

That's what I think, at least.  ^.^
That is an awesome idea :)
I was told a DM will call me and guess they have not had the  time :(
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 19, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »
It's a business decision.  Hot Topic agrees to carry the product in exchange for limited exclusivity for a period of time.  Funko is not a regular product at any one store, so it is a big deal when a store as common as HT says they will carry the product.
I understand that, I guess I just think it'd be better if we could get them at Walmart or Target as well.  I know Walmart has the figures, but they only have the older ones right now.  I would gladly get my figures from there over HT if it weren't for the fact that HT gets them first.

Then again, they tried that with Toys R Us and everyone complained about the quality of the figures, so...maybe that won't be a good idea.

The black Rainbow Dash Target exclusive at least means Target might start carrying more figures.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 19, 2014, 01:09:02 PM »
I understand that, I guess I just think it'd be better if we could get them at Walmart or Target as well.  I know Walmart has the figures, but they only have the older ones right now.  I would gladly get my figures from there over HT if it weren't for the fact that HT gets them first.

Then again, they tried that with Toys R Us and everyone complained about the quality of the figures, so...maybe that won't be a good idea.

The black Rainbow Dash Target exclusive at least means Target might start carrying more figures.

Well the best way of getting that to occur, is to call Walmart and Target and email their merchandise people, and ask them to stock Funko.  I'm sure Funko would LOVE to have their products sold at the Marts. It is not really their decision who sells their products, its the stores.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 19, 2014, 01:10:21 PM »
If mine ever come and aren't glitters, I'd be happy to help you fulfill one of your orders, Spiffy. I wanted to cancel them anyway.
Thank you for offering!  That is amazing of you :)

I think it would just add to the complications/stress on my end, so I am going to pass for now.  Who knows: I may buy from you for my personal collection!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 19, 2014, 01:10:51 PM »
Well the best way of getting that to occur, is to call Walmart and Target and email their merchandise people, and ask them to stock Funko.  I'm sure Funko would LOVE to have their products sold at the Marts. It is not really their decision who sells their products, its the stores.

Ah, I got'cha.  I just might do that.
Instagram / Want List

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 19, 2014, 01:12:53 PM »
This is what I sent to my eBay buyers:

"I received notification that my order had arrived in-store. When I went to pick them up, the ponies I ordered weren't in the box. After spending over two hours in the store trying to sort this out, there are two options I can provide:

1) I refund you via PayPal immediately because I cannot deliver them in a timely manner.

2) I am working with the District Manager in my area to have ponies that are in-store in California sent to me in Pennsylvania. I am told that the earliest this process can begin is next Thursday. This process can (and will) take a few weeks. Both Luna & Celestia are sold out online. They are not expecting to have them back in stock in a timely manner due to the strike/shipping complications at the Port of Los Angeles.

This second option is a gamble - I have no guarantee that the DM can get me the ponies. We can take a wait-and-see or I can refund you now & email you if I get them in & resell them to you.

Please let me know - I am terribly sorry about this!

- littlespiffy"

If I don't hear back by this time tomorrow, they'll be getting a refund.  I've been holding on to their payments in my PayPal since October and it's just too much stress not knowing if I'll be able to deliver!

Post Merge: December 19, 2014, 01:34:25 PM

writing my letter now - this is getting fun.  Thank goodness for this thread - it's helping me pull key dates :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 01:34:25 PM by LittleSpiffy »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal