collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The pony "not-like" thread.  (Read 3654 times)

Rainfeather

• Trade Count: (0)
The pony "not-like" thread.
« on: October 08, 2014, 04:32:15 PM »
I know, maybe it is a bit scary...maybe you feel ashamed...

We all like My Little Pony.
There is so.... much....pony... you can't like everything!

What will you NEVER collect MLP related?
What totally puts you off? (nicotine smell, missing plugs)
What ponies you just... don't have a 'click' with? (a.k.a. hate)

TS begins.

Megans.
Megans are not ponies. Megans are human dolls. I don't like human dolls. That's why I collect equisterian dolls a.k.a. ponies. I like pony-wear though. This brings up a dillema, what to do with the sundance/megan ponywear :( :(

Haircuts.
I did it to my barbies. No regrets. But still I want to go back in time and spank children who did it. And myself, for the barbie-lovers.

G4's.
Well. I say that now. I said it about G2's 15 years ago. Nostalgia can be a doodoohead. Maybe I'll like them in 10 years, and regret not collecting them in their prime. Luckely I still have you guys to trade with then.

New g1 pony wear
I just hate it because I want to catch them all but never actually wear it.

Customs
I like the creativity and skills people have and put in to them. I like looking at them and 'ooooh' and 'aaaah' and feel jealous not having those skills. But I would never have one in my collection. Maybe also to make a clear 'end' at my collection. Collecting ponies fills the house pretty fast, I have to set boundries.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:36:02 PM by Rainfeather »

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
Re: The pony "not-like" thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »
I have no patience for sunfading or flocking removal, so there are two ponies at my local flea market that will sit there until the end of time.  One says "RACHEL" all across its side, and the other looks like it was in a war. Oh and they're about $6 each last time I checked.

As far as stuff I'll never collect? G2s are growing on me, and I won't leave one behind when I find them, but I haven't sought them out.  The g4 Squish-ems, I think they're cute, but it just seems like something that gets icky with time.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 04:43:01 PM »
I do not like when common G1 ponies are waaaaaay over priced at antique malls.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 05:11:27 PM »
I don't mind permanent marker in inconspicuous places (like hooves) or when the kid was writing his or her names.  But permanent marker all over bothers me.  I found a lovely, bright white Majesty with blue marker on her symbol and her hoof.  Made me sad.

Don't hate them but I'm getting kind of tired of the G4 repeats, too.  Even the snow globe ponies didn't particularly impress me so far.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 05:25:43 PM »
G4 anything *hides*
G3.5 anything
Ponyville anything
Blind Bag anything
Funko
Build-a-Bear
G1 Petites -just nahhh... no thanks!
 :heart:
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 05:39:36 PM »
Now, I said the same thing about EqG dolls, G3s, G4s, and MLP toys in general, but I highly doubt I'll ever have anything related to Newborn Cuties.  They just look like a failed genetic experiment.  I doubt I'll buy G2s, either. I think there's maybe one thing from 3.5 I like, so there's a maybe on that.

cutest-curtsey

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 05:55:16 PM »
I dunno but I really adore G 3.5, I think they're cute. (And my favorite gen shhh) But I'm not fond of Ponyville, anthro ponies (THEY ARE HORSES, NOT PEOPLE) and Chrysilis
I really want to love her, I do, but I have trypophobia (fear of holes in the body/solid objects) and while i'm normally okay with cartoons, and she seems like a character I'd love, (Maybe even saving g4 for me? ) I really just cant make myself look at her. At least her toys are just celestia but black.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:57:01 PM by cutest-curtsey »

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 06:13:39 PM »
Ponies with bad hair cuts or smoky smells.

G1 Petites. They seem so overpriced for something so tiny. I adore G1 but it's a no for me on those.

G1 So Softs.

BBE ponies. They're creepy.

G2 ponies. I think they're cute, but there's so many of them and I'll just have to pass.

G3-G3.5 anything. Nope nope nope.

The Equestria Girls dolls. I liked the first movie just fine, still haven't seen the second, but collecting ponies is enough for me. I don't need dolls on top of that, especially when I'm not a big fan of dolls in general. Who knows, though? I feel like my mind might change on this.

Merchandise of background ponies who have only showed up once/haven't played a prominent role at some point. For instance, I'm okay with the DJ Pon-3 stuff (to a degree. I think she gets too much attention), but Octavia? No thanks. I'm a lover of all things music, but I don't get why she stands out so much to people.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 07:30:21 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 06:29:10 PM »
I only collect G1, and I try to restrict myself a *little* bit.

BBE babies (though I looove NBBE versions, Baby Lofty maybe one day when I marry rich prince charming, loool)
SSSN
Dream Beauties
Princess BNG. Princess Sparkle and Baby Princess Sparkle (to me they look a bit gimmicky, like an explosion of girliness, gems, tinsel and glitter.... *runs*)
Dollymix

Obviously other gens, though I secretly am warming up to G4 since watching the cartoon.  My mum's a secret pony-lover who lives it out through her kids rather than having her own ponies.  It's so funny when she sees pics of G4 and says indignantly, 'they're not ponies!'  Ah old people :)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 09:44:51 PM »
I don't seem to have any patience for ponies without rooted hair these days. A lot of merch items are included in that. POP ponies (both Hasbro and Funko). All petites, Ponyvilles, McDonald's ponies, etc. I collected G4 blind bags but I went off of them very quickly, thinking about getting rid of them sometime. Same with Funko ponies, the static standing pose doesn't do enough for me without something to change up the display like a new hair style. Design-a-Ponies only get a pass because they fit in to my Fluttershy and Princess pony collections.

Ponies that permanently discolour into ugly shades. G1 Sparkle ponies, Glow n Shows, the Princess Sparkle with the fiber optics, watercolour baby seaponies, G3 Divine Shines. I don't think I could bring myself to own even the mintiest of them for fear of future degradation. I'm super worried about the G4 transparent ponies and snowglobe ponies, hope they don't go icky a few years from now.

BBE babies. I know it's the constant answer but their little eyes creep me out... No other ponies have the realistic etched iris design, I much prefer fantasy-style paint stamps to human-like doll eyes. It's a shame because some of the characters are really cute! Oh, baby Lofty, how you taunt me with your only variant being a rare Nirvana...

G3.5 ponies, I just can't stand their wibbly-wobbly bulgy heads and bendy bellbottom legs. The characters, colour schemes and hair rooting/length/style are nice, but the bodies themselves I find really discomforting. I only like the three mommy ponies because they have straighter, taller legs to offset the big head.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 11:32:05 PM »
As much as I like G2s, I don't like those ones with the articulated legs. They creep me right out. I also don't like how difficult it is to find the McDonalds toys from the same generation; I am literally just looking to replace one little white pony with silver swirls on it and it doesn't appear to be ANYWHERE. :/

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 12:09:33 AM »
Major haircuts... Why have i bought in the past these ponies.  :crazy:

G3-G3.5-G4. There are some ponies that i think are nice, but theyre not my cup of tea.   ^.^

Thank you :heart:

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 01:54:06 AM »
Plastic hair ponies :/

BBE's, Ballerina ponies... actually there are a lot of G1s I can't be bothered with XD

Megans, Mollies.

Most of the Equestria dolls don't interest me either.

Offline unluckyrabbit

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Ponies have taken over my life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 02:22:31 AM »
G3.5 (they just look gross to me I don't like them at all)
g2(their cute but nothing about them says my little pony to me)

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 02:43:05 AM »
G2, G3, G3.5.
Especially G3.
Also, Equestria Girls. It's overpowering G4 too much.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:45:24 AM by SubmarineHallucination »
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal