collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 69144 times)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #585 on: December 19, 2014, 07:46:27 AM »
I REALLY wish HotTopic would have a special listing for the glitter variants, I would paydouble or even like near $40 for one if I could preorder one! :O

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 19, 2014, 07:47:57 AM »

Give it a shot you never know
I didn't pre-order this time around but I've been calling a bunch of hot topics near by but none have gotten the princesses. What's funny is that I have glitter Luna and I just purchased  glitter celestia. Looks like I'll be having the glitters before the solids.
No love for us here on the east coast.  :cry:

I'm really tempted to bid on a glitter Celestia, but I know I'll get outbid because I'm not paying like... $70.

Post Merge: December 19, 2014, 07:48:38 AM

I REALLY wish HotTopic would have a special listing for the glitter variants, I would paydouble or even like near $40 for one if I could preorder one! :O

I completely agree.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 19, 2014, 07:59:42 AM »
Not true about them giving glitters to people who only order one. I have only ever ordered one of each and not a single glitter has come to me.

Same here. The only glitters I have I either traded for or found in the wild, despite preordering almost every new duo through Hot Topic.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #588 on: December 19, 2014, 08:17:27 AM »
Not true about them giving glitters to people who only order one. I have only ever ordered one of each and not a single glitter has come to me.

Same here. The only glitters I have I either traded for or found in the wild, despite preordering almost every new duo through Hot Topic.

Its all about luck really! I myself have ordered 1 of each and never recieved glitters in my preorders. However, I have found 2 in HT and quite a few in my comic book stores! I have only bought maybe a few off ebay?

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 19, 2014, 09:11:06 AM »
I only order one of each and I have only received one glitter. So I think it's completely random :)
My Wish List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 19, 2014, 09:16:35 AM »

Its all about luck really! I myself have ordered 1 of each and never recieved glitters in my preorders. However, I have found 2 in HT and quite a few in my comic book stores! I have only bought maybe a few off ebay?
Yeah it's pretty much random luck. The other glitters I have I just happened to be at an HT store at the right place and time. I remember one time a store had two glitters of Fluttershy and three of Dr. Hooves, so it is even possible for stores to get in more than one glitter.

And I totally agree about there needing to be a special listing for glitters. It sure would help things out for people.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 19, 2014, 09:22:56 AM »
To be fair, I think it's only right to assume that anyone who is buying more than one of each of a product is probably going to sell the extras at a higher price.  I mean, eBay is all the proof you need of that what with people paying more than double the original price for a regular Funko figure that's up for “pre-sale".

Seriously, someone explain that to me.  Is it because the figures are no longer in stock on HT's site?  Is that why people are willing to pay nearly triple the retail price for figure that isn't even a variant?  I remember when we first found out about these figures in October and people were buying them for pre-sale at crazy prices on eBay. That legit confuses me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway...

Not that I think it's right to just go through an order without notifying the buyer, but I get why they're treating bulk orders the way they are.

Well I ordered 5 of each so that I could sell them AT COST and at my inconvenience, for the increased chance of getting a glitter. I think lots of people do that. It works out for everyone, I help out a few international friends who don't want to wait, and there is at least a chance (not a great one but one exists) of getting a glitter.

In fact, I still have 1 of each up for grabs if someone is interested. At cost, actual shipping only. :D

Post Merge: December 19, 2014, 09:27:54 AM

I didn't pre-order this time around but I've been calling a bunch of hot topics near by but none have gotten the princesses. What's funny is that I have glitter Luna and I just purchased  glitter celestia. Looks like I'll be having the glitters before the solids.
No love for us here on the east coast.  :cry:

I'm really tempted to bid on a glitter Celestia, but I know I'll get outbid because I'm not paying like... $70.

Don't worry, the glitters are always high at first and then go down to the $50 range, and then the $35/$40 range.  I haven't seen too many cheaper than about $32-  but they ALL drop in price eventually. Remember when Spitfire was $200? She is finally dropping to the $75 range now. I will finally get her when she does her next drop (probably once she becomes more common at Hot Topics)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:27:54 AM by Galactica »

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 19, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »
If they put special listings for glitters, I'm sure that stock would sell out very fast (if not in minutes, then in hours).

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 19, 2014, 09:57:22 AM »
If they put special listings for glitters, I'm sure that stock would sell out very fast (if not in minutes, then in hours).
it could last longer if they put in a "only one per person/account/address" limit. But yeah, it certainly would only last a day, at the very most.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 19, 2014, 10:33:12 AM »
Forgive any typos: I am on my phone & I'm not a master of the touchscreen.

My story:

I got an email that my order arrived yesterday.  This morning, my mom gave me a ride to the store, which is an hour away from home.  Why did I choose this particular store?  We're out this way about once a month to shop at a specialty grocery store.  Thought I cpuld combine my pickup w/  a grocery shopping trip.  The delayed shipment threw me for a loop, so a special trip qas made today

One person was manning the store.  She had a complicated service issue ahead of me.  That took 15 mins.  Told her what I needed.  She took the customers behind me first, which was another 5 - 10 mins.

Not mad at this point.  Normal course of business.

I ordered 7 of each pony.  That's 14 funko ponies.  She did the smart thing and opened the box before  marking it rec'd.  Only 2 (one or each).  No "1 of..." marksd on the box.  While on hold waiting for customer service, she marked the ponies as rec'd.

A second employee came to work (thank god).  He manned the registers.

30 mins.  Cust service picks up...and then disconnects.  Close to 30 mins after this, she gets "Indiana" in customer service.  Long story short, we both talked to Indiana who told me that a) 1's and 7's look similar  b)my ponies were stolen by an employee & theycant correct the order because theyre sold out and c) stores close to me have them in stock.  She gave me ten store numbers that the employee can look up & have them shipped in.  d) she can't do a refund because she didn't have the capability, but put a request in for one...but no confirmation number e) all of the stores she gave me Re in California because C's and P's look similar (CA and PA).

After nearly TWO HOURS I have something in writing from the emploee of what I am owed, a promise of a potential refund (I can always take this up with Visa), the possibility that the DM can get the others in (I don't even know if it's worth it at this point) for me.

I'm furious,  my mom who was waiting for me is furious at me, and the poor employee who helped me got a late lunch/missed her lunch plans/got a heckuva lot of stress added to her day.

I think I'm done with Funkos.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 19, 2014, 10:35:30 AM »
Oh my God Spiffy, I totally understand why you'd be done at this point.  That's horrible.

I know it isn't helpful, but I'm sending you lots of pony hugs.  I had to wait over 40 minutes at HT when I picked up my order because they were charging me for two orders, even though I had only ordered one of each in a single order.  It was frustrating, but the employee handled things as smoothly as he could.  That seems like nothing now! :(

Don't worry, the glitters are always high at first and then go down to the $50 range, and then the $35/$40 range.  I haven't seen too many cheaper than about $32-  but they ALL drop in price eventually. Remember when Spitfire was $200? She is finally dropping to the $75 range now. I will finally get her when she does her next drop (probably once she becomes more common at Hot Topics)
Oh trust me, I know how it works.  I've posted about it before, but I've only paid over $50 for two glitters and the only reason I paid over $50 for Spitfire was due to shipping; she was still $50. Bon Bon I paid $90 for, but my fiance paid for half so it wasn't too bad. I don't regret that either seeing as she's still impossible to find.

All the others I've either gotten at the store, in my order, through a trade or for less than $40 on eBay, then there was :muffin: and Rainbow Dash for $18 each on Amazon, and the only two I'm missing are the newest ones. I just guess this whole fiasco has made me impatient, and I've found a decently priced glitter Celestia on eBay...but I will absolutely not go over my limit for her.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:58:49 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 19, 2014, 10:36:55 AM »
Forgive any typos: I am on my phone & I'm not a master of the touchscreen.

My story:

I got an email that my order arrived yesterday.  This morning, my mom gave me a ride to the store, which is an hour away from home.  Why did I choose this particular store?  We're out this way about once a month to shop at a specialty grocery store.  Thought I cpuld combine my pickup w/  a grocery shopping trip.  The delayed shipment threw me for a loop, so a special trip qas made today

One person was manning the store.  She had a complicated service issue ahead of me.  That took 15 mins.  Told her what I needed.  She took the customers behind me first, which was another 5 - 10 mins.

Not mad at this point.  Normal course of business.

I ordered 7 of each pony.  That's 14 funko ponies.  She did the smart thing and opened the box before  marking it rec'd.  Only 2 (one or each).  No "1 of..." marksd on the box.  While on hold waiting for customer service, she marked the ponies as rec'd.

A second employee came to work (thank god).  He manned the registers.

30 mins.  Cust service picks up...and then disconnects.  Close to 30 mins after this, she gets "Indiana" in customer service.  Long story short, we both talked to Indiana who told me that a) 1's and 7's look similar  b)my ponies were stolen by an employee & theycant correct the order because theyre sold out and c) stores close to me have them in stock.  She gave me ten store numbers that the employee can look up & have them shipped in.  d) she can't do a refund because she didn't have the capability, but put a request in for one...but no confirmation number e) all of the stores she gave me Re in California because C's and P's look similar (CA and PA).

After nearly TWO HOURS I have something in writing from the emploee of what I am owed, a promise of a potential refund (I can always take this up with Visa), the possibility that the DM can get the others in (I don't even know if it's worth it at this point) for me.

I'm furious,  my mom who was waiting for me is furious at me, and the poor employee who helped me got a late lunch/missed her lunch plans/got a heckuva lot of stress added to her day.

I think I'm done with Funkos.

Or at least with ordering 7 of each  (that seems to be where things fall apart)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 19, 2014, 10:50:47 AM »
LoL, because 7's and 1's look the same!  $206 for two pobies?  :lmao:

Post Merge: December 19, 2014, 10:51:22 AM

Er, lonies...I mean ponies!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 19, 2014, 10:54:44 AM »
Also, P's and C's look the same! Who knew?!
Instagram / Want List

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 19, 2014, 10:58:54 AM »
When English is most likely your second language (and you most likely picked your name off a list of American-sounding names), anything is possible.

Post Merge: December 19, 2014, 11:17:53 AM

I think the main reason I put up with this is because I sold 5 people pre-orders on eBay.

I just gave this a lot of thought and have come to terms with the situation.  It's okay if I get negative feedback.   This situation is completely out of my hands.

1) the very first person who ordered gets a set.  He already left me positive feedback a month ago, so it must have been in the stars they these ponies were meant for him.

2) I can give the option of immediate refunds

3) I can give the second option of working with my local HT to get the ponies.  It would be at least 2 weels, if not longer to get them on my end.  It may be faster than waiting for HT to add them to their site again.  It's another gamble.

If people choose refunds, I can tell the local DM not to worry about tracking ponies down fr me...which would get rid of some of the stress on his end.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:17:53 AM by LittleSpiffy »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal