collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The pony "not-like" thread.  (Read 3710 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: The pony "not-like" thread.
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 07:28:08 PM »
EQGs-I got into MLP cause I didn't wanna play with dolls, so why am I seeing Dolls that were once Ponies?!?! The whole idea sounds like an overdone fanfic. in fact it wouldn't surprise me if (for the record I'm an avid ff reader and writer) that's where they got the idea from.

I've always thought this. It's a shame that they had to tie it in with the pony side of things, but I guess since MLP was/has been popular, it was easiest to ride the coattails of that to start a doll line to compete with Monster High, Ever After High, etc.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2014, 07:48:27 PM »
EQGs-I got into MLP cause I didn't wanna play with dolls, so why am I seeing Dolls that were once Ponies?!?! The whole idea sounds like an overdone fanfic. in fact it wouldn't surprise me if (for the record I'm an avid ff reader and writer) that's where they got the idea from.

I've always thought this. It's a shame that they had to tie it in with the pony side of things, but I guess since MLP was/has been popular, it was easiest to ride the coattails of that to start a doll line to compete with Monster High, Ever After High, etc.

If I recall, there was a panel where they said they got the idea from humanized pony fanart.  In which case I'm surprised that the dolls don't have ridiculously oversized breasts.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2014, 08:27:50 PM »

If I recall, there was a panel where they said they got the idea from humanized pony fanart.  In which case I'm surprised that the dolls don't have ridiculously oversized breasts.

well I wasn't far off apparently. lol
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2014, 12:37:21 AM »
Funrise Plush. I want some normal hair. The Fuzzy ones are fine by me (Furyu etc) but please stop with that spaghetti hair! And the worst is, they make most characters.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2014, 01:02:21 AM »
 -_- Equestria Girls for me too. Ponies were what I played with because I didn't like dolls! I particularly dislike when I search for My Little Pony on Ebay and half the listings are for dolls not ponies!  >_<
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The pony \"not-like\" thread.
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2014, 04:30:02 AM »
Well I dont like G3.5, the creepy baby pinies that look like birds 0_0

I will agree with Beddy Bye Eye G1s, kinda weird looking! The first tooth babies freak me out as well.

I dislike the g4 EQG dolls because theres too many and for the lack of articlation are too pricey for what they go retail. Im sorry, but for MH dolls they arent any competition. If im gonna spend $20 on a doll its gonna be a MH or EAH doll! Even before EQG there have been like $7 Monster High dolls and the cheapest EQG dolls are like $12! The movies are okay but for me in a toyline ponies should stay ponies. I agree with y'all, the whole idea sounds like some fanfic fantasy come true LOL. Im done with Equestria girls anything. The fact theres more new characters in the dolls instead of the ponies this year bugs me.

I hate all the rereleases of the mane 6 in the G4 PONY g4 series, both brushables and blindbags. I want brushable boy ponies and new background characters put into the playful pony line! Lazy lazy hasbro. That and wow the quality is getting worse and worse. My earlier ones feel better quality than the new ones. Im tired of mane 6 and princesses!! They arent selling.... I STILL have some royal wedding/crystal empire princess stuff floating around as well as tons of pinkie pie in my stores.

I also dislike marker stains, pony cancer, miscolored heads/bodies, fried pony hair, haircuts, scalpers that sell ponies for too much, and plastic molded clothes, both on ponies or the new EQG dolls, and most if all....

I HATE it when new ponies in the mail smell like smoke or poop. Or have poop on them! If someone is gonna sell toyson the internet at LEAST wipe them off with a lysol wipe! I bought a Twilight Sparkle playful pony with the forelock, but when she arrived there was doggy poopies on her leg and mane. T________T

Post Merge: October 10, 2014, 04:45:38 AM

I'll say this right now...I don't like that ponies I've really wanted to see (Roseluck, Sapphire Shores) are being made into dolls and NOT actual brushable ponies.  I don't mind the dolls, but could they PLEASE make the ponies, too?! 

I also don't like an all-pink or all-pastel pony.  That's partially why I love G1 so much...there's SO much variety in colors, and there are a great number of beautiful neon ponies whose colors pop and shine. 

Also not a huge Megan/Molly fan.

What. Theres a Roseluck and Sapphire Shores doll!? Proves my point, toooooo many  EQG dolls and not enough new character PONY toys. Next years pony toys look a lot better as far as variety but wow this year sucked for new characters. Ugh EQG dolls left and right being released or leaked every few weeks it seems.

Im glad there are actually so many people here that dont like the flood of EQG dolls, i was starting to feel like I was going nutty LOL.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:08:02 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2014, 05:17:04 AM »
Hmmm... I have this one-of-each-at-least policy when it comes to pony lines. That being said, I'll never get any more gen3.5 and EQG. I'm also trying to avoid any merchandise, with the exception of a few things I actually use/wear (like the gen1 adult shirts!).

Truly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The pony &quot;not-like&quot; thread.
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2014, 05:30:11 AM »
I don't like EQG dolls as well, I like ponies! Though I adore the new punk rainbow dash and fluttershy, they are POSABLE WHOA!
I am sick of overpriced ponies and I am tired of the postage costs to Australia that I have to pay because we don't get even half of the ponies released here at all! Blind bags don't exist here :/ also rereleases, how many pinkie pies are there???
I'm not really into Megan and Molly either, they're cute but not a pony. Sadly I have a Megan with her dress and such and I don't know what to do with her lol.
I hate chewed off feet, ears, etc :( makes me want to cry! I hate when the changing colour hair in g1 ponies goes all nasty and frizzy and doesn't change colour anymore...
Also, how overpriced funko glitter ponies are. Why. They're $12-25 in stores so why should they be over $100??? I nearly cried today trying to win a glitter sweetie drops and she went to nearly $200... I swear I'll never get her! it's maddening!
But generation wise, I just love ponies! Though I do feel there is too many g3 ponies to collect!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2014, 06:27:14 AM »
Oh this is such a sad thread :P

However if I am going to get into the spirit...blind bags...sorry dont get them, dont like them they are not real ponies to me and I just cant appreciate them.

Everything else I am good with.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2014, 08:07:16 AM »
BBE-creepy lil soul-suckers from beyond the abyss. if I ever did get one in a lot, I'd practically give it to anyone on the TP or Arena for free, before I wake up to find it floating over my head one night and pulling a Shang Tsung on me.

This is so accurate it should have been on their backcards.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2014, 09:22:02 AM »
I HATE it when new ponies in the mail smell like smoke or poop. Or have poop on them! If someone is gonna sell toyson the internet at LEAST wipe them off with a lysol wipe! I bought a Twilight Sparkle playful pony with the forelock, but when she arrived there was doggy poopies on her leg and mane. T________T

eww that's disgusting! I hope you gave that seller an earful

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Would you like to make a contract, Leave a Whisper?

Don't think I will. I like my soul right where it is thank you very much  :really:

lol

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 09:24:12 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2014, 09:50:19 AM »
Equestria Girls.  I didn't like dolls as a kid, and honestly it kind of pains me to see "ponies-as-dolls."  If I were going to get into dolls, I'd get into Monster High or Ever After High.  Sorry Hasbro, but they do it better.

G3.5s.  I CAN'T STAND THESE. Something about their faces awakens a dormant rage in me.

G1 Teeny Tinies / Teeny Tiny Twins.  That is not a pony, that is a pair of eyeballs balanced on four squat cylinders.

Newborn Cuties.  No no no no noooooo!

"cutie marks".  Yep, still hate this phrase.

G1 So-Soft ponies.  *Eight year old self stares aggressively and judges.* 
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: The pony &quot;not-like&quot; thread.
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2014, 09:56:44 AM »
I don't like EQG dolls as well, I like ponies! Though I adore the new punk rainbow dash and fluttershy, they are POSABLE WHOA!

-snip snip snip-

Also, how overpriced funko glitter ponies are. Why. They're $12-25 in stores so why should they be over $100??? I nearly cried today trying to win a glitter sweetie drops and she went to nearly $200... I swear I'll never get her! it's maddening!
Same here! I was looking at those dolls and I wanted to smack myself for even thinking of buying them... BUT THE ARTICULATION AND THAT RAINBOW DASH AND THAT CUTE AS HELL FLUTTERSHY!

Totally agree with you on the glitter ponies. I've never paid more than $50 for a glitter though, with Bon Bon being an exception but she was still under $100 and my fiance was awesome enough to buy her for me. Glitter hunting has been pure luck for me, because I've been doing good at finding them while they're still in the store. It makes me cringe to see their prices on eBay. Honestly though, I blame the people who are willing to pay $100+ for the glitters. If no one bought them for those prices, they obviously wouldn't sell for those prices, and people would put them up for lower value. So yup, I'm totally judging all those people who had $500+ to drop on Bon Bon and Spitfire over the summer. JUDGING YOU! THEY AREN'T WORTH THAT MUCH, MAN!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2014, 03:20:08 PM »
Eye wonk.

Two eyes, same place either side of head. Can't be that difficult, right? Wrong. Eye wonk gets on my bits SO MUCH  :rant:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2014, 03:32:45 PM »
Equestria Girls.  I didn't like dolls as a kid, and honestly it kind of pains me to see "ponies-as-dolls."  If I were going to get into dolls, I'd get into Monster High or Ever After High.  Sorry Hasbro, but they do it better.

G3.5s.  I CAN'T STAND THESE. Something about their faces awakens a dormant rage in me.

G1 Teeny Tinies / Teeny Tiny Twins.  That is not a pony, that is a pair of eyeballs balanced on four squat cylinders.

Newborn Cuties.  No no no no noooooo!

"cutie marks".  Yep, still hate this phrase.

G1 So-Soft ponies.  *Eight year old self stares aggressively and judges.*

Ditto on your point about Equestria Girls. Your thought on Equestria Girls is the exact same is mine. I don't like dolls either, but Monster/Ever After High are much better quality than Equestria Girls. I don't want my loveable, sweet ponies to be toothpick, alien, badly-humanized dolls.

Also, I feel Equestria Girls dolls fail to capture the spirit of the characters. Especially Luna... just... why?
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal