collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony G1 Complete Series vs Escape from Catrina and other adeventures  (Read 4821 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile

Anyhoo... here's hoping that the packaging for the new release, at least, is an improvement over the original 2003 Season 1 set.  I cringe every time I take my copy out - the G2 cover art, the terrible low-quality insert art on the 'thinpak' keep cases - it feels more like a bootleg than an official release.   :huh:

The DVDs are inside one box/case. The episodes are listed on the inside front cover and inside back cover with the DVDs in the middle. The box and slipcover feature G1 ponies although some of them are not in the series like Starshine and one of the birthflower ponies.

I would be interested in seeing the sales figures too.  I see the Escape from Catrina one all the time but never the Complete series except online.   

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
***removed post/link
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:41:22 PM by CapnChan »
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
I can just see it now - Hasbro claiming there is little interest in G1 due to the low sales figures for the complete series DVD release.  But judging from the experiences people on this thread have had, the distribution for the set is really spotty and its exposure to the average store customer is likely quite limited.  I mean really... how hard is it to get a DVD title distributed evenly to retailers, and on time?  :rolleyes:

Anyhoo... here's hoping that the packaging for the new release, at least, is an improvement over the original 2003 Season 1 set.  I cringe every time I take my copy out - the G2 cover art, the terrible low-quality insert art on the 'thinpak' keep cases - it feels more like a bootleg than an official release.   :huh:

I agree.  I am not a fan of G2's but I know there are people who are but I don't like how when there were G1 DVD's they had G2's on there instead.  I am so glad they did nice G1 box art for this release.

I got my complete series DVD set in the mail today.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:26:50 PM by Majesty »

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Compete series where

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Got the set (complete series) yesterday and after watching "End of Flutter Valley" I decided, that before watching anymore, I'm going to rip the DVDs on my computer and then edit/combine the multipart episodes, so I only have to watch one opening and ending credits per "episode". While this is strictly for personal use only, film industry probably sees me as a horrible criminal. Of course since I live in region 2 and watch region 1 DVDs they probably already see me as such.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Picked up the Complete series today, there is a physical copy at Barnes n Noble. Escape from Catrina has the rep and catrina song gone and the dvds seem a little off, the animation in the intro moves a little too fast and in the second part of princess pony quest had the sound turned off for a few seconds. I haven't had a chance to watch all the episodes or every dvd so I dunno if there are any other minor flaws and I haven't seen this series for years so I don't know if anything else is gone
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:41:56 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
the animation in the intro moves a little too fast

I thought the opening theme seemed a bit "off" as well.. at least in my copy, the background sounds are louder than the singing, if that makes sense.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
On my set the opening is very soft and hard to hear at times but I thought maybe it was due to the cartoons being so old. Which part of the Quest of the Princess ponies doesn't have sound? I checked part 2 and watched a few minutes and it had sound during the first few minutes.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
I noticed Walmart.com no longer has the complete series in stock. I thought it would be popular but I didn't think it would be sold out already.

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
On my set the opening is very soft and hard to hear at times but I thought maybe it was due to the cartoons being so old. Which part of the Quest of the Princess ponies doesn't have sound? I checked part 2 and watched a few minutes and it had sound during the first few minutes.

Ponyfan

Just the first few seconds, though it could just be my copy.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
I had a video that did that once after a  few plays. The sound starting fading in and out at certain points.

Ponyfan

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Im going to try amazon

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
I finally got my set last week. The intro doesn't appear to have any problems. Since I haven't seen The Quest of the Princess Ponies on it yet, I haven't discovered the sound error. Although the specials are the edited versions, it wasn't a surprise to me, it's unlikely they'd put them on a box set, and there are unedited versions on the specials on Dailymotion.
Although I was expecting the episodes to be restored to fix a few errors (Surprise's mane and tail being almost brown in 'Sonambula'), but ah well.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
I don't know, if it's just on my copy or all of them, but there is a short freeze frame issue on "The End of Flutter Valley", where Megan has come to free the Flutter ponies from the bees and tells the Queen they are surrounded. During the freeze, audio goes on normally.

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
That's a production error, actually. Megan tells Queen Bumble she is surrounded, there is rustling in the bushes while the screen freezes on Bumble for a few seconds, then it goes back to animation. If it doesn't play out like that, then it might actually be a problem with the DVD.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal