collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The pony "not-like" thread.  (Read 3653 times)

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The pony "not-like" thread.
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 06:20:40 AM »
I have a few.
BBEs: they just look... wrong
Sea ponies. They just don't appeal, and they're very limited as to what you can actually do with them
Ballerina ponies, again they just don't appeal
The teeny tiny baby ponies: I'm afraid I don't find them cute, just really weird-looking  :blink:
Flutter ponies: I just don't click with them, they've got this odd facial expression that makes them look kind of nervous or fed up!
G3.5
Those G3 So Soft newborns
Equestria Girls: I like ponies, not dolls, so while I've definitely warmed to G4 ponies, I just don't see the point of the girls  :huh:

When buying I try and avoid ponies that smell smoky. Unfortunately eBay sellers aren't always honest about this, and I recently ended up with a couple of ponies that absolutely stink. They're currently sitting on the table in a Ziploc bag of bicarb until the smell goes away!

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 08:06:30 AM »
G3.5 for me. I honestly tried, but I couldn't love them.  -_-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • May the Force be with you. Always.
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 08:20:27 AM »
G1 BBEs (just plain creepy eyes)
G1 Mimic (I don't like her color combo at all, bright red and lime green just don't work outside of a mixed drink) *ducks fakies*
G1 Precious Pockets (an interesting idea in theory, not in practice)
G1 So Softs (they just seem like a bad idea altogether, given kids' tendency to get sticky/dirty/gooey stuff all over their hands when they play; they don't preserve well)
G2s (not my thing)
G3.5s (just a creepy design altogether)
Equestria Girls Dolls (not my thing)
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales-Including Ponies!
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 08:20:50 AM »
G1-G3 I'll never collect. The irony is that most people say they dislike G4 for looking like deer...and that's exactly why I like them. :lol: I don't like G1-G3 ponies because I'm actually scared of horses! I like seeing them in other people's collections, but I've never even considered buying one for myself for even a second.

Equestria Girls is still a maybe right now, but if they keep going the way they are, then I'll never collect these either. I don't care for the faces and the articulation has been lacking. The hair and outfits look nice on some, but it isn't enough to convince me to buy them.

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 08:59:11 AM »
G1 So Softs (they just seem like a bad idea altogether, given kids' tendency to get sticky/dirty/gooey stuff all over their hands when they play; they don't preserve well)

Yes, I've always thought it was a weird idea for a kids' toy!

Offline BomChorom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 09:25:15 AM »
Definitely don't like the BBE ponies, these fellas are plain creepy...
G2s with articulated back legs, their back lags are disproportionately far from each other compared to their front legs!
The Diva pose (G3)!!! Although I love the g3s and anything about them, I find the look of the diva pose ponies too obnoxious and arrogant. I mean ponies are supposed to look sweet and kind :shrug:
G4. I like the G4 and the series too are cool, but I find the price a bit high for these itsy-bitsy ponies. G3's cost was the same and they were double the size of the G4s!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »
I don't like:

* G3.5 (except the little houses/sets which are super cute- but the PONIES are good for nothing but making into custom Griffons by Salli)
* BBE ponies (SO HIDEOUS)
* Ballerina ponies- (they look so awkward to me)
* Stiff arm and leg Equestria Girls (love those new punk-looking ones!!!) - however, not sure they can be categorized as ponies...

* I also don't like G1 pony wear.  I LOVE custom ponies that are wearing clothing for some reason, but pony-wear just looks so odd and ill-fitting to me.  I can't imagine if I had popped a set of pantaloons and a bonnet onto my old pony...

I USED to hate G2- but now I think they are sweet.  I USED to hate G4, but now I like them too (I guess their marketing plan  works because I DID like them a lot more after watching the cartoon...)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 10:22:42 AM »
I'll say this right now...I don't like that ponies I've really wanted to see (Roseluck, Sapphire Shores) are being made into dolls and NOT actual brushable ponies.  I don't mind the dolls, but could they PLEASE make the ponies, too?! 

I also don't like an all-pink or all-pastel pony.  That's partially why I love G1 so much...there's SO much variety in colors, and there are a great number of beautiful neon ponies whose colors pop and shine. 

Also not a huge Megan/Molly fan. 

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 01:21:30 PM »
Oh boy, this might take a while.

-Long hair. I hate it on official merch, I hate it even more on customs. Imo it just looks tacky and out of place and doesn't display well, just hanging awkwardly off to the side.

-Equestria Girls. WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE. They're super cute, I'd buy 'em all if they weren't $20-30 each. That's like. $100 for 5 cheap little dolls. No thanks.

-Greek ponies. I don't understand the appeal - so many look EXACTLY like the US releases, with the exception of the hoof marking that can't even be seen unless you turn them over. And, like EqG, they're ridiculously expensive. Are they even that rare? Whenever I go on the nirvana forum I'm practically tripping over them. There are a few I wouldn't mind buying, but none I plan on actually getting.

-Magic Motions of any generation other than 4. They just look horrible.

-Funko glitters and recolors. Really, Funko in general. The only reason I started collecting to begin with was because a friend gave me Applejack and she was too cute to sell, and now I'm hooked.

-4DE plushies. Again with the prices. Sorry, but I'm not gonna spend $20+ on a stuffed animal.

-Translucent/glittery ponies in generations prior to g4. Especially glow 'n shows. Why were half of them orange. In fact...

-Orange/yellow ponies in general.

-The lack of gray, black and brown ponies.

-Neon blindbags. Yuck.

-Flocked white ponies - they yellow so quickly.

-Glitter loss, cancer, bad eye rubs (as in 2/3 or more of the eye is gone, which I've seen).

-Dirty plush/flocked ponies.

-Frizzy hair, especially on ponies with tinsel, because then you can't even flat iron them.

-Tail rust, in particular on g3s. Their heads are so hard to remove.

-Flocked ponies in general. I wouldn't even be able to touch them without fear of messing up or dirtying their flocking.

-MOCs. They just don't display very well, in my opinion. MIBs are cool, though.

-Ponies with excessive gaudy body paint - i.e Through the Mirror Fashion Style Twilight, most Rainbow Power ponies, those new Celestia and Twilight Fashion Styles, Fancy Pants babies, etc. TAFs are an exception.

-Curls in hair.

-G1 repros, though I'd love to have them MIB as they are the only MIB g1s I'll ever be able to afford.

-G4 rereleases.

-G3 clone pose.

-G4 fandom-favorites. Muffin Horse and Dr. Whooves especially. Lyra and Bon Bon have pretty designs, and I actually like Vinyl Scratch and Octavia, but the two most popular ones irritate me.

-Ponies with canon names getting different names on the merch, like Lulamoon and Buttonbelle. Do they think little girls will refuse to but something unless it has some overly cutesy name? What happened to the days where we had ponies with names like Glory and Quarterback?

-Adorable ponies like the Soft Sleepy Newborns and Bay Breeze and TAF babies who I'll never be able to afford :c

Well, that turned into a rant. Oops. As you can see, I'm a fairly picky collector, especially on g1, though it's one of my favorite generations.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:26:13 PM by Mrbrightsky »
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 02:35:49 PM »
G2, G3.5, Anything with articulated neck legs etc, ponies without rooted hair, super-long hair. BBEs, so-softs, peek-a-boo, ballerina, basically anything that looks weird to me. Equestria girls. I even found reasons not to like sparkle ponies (cartoon cutie marks). My collection is huge already I had to find a way of keeping it manageable. One suitcase and one display cabinet are all I can cope with so I left the rest out. I only have one baby pony with a painted on nappy and one with a first tooth since I'm not a fan of these either  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Rainfeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 03:30:10 PM »

Well, that turned into a rant. Oops. As you can see, I'm a fairly picky collector, especially on g1, though it's one of my favorite generations.

That's the purpose of this topic :P Well, that and getting to know each other better.
Reading back now, I saw so much I want to add to my 'nope-líst' too.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 06:56:36 PM »
BBE's
Perfume Puffs, all of that poofy hair is just downright obnoxious to me :/
So Softs.. it doesn't even match their body color the majority of the time from what i've seen
Dream Beauties are kinda tacky to me.
G2 ponies...I was (still am) considering owning one but they look like cheaply made horses and I can't find a single one that''s normal :( they either have some weird hole in their mouth area or moving legs >.< just give me a regular G2 please!! Dx
Flutter Ponies. I don't like clipping on wings :s
G3.5 There was no point of that line  :|
Hasbro's overuse of "Dazzle" in the G4 line
Tacky designs on the G4 line (some of it's ok, but if it's just completely random then I hate it)
Iridescent tinsel. Just a minor bother though.
The "Infamous salute" hands on the newer EQG dolls :c it's hideous and that's really horrible of Hasbro to do that... I wonder if they even recognize it  :huh:
Talking pony toys...I hate talking toys in general >.<

Overpriced ponies.

That's it for now :s
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 07:11:41 PM »
Disclaimer: To each their own

G4 anything-I don't like those molds at all and desperately hope that Hasbro will go back to at least a more G3 type mold

G3.5 anything-I was unhappy when I saw them start to show up in stores

Ponies with bad mane haircuts (only cuz I'm sure I'd ruin them if I tried to rehair them, I might do ok with tails, maybe. hopefully)

EQGs-I got into MLP cause I didn't wanna play with dolls, so why am I seeing Dolls that were once Ponies?!?! The whole idea sounds like an overdone fanfic. in fact it wouldn't surprise me if (for the record I'm an avid ff reader and writer) that's where they got the idea from.

BBE-creepy lil soul-suckers from beyond the abyss. if I ever did get one in a lot, I'd practically give it to anyone on the TP or Arena for free, before I wake up to find it floating over my head one night and pulling a Shang Tsung on me.

Perfume Puffs-if they had normal hair, they'd be lovely, but they don't so no.

Dance n Prance/Soda Sippin Ponies-don't like the knobs that stick outta their necks or the holes in the wrong part of their face, its a shame cuz they are attractive otherwise

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 07:34:38 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 07:16:11 PM »
I'm a G1 only collector, and although I would like to have the complete US line one day, I never will because I'm not partial to the sea ponies, adults or babies.  -_-

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2014, 07:22:39 PM »
Oh goodness.  Where do I start?

Anything after G2 basically, for me.  I think G3's look kind of nice, here and there, but they seem generic, and there's so many of them, it's like the opposite issue from G4, from what I've seen.  So, total pass for me.

Most of the G4's are terrible.  The quality is atrocious.  I have a want for a Zilla, and I have a fashion sized Rarity, but that's it.  The line is just pure crap, which is sad because most of the show is pretty adorable.  The 'gimmick' ponies are even more awful, horribly proportioned and just kind of ridiculous.  The hair is super horrible on them, very cheap, prone to frizz and dryness, and then it's all the same old ponies over and over and over.  Bleh! 

G2's are hit and miss for me.  I don't like any moving bits and bobs, so that does mean quite a few are happily collectible for me.  Just. . .They're European release. 

In terms of G1 ponies, I hate the Tootsie pose.  Just do not like that pose what so ever. 

I also do not like ridiculously over-long hair, minus Rapunzel.  I think Rapunzel gets a pass.  But no small pony needs three feet of hair.  It just looks silly.

I don't like when custom makers over stuff the tail hole to the point it puckers.  It looks bad, and makes me fear they might start tearing tail plugs. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal