collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony G1 Complete Series vs Escape from Catrina and other adeventures  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Thanks for checking both sets Bowtie. The song Al-1701 mentioned was cut from Catrina. I was really hoping it would be the version with Little Piece of Rainbow left in.   

Are any physical stores carrying the complete series? I checked Walmart today and they only had Escape from Catrina and other adventures.

Ponyfan
No problem! It was my pleasure! I'll check Catrina, but I'm assuming the song is cut if the one from RFMC was cut as well.

I think the complete series is online only. If Walmart or Target (it says online only on their website) don't have it in stores, I'm guessing it won't be in any stores.

Edit: There was no song other than the baby pony song and the one at the end so it looks like it's the cut version.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 07:59:07 PM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
So I just ran to Walmart to pick up the escape from catrina dvd. It's definitely the edited for tv version. No good before you turned bad good old days song. Just thought I'd let you guys know!

Walmart did not have the box set. Meijer didn't have either DVDs.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
awww sad to hear that it's the cut version. :(  I was hoping for an Un-edited version on DVD.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
You know, something good to compliment the complete series would be a DVD of the movie and unedited specials.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone that checked the specials to see if they were the cut versions. I was really hoping for an unedited release as well.  I'll still be getting the complete series. I checked a few stores today and didn't find it so I think it's an online only release.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Mine just arrived from Target.com   
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Mine has yet to be shipped by Amazon.  They're claiming it should be here as early as Firday and no later than Tuesday.  They better get the off the dime to put it in the system.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
If the new complete series release has the uncut versions, then I'll definitely be picking it up. If not, then I won't bother, as I already have the previously-released DVDs that are cut. Which is why I've hung onto the VHS tapes from when I was a kid. ;P
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I' hoping the series itself is the original broadcast and not the Disney version which cut all the cliffhangers short.  Knowing Shout Factory, that's probably the case, but it's sadly the series version of the specials we're getting.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Interesting - its a shame they did not include the full versions on the single release.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
I' hoping the series itself is the original broadcast and not the Disney version which cut all the cliffhangers short.  Knowing Shout Factory, that's probably the case, but it's sadly the series version of the specials we're getting.

How were the Disney versions different? :o I've never heard of this before.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Dang. I was hoping the "other stories" would have the uncut versions. Oh well, maybe they'll take out a movie DVD sometime with the uncut specials and feature length movie.

Elf

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

How were the Disney versions different? :o I've never heard of this before.
Disney cut the cliffhangers short to get rid of the "To be continued..." messages.

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Were the episodes remastered at least? I'd love to see screen shots of what the quality is like if possible.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
I have a copy of both so I can certainly check to see if they are uncut. I haven't seen Escape from Catrina uncut so I need to know what was cut so I can let y'all know. Was Little Piece of Rainbow the only thing cut from Rescue From Midnight Castle?

The Escape from Catrina DVD has these episodes:

Escape from Catrina Part 1 & 2
Little Piece of Magic
Would Be Dragonslayer
The Revolt of Paradise Estate Part 1 & 2
Rescue From Midnight Castle Part 1 &2
Flight to Cloud Castle Part 1 & 2

Edit: So I checked both DVDs for Rescue From Midnight Castle and they both don't have the Little Piece of Rainbow song. If I realized that Escape from Catrina had the episodes that were also on the complete series, I would have just bought the one and saved myself $10. Oh well!
  Is good to know, i have not open the DVDs yet, So I need to return the Escape from Catrina , since all the episodes are on the complete series   :|
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal