collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony G1 Complete Series vs Escape from Catrina and other adeventures  (Read 4846 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I can't believe they cut those parts either, they were actually really good. I remember watching Rescue at Midnight Castle on YT as an adult and being like wait, where's that part I love??? So disappointed they didn't make it the uncut version!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
I have both of the uncut versions on VHS but I honestly can't recall any differences without rewatching them on VHS. Though my G1 complete series disc set has EFMC and the Catrina one as the first two episodes on disc 1 though, then the Flutter Valley ones. Are there other sets that were made?

Also, some guy makes custom DVD sets, including MLP G1 and tales, and even takes requests. Will post the link once I can find it.
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
For those of you asking, I found the full series DVD set in store at my Walmart yesterday (in Canada). So it's not online only, at least not here. I didn't even know it was coming out, I went to pick up MH Freaky Fusion and was so happy to see the G1 full series DVD!!!!  :happy: :frolic:

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Just received my shipping email (The Complete Series) and the set should arrive in about 2 - 2,5 weeks.

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
Do not doubt I'm one of the few on this, honestly though I'm not fussed about parts being cut. It has been so long since I've seen some of the episodes that truthfully I'm just excited to be able to see them again, cut or not.

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
So glad I checked this out! In was excited to hear about the DVDs coming out and will let DH know that it is the complete series I wish for for Christmas. Sadly I guess I will hang on to my old vhs copy of Catrina & Midnight Castlemy mom made me decades ago lol. Why can't they release the WHOLE thing? I know I can't be the only fan annoyed buy this. If they could do it with Jem why not MLP? *sigh*
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I have both of the uncut versions on VHS but I honestly can't recall any differences without rewatching them on VHS. Though my G1 complete series disc set has EFMC and the Catrina one as the first two episodes on disc 1 though, then the Flutter Valley ones. Are there other sets that were made?

Also, some guy makes custom DVD sets, including MLP G1 and tales, and even takes requests. Will post the link once I can find it.

Please dont post the link. :) These will be pirated copies for sale and we dont permit illegal activity to be advertised on the Arena.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
As soon as I can find the complete series in person or online with a reasonable shipping, I'll buy it. :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
My DVD's are finally shipped and should be here Tuesday.  I needed the relief.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Are these going to be available in the UK? I love my VHS copies but they are a bit worse for wear now!!!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I was hoping the DVDs wouldn't have the cut versions of the specials either but I'm sure Shout Factory had to work with what Hasbro gave them so I blame Hasbro for the specials being cut not Shout Factory. Does the complete series have any bonus features on it?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
I was hoping the DVDs wouldn't have the cut versions of the specials either but I'm sure Shout Factory had to work with what Hasbro gave them so I blame Hasbro for the specials being cut not Shout Factory. Does the complete series have any bonus features on it?

Ponyfan
  nope, nothing extra .
been watching them today , so far 2 discs, and 2 to go :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
I was hoping the DVDs wouldn't have the cut versions of the specials either but I'm sure Shout Factory had to work with what Hasbro gave them so I blame Hasbro for the specials being cut not Shout Factory.
Hasbro gave them the series.  Therefore, we got the series version of the specials. 
Does the complete series have any bonus features on it?
Not surprisingly no.  Shout Factory doesn't do special features most of the time.

Mine just arrived.  It looks like it's the Disney cut which is bit disappointing for Shout Factory.  However, I got my own legal copy of the original series.  Which makes me happy.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 12:57:01 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
My copy came today. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
I got mine three days ago - still have yet to watch it - I probally won't for a while since it sounds just like the DVD's released 9-10 years ago that I already own.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal